Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Whats Wrong With Superman - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Whats Wrong With Superman (1545 Views)

What's Wrong With DSTV? / What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? / Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Wrong With Superman by yoji: 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2011
It really hurts me to see how d superman franchise has struggled to keep pace wit other lesser known comic xters.
In d first era of comic book adaptations, it was seen as a major gamble as such only superman and batman were explored to reasonable success. And superman movies made a star out of d late reeves.
Then came the second era which was ushered in by spiderman, all of a sudden hollywood plundered d comic book world due to spidey's succeess.
Batman was rebooted and has now given us d best ever adaptation with d release of dark knight. Even d lesser known ironman movie is rated only second to darknight.
X-men which was a harder project due to its numerous xters still managed to pull it off superbly and even spun off successfull sequels.
While d first hulk movie dissapointed, d sequel went a long way in rectifying it.
So now bak to my question, wats wrong wit superman? I was so excited to when superman returns was released but was dissapointed wen I saw it. Now superman has now turned into a risk that movie makers don't know how to handle.
Superman returns in my opinion was averagely successful simply due to its devout fanbase. D only thin they got right was casting brandon routh. He was perfect for d role and I hope they retain him for any further sequel or reboot. Aprt from dat , d movie was uninspiring.
Superman is d biggest superhero out there, so wat is wrong?
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by Vieira(m): 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2011
I think Routh needs to be replaced as well.
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by WackyJ1(m): 3:10am On Jan 17, 2011
DC should crawl on their knees and beg marvel to make a superman movie for them cos from your post. The score is Marvel 3 DC 1
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by iice(f): 11:00am On Jan 17, 2011
Yes change Routh as well.
He looks the part and all that. But a reboot requires a change.
Everything! And please no tepid actresses. That Bosworth girl is as exciting as watching paint dry.

Whilst i don't like Superman cheesy I love superheroes/comics, so i still will watch it.
I can totally feel where you're coming from.
I thought the villain in the 2nd hulk fitted superman. He kinda reminded me of Doomsday.
We need someone to match the superman.

BTW since Snyder is doing the reboot, i suppose it has promise since he's very visual.
A simple solid story should be ok to begin with.
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by vescucci(m): 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2011
Superman is too powerful for his own good. He's like a cheat superhero. I've not bothered with the new films even. Plus there's the feeling that we know all that is possible to know about him thru all the cartoons, series and movies. There's just little way to be surprised. Also, his briefs attract to much attention. The double identity thing is ridiculous. I wear glasses. If I put on a halloween custome and lose the glasses, people would still know it was me. So?
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by WackyJ1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2011
vescucci:

The double identity thing is ridiculous. I wear glasses. If I put on a halloween custome and lose the glasses, people would still know it was me. So?
At least i know if i wear glasses to rob a bank, once i leave the bank and take them off no one will recognise me. cheesy
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by iice(f): 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2011
Rofl vesc grin grin
You know plenty love him and will not get tired of seeing him over and over.
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by yoji: 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2011
I,m tempted to think lex luthor isn't quite working on screen as a villain but it did in d reeves version so wat is wrong. Mayb a more physically challenging villain wud make more sense as someone mentioned armegeddon
Kate boswort was dead as lois lane. Jus terrible casting. She had no screen presence an was so fucking tiny.
Heard d snyder is workin on d next project. That's promisin
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by yoji: 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2011
I,m tempted to think lex luthor isn't quite working on screen as a villain but it did in d reeves version so wat is wrong. Mayb a more physically challenging villain wud make more sense as someone mentioned armegeddon
Kate boswort was dead as lois lane. Jus terrible casting. She had no screen presence an was so fucking tiny.
Heard d snyder is workin on d next project. That's promisin
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by pkasso(m): 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Poster I don't get your point .Superman from the comics or movies ?
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by frgy1: 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
For me the silliest part of Superman Returns is the revelation of the super kid . Mshwwww
So what should we expect in a sequel ? A father son crime fighting tag team ? BS
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by shotster50(m): 3:37am On Jan 19, 2011
They should let Superman out of the closet, it is so obvious lol.

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by yoji: 5:14am On Jan 19, 2011
@ p_kasso
I'm refering to the movie

@ fryg
I even almost forgot d son debacle. It was jus a disaster to do dat. So all lois lane's guy was doin was baby sitting for superman! Kai!
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by Vieira(m): 7:57am On Jan 19, 2011
The kid part was one of the most disgraceful things to do to Superman.

Superman is the Original boy Scout, the American corn fed kid and Bryan Singer turns him into an absentee baby father with stalking tendencies!
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by yoji: 8:11am On Jan 19, 2011
@ viera
Llloooolllll, Absentee father wit stalking tendencies, lmao
U need to be restrained.
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by pkasso(m): 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2011
Nothing !!
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by iice(f): 5:04am On Jan 31, 2011
I've been saying the Brits are taking over cheesy
Well they got the cleft chin down

British actor Henry Cavill is going up, up and away.

Cavill will star as Superman (and, obviously, Clark Kent) in the next installment of the movie franchise. Warner Bros. Pictures announced the casting Sunday.

The film is to be directed by "300" director Zack Snyder, who says in a statement Cavill is "the perfect choice to don the cape and `S' shield."

No title has been announced for the film, which is intended to reboot the franchise after its latest incarnation fizzled. The 2006 movie "Superman Returns" was directed by Bryan Singer and starred Brandon Routh as the Man of Steel.

Cavill is relatively unknown. He had been considered for the blockbuster roles of Batman, James Bond and even the previous version of Superman. He co-starred on Showtime's "The Tudors."

Warner Bros. is targeting December 2012 for release.
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/british-actor-henry-cavill-cast-superman-ap

Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by WackyJ1(m): 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2011
I'm bored with superman and i think brandon routh was the better choice
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by yoji: 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2011
Men fingers crossed cos I think I prefer brandon routh. I will never forgiver singer for messing up.
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by WackyJ1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2011
yoji:

I will never forgiver singer for messing up.
I know what you mean, Look at his crime
Vieira:

Bryan Singer turns him into an absentee baby father with stalking tendencies!
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by zibby(m): 12:15am On Feb 02, 2011
I just saw this today, about the choice of Henry Cavill. I too was hoping Brandon Routh would return. Ah well, I didn't mind Superman Returns too much, though I thought there was far too much written in as a homage to Superman I & II (with Christopher Reeves). I thought Spacey did well as Lex, and even the son thing didn't phase me too much. I guess I'm a core Superman movie fan. (I don't do comics).

Bring on the next one,
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by maclatunji: 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2011
The superman story line is just untenable in the modern day. People love a superhero that will get a thorough beating only to find a way to overcome his adversary perhaps with a stroke of luck. The Kryptonite angle is just too lame. I forecast a continuing downward spiral for Superman. Peter Parker/Spiderman is loveable because he is just so weak without the powers. The super-powers just make him a wee bit more special than the average man, not so for the boy in blue 'man of steel'.
Re: Whats Wrong With Superman by JeSoul(f): 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2011
While Routh was a little flat, I don't think he was really the problem.

They turned the Superman franchise into a dam mushy-wushy love story. It was the focus of the movie instead of the action, the duel with Luthor. Nothing memorable about the villian - which is what is supposed to drive a "super-hero" themed movie.

(1) (Reply)

Describe Your Ex Using Movie Titles / See The New Expendables 3 Movie Poster Featuring Obasanjo, Babangida & Buhari / Best Male/ Female Newscasters/ Presenters On Nigerian TV (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.