Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year (1257 Views)

How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You / How To Know When An Agent Is Lying / Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by success9000: 9:56pm On May 20, 2020
I'm very confused right now.  my rent expired this month after I renewed my rent. My house  Agent told me that I will pay her 5% for agent fee. I asked her why should I  be paying her 5% every year she said that's how agent work.

Because I  have paid her for agent fee before I moved into the apartment last year.so why should I  be paying her 5% every year.

I want to know if it's right for my house agent to demand 5% equivalent to my house rent every year?
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by Macphenson: 9:58pm On May 20, 2020
She has simply seen that you are a "MAGA". A woman at that, having the effontery and temerity to come and tell you such nonsense and such nonsense and scam to your face and you let it slide? Coming here to expose you naivity?

You are a disappointment to manhood.

7 Likes

Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by Stephenomozzy(m): 10:02pm On May 20, 2020
She wan scam you!

That's not how agency fees are made. Agent fee is a one off thing. Unless you and her have a written contract to that effect. Tell her you've asked around and they said that's not how it's done. if she pressures you too much (If she's not related to the landlord o) then talk to the landlord (I'm sure you've been at your best behaviour in the house) - your landlord will take sides with you and that will be the last you hear from Auntie 5% Billings.

1 Like

Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by success9000: 10:06pm On May 20, 2020
Macphenson:
She has simply seen that you are a "MAGA". A woman at that, having the effontery and temerity to come and tell you such nonsense and such nonsense and scam to your face and you let it slide? Coming here to expose you naivity?

You are a disappointment to manhood.

I'm very confused because this is the first time I hearing something like this.

1 Like

Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by success9000: 10:09pm On May 20, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
She wan scam you!

That's not how agency fees are made. Agent fee is a one off thing. Unless you and her have a written contract to that effect. Tell her you've asked around and they said that's not how it's done. if she pressures you too much (If she's not related to the landlord o) then talk to the landlord (I'm sure you've been at your best behaviour in the house) - your landlord will take sides with you and that will be the last you hear from Auntie 5% Billings.

She told me that more than 60 houses she rented out all the tenants pay her 5% equivalent to there house rent every year.

1 Like

Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by Stephenomozzy(m): 10:15pm On May 20, 2020
success9000:

She told me that more than 60 houses she rented out all the tenants pay her 5% equivalent to there house rent every year.

Did she tell you that you will be paying an annual 5% to her when you were paying for rent last year? Because is she told you and you agreed passively or not... You're legally bound to pay her. Agreement na agreement

2 Likes

Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by anthonyuncle(m): 10:19pm On May 20, 2020
she sees u as a fool.
next time she comes saying da same shit, blast her, warn her to stay off ur way else u will use da law against her.
don't go soft or easy on her

2 Likes

Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by Macphenson: 10:20pm On May 20, 2020
success9000:

I'm very confused because this is the first time I hearing something like this.

That's because you are the only person in the world that it has been told to.
Next time she tells you that nonsense warn her seriously not to ever try it again.
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by GamalNasser: 10:20pm On May 20, 2020
success9000:
I'm very confused right now.  my rent expired this month after I renewed my rent. My house  Agent told me that I will pay her 5% for agent fee. I asked her why should I  be paying her 5% every year she said that's how agent work.

Because I  have paid her for agent fee before I moved into the apartment last year.so why should I  be paying her 5% every year.

I want to know if it's right for my house agent to demand 5% equivalent to my house rent every year?

Give her a hot slap and reset her brain for looking at you like a fool
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by success9000: 10:24pm On May 20, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

Did she tell you that you will be paying an annual 5% to her when you were paying for rent last year? Because is she told you and you agreed passively or not... You're legally bound to pay her. Agreement na agreement

We don't have such an agreement that I will be paying her 5% annually. I asked why she no informed me about it she told me that I supposed to know that's how agent works so no need to remind me about it.
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by lalanice(f): 10:32pm On May 20, 2020
Hungry Agent.

The fact that you are confused about it explains why she had the audacity to tell you such BS

One came to tell my Ex he will pay her 40k after he has paid all their exorbitant bill.

And when I told him to tell her no, she said he shouldn't dare call her for any legal advice shocked and I was like...you are not even his lawyer, we don't even like you for starters. Who talks to a person they don't like?
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by dukeprince50: 10:34pm On May 20, 2020
success9000:

We don't have such an agreement that I will be paying her 5% annually. I asked why she no informed me about it she told me that I supposed to know that's how agent works so no need to remind me about it.
in lekki, people pay agents annually, I don't know for other parts
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by success9000: 11:05pm On May 20, 2020
anthonyuncle:
she sees u as a fool.

next time she comes saying da same shit,
blast her, warn her to stay off ur way else u will use da law against her.

don't go soft or easy on her

She is speaking with confidence like she is doing the right thing
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by success9000: 11:13pm On May 20, 2020
dukeprince50:
in lekki, people pay agents annually, I don't know for other parts

You mean that tenants in Lekki pay agents, annually. I thought once you pay agent once you don't have any business with the agent again.
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by success9000: 11:18pm On May 20, 2020
Hungry Agent.

The fact that you are confused about it explains why she had the audacity to tell you such BS

One came to tell my Ex he will pay her 40k after he has paid all their exorbitant bill.

And when I told him to tell her no, she said he shouldn't dare call her for any legal advice shocked and I was like...you are not even his lawyer, we don't even like you for starters. Who talks to a person they don't like?

[quote author=lalanice post=89778718][/quote]

I'm very confused because She is speaking with confidence like she is doing the right thing
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by success9000: 11:25pm On May 20, 2020
GamalNasser:

Give her a hot slap and reset her brain for looking at you like a fool

Lol
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by anthonyuncle(m): 7:13am On May 21, 2020
success9000:

She is speaking with confidence like she is doing the right thing

datz more reason y u should go hard on her about it
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by Kuyo: 10:04am On May 21, 2020
The lady is a crook

1 Like

Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by lawsmith8: 10:27am On May 21, 2020
I'm an Estate Agent. It's not right for her. She only wants to scam you. I have never heard of that before. No agent has the right to do such thing. She's hungry. Call me 08066749943 if she disturb you again. I'll talk senses into her brain
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by lawsmith8: 10:31am On May 21, 2020
success9000:

You mean that tenants in Lekki pay agents, annually. I thought once you pay agent once you don't have any business with the agent again.

Does that do it are armed robbers. It is only landlord that has the right to pay the Agent or lawyers incharge of his house every year with 5 or 10% depending on their agreement.
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by success9000: 10:30am On May 22, 2020
lawsmith8:

Does that do it are armed robbers. It is only landlord that has the right to pay the Agent or lawyers incharge of his house every year with 5 or 10% depending on their agreement.

Yes I have no business with her again
Re: My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year by success9000: 10:33am On May 22, 2020
lawsmith8:
I'm an Estate Agent. It's not right for her. She only wants to scam you. I have never heard of that before. No agent has the right to do such thing. She's hungry. Call me 08066749943 if she disturb you again. I'll talk senses into her brain

I have told her I will not pay any money to her I have no business with her again.

(1) (Reply)

You Need Home Beside A Beach, Welcome To BEACHFRONT ESTATE,ELEKO/IBEJU-LEKKI / Say Goodbye To Soakaway, Prevent Odour, Cockroaches, Snakes, Mosquitos And Flies / Urgent Sale!!! Open Box Original Airpod Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.