Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,156 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances (1267 Views)

Car Washer Wrecks His Client’s Car After Driving It To Buy Food (Video) / Driver Gets Ticket Dismissed After Driving On Autopilot With Feet Out Of Window / See How Much Water Is Trapped In Your Car After Driving Through Flooded Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by johnny2013(m): 12:28pm On May 20, 2020
Please I need your advice on what to do to avoid this pain am getting everytime I drive. It will be so severe that I could hardly walk straight.
I drove a Honda civic for six years before being disposed of but never felt this pain once all through the 6 years. It all started after I bought another car and noticed the pain gradually started and up till now, I only get relieved when I stop driving for days and I was told it is the car seat causing me the pain. Please has anyone experienced this?
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by BigTableShaker(f): 12:29pm On May 20, 2020
What kinda car do you drive?!
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by Greatzeus(m): 1:42pm On May 20, 2020
BigTableShaker:
Probably Dangote Truck grin

1 Like

Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by BigTableShaker(f): 1:48pm On May 20, 2020
Greatzeus:
Probably Dangote Truck grin
heheheh

1 Like

Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by homeboy205: 1:48pm On May 20, 2020
johnny2013:
Please I need your advice on what to do to avoid this pain am getting everytime I drive. It will be so severe that I could hardly walk straight.
I drove a Honda civic for six years before being disposed of but never felt this pain once all through the 6 years. It all started after I bought another car and noticed the pain gradually started and up till now, I only get relieved when I stop driving for days and I was told it is the car seat causing me the pain. Please has anyone experienced this?

You have to make sure the seat is set ok for conveniences
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 20, 2020
Try adjusting your seat to be comfortable enough for you. If it doesn't work try changing the seat completely...
If your old car had a soft seat change to a soft one. But if it had a hard seat, change too
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by johnny2013(m): 2:05pm On May 20, 2020
BigTableShaker:
Honda accord 2003
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by johnny2013(m): 2:06pm On May 20, 2020
Jezking:
Try adjusting your seat to be comfortable enough for you. If it doesn't work try changing the seat completely...
If your old car had a soft seat change to a soft one. But if it had a hard seat, change too
Ok. Thank you a lot

1 Like

Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by Oscanp(m): 6:23pm On May 20, 2020
Do well to visit a physiotherapist if the pain persist
It shows that some thing is wrong some in ur body that maid u to feel the pain
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by promotervickky(m): 7:30pm On May 20, 2020
See a doctor, what type of Job do you do?
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by NaijadrivaCars: 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
adjust the drivers seat for your maximum comfort.

Na there Mercedes Benz and other premium brands or luxury models get upper hand. Their seats are made with orthopedic benefits.
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by Conductor261: 8:09pm On May 20, 2020
johnny2013:

Honda accord 2003
Did you twist your ankles in the past on the particular leg of concern?
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by Conductor261: 8:10pm On May 20, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Na there Mercedes Benz and other premium brands or luxury models get upper hand. Their seats are made with orthopedic benefits.

Two hours like two minutes

Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 20, 2020
johnny2013:

Adjust the seat as far back as you can. Seems to have worked for me.
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by johnny2013(m): 8:56pm On May 20, 2020
[quote author=NaijadrivaCars post=89772639]adjust the drivers seat for your maximum comfort.

Ok. Will try that. Thank you sir
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by johnny2013(m): 8:57pm On May 20, 2020
rationalmind:

Adjust the seat as far back as you can. Seemed to have worked for me.
Alright thank you
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by ivoryhouse(m): 5:53am On May 21, 2020
johnny2013:

Honda accord 2003
I'm rather taken aback thought you'd say '03/05 Corolla. It's your car seats that are causing the pains as they're not supporting as they're supposed to.
I met a guy at a carwash who was washing his ford focus, 2010.he said he just sold his 2008 Corolla. When I enquired as to his reason, he said he had a lot of back ache whenever he drove the Corolla. When he got the ford focus, he noticed that he didn't have pains, even when he sits in traffic for hours, as compared to the Corolla. So he sold the Corolla and kept the Ford
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by KINGreignn: 9:09am On May 21, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Stop these unnecessary hyping Biko. As far as modern cars design goes by especially from big manufacturers, occupants ergonomics is very highly considered.

2 Likes

Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by chuka5000(m): 3:01pm On May 21, 2020
Honda accord 03 have very comfortable seats I think u should adjust the seat to suit ur body form and also try add exercise to ur daily menu. it'll work

2 Likes

Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by NaijadrivaCars: 3:20pm On May 21, 2020
KINGreignn:

Stop these unnecessary hyping Biko. As far as modern cars design goes by especially from big manufacturers, occupants ergonomics is very highly considered.

me kop cheesy
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by kitsall123: 10:30pm On May 21, 2020
Sir.

Firstly do a proper medical check up.
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by johnny2013(m): 7:23am On May 22, 2020
ivoryhouse:

I'm rather taken aback thought you'd say '03/05 Corolla. It's your car seats that are causing the pains as they're not supporting as they're supposed to.
I met a guy at a carwash who was washing his ford focus, 2010.he said he just sold his 2008 Corolla. When I enquired as to his reason, he said he had a lot of back ache whenever he drove the Corolla. When he got the ford focus, he noticed that he didn't have pains, even when he sits in traffic for hours, as compared to the Corolla. So he sold the Corolla and kept the Ford

Wow.! That's surprising to me. I drove a civic for 6 years like I mentioned earlier and even traveled to as far as Benue , Enugu and never even get tired so I believe you but is there no remedy to this? I actually noticed that the seats are harder and more firm but what surprises me is that other of my friends that have this same car never complained. Thank you anyways
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by dicksonadams(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2020
johnny2013:

Wow.! That's surprising to me. I drove a civic for 6 years like I mentioned earlier and even traveled to as far as Benue , Enugu and never even get tired so I believe you but is there no remedy to this? I actually noticed that the seats are harder and more firm but what surprises me is that other of my friends that have this same car never complained. Thank you anyways

I think It is good to seat in a car you wish to buy and get the feel of the seating comfort before buying.

I have a civic and a Pontiac... The Civic is very comfortable to seat in, while the Pontiac is a back pain literally

1 Like

Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by johnny2013(m): 2:40pm On May 22, 2020
Jezking:
Is it possible to an EOD seat to a different brand or model seat?
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by adubam(m): 5:29pm On May 22, 2020
Your height matters a lot. Short guys don't experience much pain with seats. The car seat may not be convenient for you.
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by ivoryhouse(m): 6:37pm On May 22, 2020
johnny2013:

One of my friends had to stop driving her '08 corolla due to the back ache. Her husband got her another car, and a driver. Your only solution is to get another car. Spending money swapping a better seat into the corolla may work, if the car means that much to you
Re: Back,waist And Thigh Pains After Driving Short Distances by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 22, 2020
johnny2013:

Is it possible to an EOD seat to a different brand or model seat?

I don't know what you mean by EOD? End of Discussion?
And if you're asking if its possible to change your seat, yes it is but only for cars from the same country. Japanese seats can be interchanged, same for some german cars. But you can also change the foam inside the seat and do seats adjustments with mechanics that do that...

(1) (Reply)

Audi A4 V6 Mechanic (engineer) Needed In In Abuja / ... / Pls How Much Is Lagos Plate Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.