Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame (2968 Views)

Pictures Of Russian Muslims At Eid In Moscow New Hall Russia / Islamic Scholar Writes About Experience With Fame And Responsibility / Islam Section Hall Of Fame - Posters Of The Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by Jarus(m): 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
Assalaamu alaikum waramotulahi wabarakatuhu,

Like any other activity, indeed like our stay on earth itself, everything is transitory. All of us will not be here forever. At some point we will move on. But what legacy do we want to leave behind when we leave here? I have decided to open this thread as reference to people that will come here in the future about certain personalities that deserve to have their names etched in Gold in this section. I am the Mod here today, I may not be tomorrow, in fact the reality is I, nay everybody, will not be here forever. But I deem it fit to start this record of people that were very outstanding and exceptional while being here(every single person is indeed useful) so that teh next generation of Nairalanders can know about them. The case of Olabowale particularly struck me. New Muslim Nairalanders may not know him, and when we oldies totally leave the scene, he becomes forgotten. His contribution to Islam via this forum is too golden to be forgotten jsut liek that. Generations must know about him, and others. It is in this spirit that I am starting this project, which I pray outlives me. I hope this thread will remain forever stickied, and whoever takes over as Mod from me will continue and it goes on and on.

The criteria is very strict, so we ask for the forgiveness of people that, despite their very visible contribution, may still not make it. Note, also, that members will be inducted at their 'ageing' days here, i.e time when they gloriously leave or show signs of leaving or become not so frequent and active. So, still very active members may not be inducted at their 'heydays'(i.e very active days).

INDUCTEES - NAIRALAND MUSLIM SECTION HALL OF FAME

1, OLABOWALE: Alhaji Olabowale will forever be remembered for his very active contribution to Islam through Nairaland. His maturity, debating skills and admirable mien were as awesome as his mastery of Islamic history. He was here between June 04, 2006 to March 05, 2010. He cited personal reasons for quitting. He will forever be remembered in the annals of history of NL Muslim Ummah. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=28427

2, BELLOTTI: Belloti was active here between 2006 and 2008, but he still buzzes in once in a while. He was a pillar of Islam while here and provided support for Olabowale and co. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=15457

3, BABS787 Not a few Muslim oldies on NL will agree that Babs is the second most valuable Islamic scholar on NL after Olabowale. Although still around, Babs has not been so active as he was between 2006 and 2008. Born a Christian and later converted to Islam, Babs has never gotten tired of rationally defending Islam on this site. He has stamped a place in the history of Islam on Nairaland. Generations to come must hear about him: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=37362

4,??[/b]It can be you, just keep up your passion and good work here

Although winning this section's poster of the year doesn't automatically qualify one for this Hall of Fame, it is important to recognize winners of Annual Islamic Section's Posters of the Year in this thread too. They are active now and we pray they don't quit or become inactive soon, but they are surely heading towards making this golden list anytime soon.

[b]2009
: Muhsin
2010: Lagosboy
2011: ??
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by zayhal(f): 10:56am On Jan 16, 2011
Before reading what you wrote, the 1st person that came to my mind was Olabowale. Sincerely. I wish he were still around.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by AbuHanifa: 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2011
May Allah reward them all.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by ifyalways(f): 9:17am On Jan 17, 2011
I used to scan through Olabowoles posts years ago,i wish he was still around.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by Lagosboy: 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2011
Egbon Olabowale , May Allah continue to shower his blessings and mercies on you wherever you are.

I wish Mukina2´s name make the hall of fame. Except if mods/supermods are automatically desqualified. From 2005, 2006 when i used to read through NL i always remembered she made this section survive when there were very few muslims around. Even during the days of the Osisi and co she always did her best to defend the cause.

Nowadays she is no longer active in this section unfortunately.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by babs787(m): 6:17pm On Jan 18, 2011
Salam

I am short of what to say. Alhamdulillah for making it to the Hall of Fame. I was just doing my posting for Allah's sake and never looked to receive anything in return from anybody. I came to NL through joke section in which my friend introduced me to. I felt bad when I saw input from non-muslims saying lots of things about Islam and I felt it that even if I may not be able to do another Dawah, this is an opportunity for me to refute all lies, misunderstandings, misconceptions etc in which Allah stood by me because NL was not easy then. It used to be very 'hot' as a result of hot debate from my friends but unknowingly, they strenghtened my faith in Islam,increased my knowledge and made me to further believe in Islam.

All appreciation goes to every Muslims of NL and may Allah continue to be with you, strengthen u and I would continue to do my best as far as NL is concerned.

Moderator, please some names came to my mind (though I can not remember some now) when I came across this thread. These names made me to appear in hall of fame and without them, there is no me and brought NL to this level. There are some that I felt should never be forgotten. My friends, brothers and sisters in the like of

Mustay

Mukina

Firdaus

Mdsocks

Frizy:

Ayinba1

Zayhal
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by misterh(m): 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2011
When i saw the topic, the first person that came to my mind was Olabowale. He is truly a legend. May ALLAH bless him.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by zayhal(f): 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2011
misterh:

When i saw the topic, the first person that came to my mind was Olabowale. He is truly a legend. May ALLAH bless him.

Amin
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by aljharem2: 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2011
misterh:

Amin, the man was a very intelligent man
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2011
May Allah reward Olabowale in this life and the next,amin.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2011
Mukina2 my favourite
Olabowale
nopuqeater
Abuzooooooooooooooooooooola
Mushin
Chakula
Zayhal even though she doesnt like me
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by Jarus(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2011
alj-harem:

So you dey come this side.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by hymen(f): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2011
I think LagosShia(aka Karbala,,KwaraShia & numerous other aliases grin) should be on the list as well.

You may not all agree with his school of Islamic thought,but he seems to know his onions & is definately an asset to the ummah at large
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by zayhal(f): 6:00pm On Jan 22, 2011
toba:

Mukina2 my favourite
Olabowale
nopuqeater
Abuzooooooooooooooooooooola
Mushin
Chakula
Zayhal even though she doesnt like me

Neither do I hate you. tongue

Muhsin not mushin cool That name is too good to be mis-spelt.[sub] Is there any word like that?[/sub] undecided
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by ronkeenuf(f): 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2011
ifyalways:

I used to scan through Olabowoles posts years ago,i wish he was still around.

wish so too
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by mukina2: 11:54am On Jan 24, 2011
na wa.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by Cogent: 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2011
oyb nko? And samba123. Especially oyb. He no longer comes here tho. Dunno if Riskie is also qualified. . . .and Mustay (where are they?)
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by babs787(m): 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2011
oyb nko? And samba123. Especially oyb. He no longer comes here tho. Dunno if Riskie is also qualified. . . .and Mustay (where are they?)

Salam

Thanks a lot Dudue.
Please, I think[b] Oyb [/b],Samba123 and Riskie should be included. They are part of the Muslims that made this thread what it is today.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by LagosShia: 8:58pm On Jan 25, 2011
hymen:

I think LagosShia(aka Karbala,,KwaraShia & numerous other aliases grin) should be on the list as well.

You may not all agree with his school of Islamic thought,but he seems to know his onions & is definately an asset to the ummah at large

thanks for the support.

just a point of correction,"KwaraShia" is not among my other usernames."LagosShia" is my main username.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by misterh(m): 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2011
Whether they are included or not, ALLAH will continue to bless them for the Jihad they perform & are still performing.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2011
Amin, if men can play politics,Allah does not play politics
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by Jarus(m): 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2011
uplawal:

Amin, if men can play politics,Allah does not play politics
Itumo?
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by muhsin(m): 5:06pm On Feb 08, 2011
Salam,

I like this thread; and I hundred percent believe with the choice of those members. They even did more than what's stated there. Only Allah's reward can (and over, as He's capable of doing more than just that) satiate them for what they did and still are doing. May Allah, the Exalted, reward us all, amin.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by dominique(f): 5:08pm On Feb 13, 2011
alj-harem:

he was? are you saying he's no longer with us? cry cry cry
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by deols(f): 11:54am On Feb 27, 2011
dominique:

he was? are you saying he's no longer with us? cry cry cry

i hope not . May Allah reward them all.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by mukina2: 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2011
^ he is alive and around cheesy
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by Araboy(m): 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2011
@mikina Lol I like your signature I can understand Wolof I used to live in Senegal so '' se khol yangui ci kan in nairaland '' ?
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by mukina2: 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2011
lol  sii kehn wink i just put it dia,  . . .more like a catch phrase.

LOl you even spelt the senegalese way . 'khol' here its 'hol' smiley
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by zayhal(f): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2011
mukina2:

^ he is alive and around cheesy

I thot as much.
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by Araboy(m): 12:52am On Apr 17, 2011
@ Mukina Yew yekarnani dekna ci Serakunda Mba amga Dieuker ?
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by olawalebabs(m): 8:16am On Apr 25, 2011
The moderator, thanks for this thread, i see this thread just like this world. What'll people be saying after we are no more. What bro Olabowale and babs did when they were still active on NL still speak volume of them. What'll people say of us when we too "retire" from NL
Re: Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame by azharuddin: 9:40am On Apr 25, 2011
olawalebab:

The moderator, thanks for this thread, i see this thread just like this world. What'll people be saying after we are no more. What bro Olabowale and babs did when they were still active on NL still speak volume of them. What'll people say of us when we too "retire" from NL

Dont worry bro even if people doesn't notice, Allah who knows everything will notice the effort. And it is what matters the most and it is the only thing that matters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribalism:the Problem Facing The Ummah In Nigeria / The Reason Why Muslims Marry Under Age by Alhaji... / What Does The Islam Religion Say About Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.