Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,283 members, 7,846,291 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step (1462 Views)

Ever Lost Someone You Love To Hard Drugs? / Why Are Weeds And Other Hard Drugs Illegal While Cigarette Remains Legal? / Hard Drugs Affect Man Who Couldn't Get A Job In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Arobagger: 4:45am On May 20, 2020
i woke up this morning with the stronge determination to stop all my bad vices in order to become a better person. But right now i want to start from quiting drug abuse first, if u reading this or some one u know is a substance abuser talk to them if they are willing to stop then come in let's end it together, those interested pls indicate by comenting the type of drug and how long u have been Abusing it, we will start later by the day. if u are not ready to quit pls let other's do. This is a faceless forum so no need to be ashamed. I will be reading ur comments before the start time before i forget the substance am abusing is Tramadol (cold turkey), I'm with you all the way.
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Kobojunkie: 5:28am On May 20, 2020
May I ask you questions about why you started abusing this particular drug to begin with? Why opiods? Why did you start -- was there actual pain? Is the pain now gone(assuming it was there to begin with)? Why benefits did this drug provide you? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Nobody: 5:34am On May 20, 2020
Someone still thinks the internet is anonymous. Hehehehe

4 Likes

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by hayoholla(m): 6:31am On May 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
May I ask you questions about why you started abusing this particular drug to begin with? Why opiods? Why did you start -- was there actual pain? Is the pain now gone(assuming it was there to begin with)? Why benefits did this drug provide you? undecided undecided undecided

Can't you let him quit in peace undecided before you start accusing him. He made an honest decision to be a better person, let allow for him room for a sober reflection and proper recourse than for us to play the jury.

3 Likes

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Rafoski: 7:32am On May 20, 2020
Although I'm not a user but I'm here to support.
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Darato: 8:08am On May 20, 2020
The book Atonement is one book you should add to your book list. There’s a section in this book that talks about drug addiction and bad vices...
Contact me for resume writing, cover letter, LinkedIn optimization, read my signature and call me NOW
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Ezkid(m): 8:35am On May 20, 2020
Quitting Tramadol cold turkey isn't a child play bro, I was addicted to that scum for good 4 years and I paid the price in full, I tried to stop multiple times but couldn't, always ended up relapsing.
I was on 300mg everyday, 100 in the morning, afternoon and night for four years straight, I was so depressed and my whole life basically revolved around this monster, I became withdrawn from the society, nobody knew what was wrong with me and I lost interest in virtually everything that used to give me joy. I tried cutting the dose but the withdrawal symptoms is nothing like the random sickness everyone is experiencing once in a while, tramadol withdrawal symptoms is hellish, you'll be sick to the bones and death would seem like the only way out.
I even contemplated suicide by trying to ODs on it but I changed my mind at the last minute, I couldnt think of any other thing except how to get the next fix, food no longer tastes sweet and I'll always walked around with a sachet of this devil seed just to ease the pain when it comes.

And for those people saying what led you to drugs bla bla , I can tell you categorically that whatever leads people to eat when they're hungry is the same thing that'd lead you to drugs once u swallow the first dose, it's plain psychological and you'll need a great level of will power to be able to endure the pain of withdrawal when you know the solution to your pain is just another pill.

6 Likes

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Kobojunkie: 8:51am On May 20, 2020
hayoholla:

Can't you let him quit in peace undecided before you start accusing him. He made an honest decision to be a better person, let allow for him room for a sober reflection and proper recourse than for us to play the jury.
Are you high? What have I accused him of? undecided undecided
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Kobojunkie: 8:54am On May 20, 2020
Ezkid:
Quitting Tramadol cold turkey isn't a child play bro, I was addicted to that scum for good 4 years and I paid the price in full, I tried to stop multiple times but couldn't, always ended up relapsing.
I was on 300mg everyday, 100 in the morning, afternoon and night for four years straight, I was so depressed and my whole life basically revolved around this monster, I became withdrawn from the society, nobody knew what was wrong with me and I lost interest in virtually everything that used to give me joy.
Are you saying you got depressed as a result of your being hooked on tramadol? If yes, What lead you to taking the tramadol in the first place? Where you in pain? What was going on to make you pop that first pill, and why did you keep doing it?
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by hayoholla(m): 11:13am On May 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Are you high? What have I accused him of? undecided undecided

Asking him, of what benefit is the drug to him is not really necessary. It carries a weight of criticism. He's already gone through that stage. Don't draw him back. What he need is help of coming out through and clean

2 Likes

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Arobagger: 12:03pm On May 20, 2020
thanks to all that has commented, if you are ready let start, the method we will be using is reducing ur regular dosage little by little why because that will reduce the withdrawal symtoms, like me i take 500mg per day so i will be reducing it to 400mg. So 10mg is what we will be taken away each day. But buy ibuprofen or any pain reliever without opoid, to help reduce the slit pains u may feel, when ur body temperature get high baff wit warm water, pls try to comment any changes in ur body u notice, pls dont try to stop it at once oo as the out come will be brutal, may we have a smile at the end of this.

3 Likes

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Greatzeus(m): 1:18pm On May 20, 2020
Arobagger:
i woke up this morning with the stronge determination to stop all my bad vices in order to become a better person. But right now i want to start from quiting drug abuse first, if u reading this or some one u know is a substance abuser talk to them if they are willing to stop then come in let's end it together, those interested pls indicate by comenting the type of drug and how long u have been Abusing it, we will start later by the day. if u are not ready to quit pls let other's do. This is a faceless forum so no need to be ashamed. I will be reading ur comments before the start time before i forget the substance am abusing is Tramadol (cold turkey), I'm with you all the way.
I am very happy to read this. I pray God gives you the strength and determination to carry on and see it through to the end.

2 Likes

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by FOLLYVENTURES: 2:38pm On May 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Are you saying you got depressed as a result of your being hooked on tramadol? If yes, What lead you to taking the tramadol in the first place? Where you in pain? What was going on to make you pop that first pill, and why did you keep doing it?

Fuckoff. You sound like a cop with these dumbass question. Tf are u a journalist? Go to hell with these dumbass pussy questions. angry

2 Likes

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Healthyway15: 3:44pm On May 20, 2020
Rafoski:
Although I'm not a user but I'm here to support.

Seconded... To also be of help too

1 Like

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On May 20, 2020
hayoholla:

Asking him, of what benefit is the drug to him is not really necessary. It carries a weight of criticism. He's already gone through that stage. Don't draw him back. What he need is help of coming out through and clean
It is necesary given I am have my reasons for asking the questions that I do. He's already gone through what stage? You draw a person back to a stage you supposed he has already gone through by asking him questions? Are you sure you can read his mind there?
If you feel yourself his saviour, go ahead and do just that. Leave me to asking the questions I have.
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Arobagger: 8:15pm On May 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

It is necesary given I am have my reasons for asking the questions that I do. He's already gone through what stage? You draw a person back to a stage you supposed he has already gone through by asking him questions? Are you sure you can read his mind there?
If you feel yourself his saviour, go ahead and do just that. Leave me to asking the questions I have.
pls no beefing each oda on dis thread if u must have problem with any one that person shud be me, i need all the help i can get from u guyz pls thank you, now i will tell u how it started. It was when i was in boarding skul, i was having no food remaining so i went to a friend to see if i can get some, he said he had noting to give me but gave me an option that they is a drug he will give me that if i eat in the morning and take will not feel hungry till evening, he broke a tablet of 200mg into two and gave me to take which i did, it worked as he said, but the next morning i vomited wich i told him. He laugh ed and told is because am new to the drug that y with time i will get used to it. Since my mom could not aford to send me food regularly i began to see the drug as a savior, till i Decover i could no longer sleep without the drug. He starter collecting money from Me to gettin it for me, that is how after takin a particular Dose for long it no longer work for me then i will increase it and they is this type sweet confidenice i get from it because am a very shy person. That how it started. The update right now is am feeling Feverish and all so having restless legs, but i will overcome
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by HarunaWest(m): 9:49pm On May 20, 2020
Arobagger:
cultists dont quit drugs. So dont waste your time dude.
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Arobagger: 1:48pm On May 21, 2020
i neva slept through out last night, some one told me about a drug methadone that it subdue the addiction of opiod. Pls help me if u know anytin about it pls

1 Like

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Kobojunkie: 1:23am On May 22, 2020
Arobagger:
pls no beefing each oda on dis thread if u must have problem with any one that person shud be me, i need all the help i can get from u guyz pls thank you, now i will tell u how it started. It was when i was in boarding skul, i was having no food remaining so i went to a friend to see if i can get some, he said he had noting to give me but gave me an option that they is a drug he will give me that if i eat in the morning and take will not feel hungry till evening, he broke a tablet of 200mg into two and gave me to take which i did, it worked as he said, but the next morning i vomited wich i told him. He laugh ed and told is because am new to the drug that y with time i will get used to it. Since my mom could not aford to send me food regularly i began to see the drug as a savior, till i Decover i could no longer sleep without the drug. He starter collecting money from Me to gettin it for me, that is how after takin a particular Dose for long it no longer work for me then i will increase it and they is this type sweet confidenice i get from it because am a very shy person. That how it started. The update right now is am feeling Feverish and all so having restless legs, but i will overcome
So for you the benefit was reduced appetite, and a sort of stimulant effect, and my guess is you are an adult now, and probably your circumstances have changed? Is this confidence a sense of invisibility or feeling of being impervious in any way? What , if I may, is the major reason why you are ready now to call it quits on this dependence? Have you tried quitting before now? How much time have you allotted for carrying out this feat? Should you need medical help during this process, do you have a family member on speed dial who knows what to do in that case?

I know I have asked a lot of questions, so to be fair, here is a bit about my drug history. I take prescribed pain killers daily for pain and sleep aids in order to sleep at the end of each day. I also take various other drugs daily, two of them being stimulant medications -- I get my "confidence" from a bottle.
I have heard so much about opioid addicts, and have wondered if the media is being unfair to them.

1 Like

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Arobagger: 11:01am On May 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:

So for you the benefit was reduced appetite, and a sort of stimulant effect, and my guess is you are an adult now, and probably your circumstances have changed? Is this confidence a sense of invisibility or feeling of being impervious in any way? What , if I may, is the major reason why you are ready now to call it quits on this dependence? Have you tried quitting before now? How much time have you allotted for carrying out this feat? Should you need medical help during this process, do you have a family member on speed dial who knows what to do in that case?

I know I have asked a lot of questions, so to be fair, here is a bit about my drug history. I take prescribed pain killers daily for pain and sleep aids in order to sleep at the end of each day. I also take various other drugs daily, two of them being stimulant medications -- I get my "confidence" from a bottle.
I have heard so much about opioid addicts, and have wondered if the media is being unfair to them.
am an adult now and my confidence is intact, i have try many times to stop but the stress, pains make me run back to it
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 22, 2020
Arobagger:
am an adult now and my confidence is intact, i have try many times to stop but the stress, pains make me run back to it

I think there are two ways to overcome this, there are certainly addiction groups that many form for this reason. It does record some success and it's based on accountability. These groups keep tabs and make other people accountable to each other, an anonymous forum won't be sufficient in the long run on this path is what am saying. Maybe you are yet to come to grasp with the reality of the full implications and so some more drastic solutions are still not on the table yet. The willingness to go as far as possible and for as long as possible is how your solution would come forth, nothing more nothing less. If you are not there yet then go there and do not toy with half measured efforts because you can easily prime your mind to believe that this addiction can't be overcome over time with trial and failure.

Personally i will advice you to seek God and turn all to Him, addictions and all. I am not saying seek human help of any kind, go to your knees in prayer and live your life in accordance with His word. He is yet to turn anyone away those who diligently seek him.

1 Like

Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Uyi168: 1:34pm On May 22, 2020
Arobagger:
i neva slept through out last night, some one told me about a drug methadone that it subdue the addiction of opiod. Pls help me if u know anytin about it pls
Yeah, methadone can be used for opiod maintenance therapy in opiod dependence...
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Arobagger: 3:13pm On May 22, 2020
Uyi168:
Yeah, methadone can be used for opiod maintenance therapy in opiod dependence...
do u how much it is sold pls
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Arobagger: 3:16pm On May 22, 2020
Dignity5:

I think there are two ways to overcome this, there are certainly addiction groups that many form for this reason. It does record some success and it's based on accountability. These groups keep tabs and make other people accountable to each other, an anonymous forum won't be sufficient in the long run on this path is what am saying. Maybe you are yet to come to grasp with the reality of the full implications and so some more drastic solutions are still not on the table yet. The willingness to go as far as possible and for as long as possible is how your solution would come forth, nothing more nothing less. If you are not there yet then go there and do not toy with half measured efforts because you can easily prime your mind to believe that this addiction can't be overcome over time with trial and failure.

Personally i will advice you to seek God and turn all to Him, addictions and all. I am not saying seek human help of any kind, go to your knees in prayer and live your life in accordance with His word. He is yet to turn anyone away those who diligently seek him.

tanks bro
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 22, 2020
Arobagger:

I was lucky enough to quit womanizing that I started as early as 15 years old, as well as TRAMADOL but I haven't won the fight against smoking which I've been doing before puberty.. I smoke weed and cigarette more than I think of eating.
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Uyi168: 3:27pm On May 22, 2020
Arobagger:
do u how much it is sold pls
Truth is, I don't know how easy is it to get the drugs... And I have no idea the cost...
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Arobagger: 11:44am On May 29, 2020
hip hip hip hurry, hi guys am finally free, thanks guys am so happy even thou i lost my job during the struggle because i could not go to work because of the pains, suffering in the withdrawal symtoms. Once again i love u all
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On May 29, 2020
Arobagger:
And you are sure you can do this without some guidance and counseling support? undecided

Arobagger:
hip hip hip hurry, hi guys am finally free, thanks guys am so happy even thou i lost my job during the struggle because i could not go to work because of the pains, suffering in the withdrawal symtoms. Once again i love u all
Free after only what? 9 days?
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by Arobagger: 11:45am On May 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
And you are sure you can do this without some guidance and counseling support? undecided

Free after only what? 9 days?
the urge for the drug is gone and i now sleep at nite
Re: If U Wish To Quit Hard Drugs Let's Quit Together, Step By Step by TheSourcerer: 9:07am On Jun 17, 2020
Ezkid:
I was on 300mg everyday, 100 in the morning, afternoon and night for four years straight, I was so depressed and my whole life basically revolved around this monster, I became withdrawn from the society, nobody knew what was wrong with me and I lost interest in virtually everything that used to give me joy. I tried cutting the dose but the withdrawal symptoms is nothing like the random sickness everyone is experiencing once in a while, tramadol withdrawal symptoms is hellish, you'll be sick to the bones and death would seem like the only way out.
I even contemplated suicide by trying to ODs on it but I changed my mind at the last minute, I couldnt think of any other thing except how to get the next fix, food no longer tastes sweet and I'll always walked around with a sachet of this devil seed just to ease the pain when it comes.

And for those people saying what led you to drugs bla bla , I can tell you categorically that whatever leads people to eat when they're hungry is the same thing that'd lead you to drugs once u swallow the first dose, it's plain psychological and you'll need a great level of will power to be able to endure the pain of withdrawal when you know the solution to your pain is just another pill.

same aferer two Ods I quit entirely , everything you said about vthe drug is true ivoity those people who just started or at the point of dependence, mehn cold turkey is a modafucker but it can be done lol I've even forgotten I was once addicted to trams too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Negative Effects Of Taking Paracetamol - A Must Know / 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight / Smoking Has Nutritional Value( Please Read Before Prosecuting Me)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.