Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians (61820 Views)

It Takes A Month To Treat A Coronavirus Patient - Osagie Ehanire / Coronavirus Can Be Sexually Transmitted - Osagie Ehanire, Health Minister / Coronavirus: Leg Shake By Osagie Ehanire And Ayobami Akin - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by dre11(m): 8:30pm On May 19, 2020
The Federal Government has told Nigerians to prepare for the worst in the COVID-19 battle.

It however said it was doing everything within its powers to curtail spread of the virus.

Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, stated this on Tuesday during the briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.

He urged health workers and Nigerians to do their best to learn more about pandemic.

Enihare said: “It is of great importance that we – members of the health sector and citizens, endeavour to use this period to dedicate efforts to strive for the best, but also prepare for the worst.

“As we learn more about coronavirus every day, we must be ready to adjust our strategy, based on knowledge and evidence.

“To continue strengthening response in States, the Federal Ministry of Health and Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) are assessing isolation centers all over the country, recently in Yenagoa and Oshogbo.

“We also continue providing diagnostic commodities and facilities in collaboration with partners.

Director-General of the NCDC, Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, said: “We are not doing community testing everywhere. In certain states like Lagos, Kano, and even in the FCT, we are taking the test a lot closer to the community because of the intensity of transmission in those states.

“In those states, the states are identifying hotspot areas and based on these identifications, intensifying testing in those communities.

“We haven’t gotten to the stage of drawing community testing across the country. We are doing targeted hotspot areas identified by states.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-to-nigerians-prepare-for-the-worst-on-covid-19/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Righteousness89(m): 8:32pm On May 19, 2020
The Worst that can happen is to Lockdown Again..

I Advice you guys to take that off!

Lockdown will Cause Greater Calamities..

Let's go with the Lepers option!

Let's Move Forward!

Open up the Country..

309 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Aplaudez(m): 8:32pm On May 19, 2020
We're at the worst already!
It's nothing new!

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by BlackSpanner: 8:37pm On May 19, 2020
Simply put:

Prepare as we unfold more conduit pipes for looting.

Prepare for more borrowing from international financial bodies.

Prepare for more pick twos (Lockdown) with no palliative.

* I heard they are planning to decontaminate the entire country (more looting ideas loading). The minister for environment actually made this comment today.

212 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Makavelli25: 8:40pm On May 19, 2020
Earn up to 5k daily Check link in my signature

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by TransflectTP(m): 8:43pm On May 19, 2020
What can be worst than the present crop of people in government positions?

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:45pm On May 19, 2020
scammers

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by helinues: 8:45pm On May 19, 2020
Hmmm

And what measures are they ( FG) taking?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by psucc(m): 8:50pm On May 19, 2020
Somebody once said that no part of hell fire will be as severe as Nigeria's present economy.

I don't know if any condition can be "worst" than the present day Nigeria.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Help4anthony: 9:23pm On May 19, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by 9jvirgin(m): 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
Most times I wonder if these people are normal, soldiers flogging people, a stupid governor demolishing people's property, all the billions donated by Dangote, Otedola and co thoroughly looted and yet you are telling the people to prepare for the worst.

I disagree with Nnamdi Kanu but quite agree with him on the "Zoo" theory.

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Dadaboy: 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Worst that can happen is to Lockdown...
I Advice you guys to take that off!

Lockdown will Cause Greater Calamities..

Let's go with the Lepers option!

Let's Move Forward!

Open up the Country..
This is exactly as you write about religious rubbish up and down on Nairaland with so much zombies liking your ignorant delusions.

A man who refuses to consider not just his health and wellness first or that of others because of his selfish desires is dangerous.

People like you do not think or analyze carefully before you make conclusions.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by starbuck(f): 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
What is worst than what you people have been dishing out to us undecided undecided

O nweghị ihe anya hụrụ gba mee ọzọ..

We will survive it

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Slawormir: 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
We ain't scared of shit

Last las we all go dey alright

There is always fire and light at the extreme end of our joint (weed)

Oh! Sorry! I mean
There is always light at the end of the tunnel

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by edo3(m): 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
Na lie,, no any worst.. Bastard still wan cash out

11 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by GeneralPula: 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by kalvoken(m): 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
They should spare us the bull crap. You can't scare us the more with your words. We know how glad you guys are as the Pandemic has kept people busy from asking questions about your governance.

What will be worst to any Nigerian born again in this life time.
Unless he's referring to his looting cronies. Because we the ordinary citizens have grown a thick skin to worst life.

23 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by oka4ugoo: 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
R

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Jack500: 9:25pm On May 19, 2020
This foolish minister should just shut up, what can be worse than what we are already in now, no testing in kogi yet no one is falling and die.

Corona virus won't gain hold here, u fools should open up the economy.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by kalvoken(m): 9:25pm On May 19, 2020
We have always had it Worst in this country, you guys at the top made it so.

So, the strange thing to happen here is a better life. Worst has been a way of life in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 19, 2020
Stop spreading fear, reopen the country
No need for a useless lockdown
undecided

11 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by paulolee(m): 9:25pm On May 19, 2020
bad....prophet of doom....no matter how bad u guys n W.H.O wana mk this pandemic looks we all know it can neva get to that stage of the European countries that we do see on t.v dt the dead bodies were pilling up being moved around in buses and mass burials were the other of the day....Africans n Nigerians are stronger than such kinda situation, especially Nigerians this pandemic gat notin on us n las las we go win n tinz go better

22 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by supereagle(m): 9:25pm On May 19, 2020
Shame of a nation.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by dj5naira(m): 9:25pm On May 19, 2020
They are?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Oshkosch: 9:26pm On May 19, 2020
Nigerians are already prepared for the worst but however all those donated funds should also be used to prepare for the worst instead of being stacked in a Covid vault at CBN.
From day one I knew This government can’t contain the spread of this virus, NCDC is overwhelmed I feel for them while the main looters continue to look the government from home.

Donald Trump please come and carry me to America.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by LegalOpinion: 9:26pm On May 19, 2020
I just wish uncle coro will permanently stay and be roaming about in Aso rock.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Yenefer(f): 9:26pm On May 19, 2020
It might be a blessing in disguise.

My people in Katsina are suffering from bandits

Kano hunger

Borno Boko Haram

Revolution Might be a good outcome

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by Aderupoko2: 9:26pm On May 19, 2020
Back to sender

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians by StrikeBack(m): 9:26pm On May 19, 2020
lipsrsealed

All this I better pass my neighbor leaders we have ehn

Disgrace to their profession

Especially that fake pastor osibanjo(mannequin)

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Shares Photos Of Physical Transformation His Friend Experienced In Pregnancy / Nigerian Man High On Drugs Walks With His Head On The Ground (Photos, Video) / 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.