Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

(CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. (822 Views)

CBN To Raise BDC’s Share Capital To ₦2 Billion / How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? / Procedure For Checking Availability Code For CAC Company Registration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 11:03am On May 19, 2020
Please house, there is an issue delaying my company registration since February 2020, I paid an Agent #85,000 to register a Company and a Business Name for me and after 3 weeks my Business Name certificate was received but before this time my Company Name has been Approved and payment made to C.A.C for the registration, the name was reserved and approved then court fees, Firs fees and Stamp duty all paid attached with the type of business I intend doing with the company and submitted, I was hoping in few days time the company Certificate will be issue according to the Agent, I was shocked after 2 days the Agent called me to come to his office,when I got there he showed me the denial page and the reason is that my company Name has "TRUST" in it and as such that 1 million share capital is too small that with "TRUST" in it, I need 300,000,000 share capital before I can register the company, please house note that in my reserved and approved company name there is also a part of it with "INVESTORS" on it, my question is,why didn't they made it known during company Name search and reservation or even before approving it for payment as in the case of registering PLC, CONGLOMERATE, HOLDINGS ETC, another question, is the fault from the Agent or from me for choosing a company name I want. The Agent called somebody from C.A.C according to him, the person said I should reserve another name and ask C.A.C to transfer the details and the payment to the new Reserved company name and we did it but C.A.C rejected it saying that they don't do such thing, the Agent writes to C.A.C through there Website, he showed me everything. Before I decided to register this new company I have one registered 7 years ago with 1,000,000 share capital, now I said let me register a new company with higher share capital because I don't know the difference so that in future if there are business or contracts that needs more share capital I may apply for people will not start blaming me for not registering company with more than 1 million share capital since I have one with 1 million share capital, I called somebody that works in a bank as front teller, he didn't know much about the difference before i went to my bank where my company Account is domiciled to enquire what is the difference between company with 1,000,000 share capital and company with above 1,000,000 and I asked for the person in charge of corporate accounts and I told him my reason for visiting, he said there is no difference but from the way he answered I knew he was not sure, I said look I have a corporate account with this bank but I want to register another for some contracts that I am expecting from a political office holder which I would not like to use my existing company to execute, he then I ask me like how much I am expecting and I said over ONE BILLION NAIRA, he said I should give him my corporate account number and when he checked my existing corporate account he said this account can take over ONE BILLION NAIRA, but I know my corporate account have not received more than 5,000,000 once before. Lastly, please what should I do to resolve this, the Agent said we should apply for refund from C.A.C and he wrote a letter which I signed for refund before lockdown and till now no news from C.A.C. Please house, I would be very glad if anyone can explain to me in a layman's language the difference between 1,000,000 share capital and anything above 1,000,000 share capital. I have searched the internet for the difference but I don't really understand all most the explanations given.
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 3:09pm On May 19, 2020
Please house, I know my write up is too long but it is for someone to learn one or two things in this house that is why I took my time to write it the way it happened, please people should comment.
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 7:32pm On May 19, 2020
Comments
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 11:18pm On May 19, 2020
Please house, I would be very glad if anyone can explain to me in a layman's language the difference between 1,000,000 share capital and anything above 1,000,000 share capital. I have searched the internet for the difference but I don't really understand all most the explanations given.
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by wole212(m): 6:02am On May 20, 2020
Is the said agent a Lawyer? A good lawyer will break this things down for you in details as it is their job too to register companies. Just seek the advice of a Lawyer at little or no consultation fee.
AsabaPropertyAg:
Please house, there is an issue delaying my company registration since February 2020, I paid an Agent #85,000 to register a Company and a Business Name for me and after 3 weeks my Business Name certificate was received but before this time my Company Name has been Approved and payment made to C.A.C for the registration, the name was reserved and approved then court fees, Firs fees and Stamp duty all paid attached with the type of business I intend doing with the company and submitted, I was hoping in few days time the company Certificate will be issue according to the Agent, I was shocked after 2 days the Agent called me to come to his office,when I got there he showed me the denial page and the reason is that my company Name has "TRUST" in it and as such that 1 million share capital is too small that with "TRUST" in it, I need 300,000,000 share capital before I can register the company, please house note that in my reserved and approved company name there is also a part of it with "INVESTORS" on it, my question is,why didn't they made it known during company Name search and reservation or even before approving it for payment as in the case of registering PLC, CONGLOMERATE, HOLDINGS ETC, another question, is the fault from the Agent or from me for choosing a company name I want. The Agent called somebody from C.A.C according to him, the person said I should reserve another name and ask C.A.C to transfer the details and the payment to the new Reserved company name and we did it but C.A.C rejected it saying that they don't do such thing, the Agent writes to C.A.C through there Website, he showed me everything. Before I decided to register this new company I have one registered 7 years ago with 1,000,000 share capital, now I said let me register a new company with higher share capital because I don't know the difference so that in future if there are business or contracts that needs more share capital I may apply for people will not start blaming me for not registering company with more than 1 million share capital since I have one with 1 million share capital, I called somebody that works in a bank as front teller, he didn't know much about the difference before i went to my bank where my company Account is domiciled to enquire what is the difference between company with 1,000,000 share capital and company with above 1,000,000 and I asked for the person in charge of corporate accounts and I told him my reason for visiting, he said there is no difference but from the way he answered I knew he was not sure, I said look I have a corporate account with this bank but I want to register another for some contracts that I am expecting from a political office holder which I would not like to use my existing company to execute, he then I ask me like how much I am expecting and I said over ONE BILLION NAIRA, he said I should give him my corporate account number and when he checked my existing corporate account he said this account can take over ONE BILLION NAIRA, but I know my corporate account have not received more than 5,000,000 once before. Lastly, please what should I do to resolve this, the Agent said we should apply for refund from C.A.C and he wrote a letter which I signed for refund before lockdown and till now no news from C.A.C. Please house, I would be very glad if anyone can explain to me in a layman's language the difference between 1,000,000 share capital and anything above 1,000,000 share capital. I have searched the internet for the difference but I don't really understand all most the explanations given.
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 6:34am On May 20, 2020
Wole212@ Good morning sir, the agent is not a lawyer. Thank you sir
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by wole212(m): 6:53am On May 20, 2020
Good morning, pls kindly use the service of a trusted lawyer, they're in best position to give you detailed explanation about share capital and help you register such company. Feel free to ask them questions pertaining to business, seek their legal advice,trust me their services are top notch and quality which I believe is what you want your company to stand for.
AsabaPropertyAg:
Wole212@ Good morning sir, the agent is not a lawyer. Thank you sir
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by naijacutee(f): 7:28am On May 20, 2020

Share capital from my understanding is the amount of shares your company starts with.

I don't know if you understand Igbo, but capital is often referred to as isi ego. For example, you invest N5 000 to buy a car and you put that car up for sale. You know that you cannot sell the car for less than N5 000 because that is your capital or isi ego and you need to make a profit.

If you register a company with 1 000 000 share capital, that is the amount of shares you start with. This is not something you will use, unless in the future you want to raise money by floating the company on the stock market.

If you go on to raise money from the stock market, then you sell some of the 1 000 000 shares that you have in the company to investors.

There are implications to having a trust attached to your company name because it is not an empty word. A trust is not technically a company, but a legal entity set up (usually by banks) to manage the assets of an individual or even a company. Of course if someone needs to set up a legal body to manage their assets, then they have to have a lot of assets i.e be stupendously wealthy. That's why the requirements reflect that.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 10:25am On May 20, 2020
Naijacutee@ thanks for your contribution, I appreciate but I still need more comment.
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 2:15pm On May 20, 2020
More
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by naijacutee(f): 3:21pm On May 20, 2020
AsabaPropertyAg:
More

What are you not clear about? Perhaps someone else can clarify.
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by killfear(m): 4:00pm On May 20, 2020
I will advice you to learn the need of using professionals in every field you embark on. I am a lawyer and there are others lawyers too who can get all these sorted out for you with ease. It is what we were trained on and what we do everyday.

On the difference between 1,000,000 share capital and more share capital. Please note that share capital represents the money's worth of your company divided into units known as shares. A company with 1,000,000 share capital is therefore a smaller company to the one with 2,000,000 share capital.

In practice, the monetary size of the contract you can bid for or will be granted may be determined by your company's share capital. No establishment will give a company a contract which sum is greater than the total worth of the company.

So a small company of 1,000,000 will most likely not be granted a contract or a loan of 10,000,000,000 naira.

You can dm me for further explanation. Check my profile.

1 Like

Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 9:01pm On May 20, 2020
Killfear @ Thank you very much for your explanation , I appreciate.
Re: (CAC) Company Name With "TRUST" Needs 300,000,000 Share Capital To Register. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 1:01am On May 21, 2020
Good morning Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints / FG Survival Fund For Msmes – Step By Step Registration Process / How Much Is A Bag Of Cement Currently Sold In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.