Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? (3090 Views)

Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? / How VW Lost The Rolls-Royce Brand To BMW 4 Yrs After Buying It For ₦200b / Lets Talk About The VW Golf 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by NaijadrivaCars: 2:30pm On May 21, 2020
PLs is 2015 volkswagen Polo good? It is a 1.6L FSI, with all the perks.

Good buy or not?

cc: greatstephenho, iKoksi, nurey, oluwaseunla

Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by anthonyuncle(m): 3:05pm On May 21, 2020
it's a good car.
da issue here is watz da price?
is it foreign or Nigerian used?
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by chuka5000(m): 3:06pm On May 21, 2020
are u still at the car dealer shop?

just tell him u wanna pea
then run as fast as u can and block his nmbr.
wahala.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by NaijadrivaCars: 3:16pm On May 21, 2020
chuka5000:
are u still at the car dealer shop?

just tell him u wanna pea

then run as fast as u can and block his nmbr.

wahala.com

The wahala is/are what and what?
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by NaijadrivaCars: 3:25pm On May 21, 2020
anthonyuncle:
it's a good car.

da issue here is watz da price?

is it foreign or Nigerian used?

Have you driven/owned it?
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by NaijadrivaCars: 10:59pm On May 22, 2020
Why all VW owners quiet over this post??
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by orahfrancis(m): 4:34am On May 23, 2020
I see its the European spec iy is very very good. U will not regret buying it, the engine is a simple engine. tho just know it has a very bad second hand value. If u don't plan to use it for long i advise u to leave it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by NaijadrivaCars: 12:57pm On May 23, 2020
orahfrancis:
I see its the European spec iy is very very good. U will not regret buying it, the engine is a simple engine. tho just know it has a very bad second hand value. If u don't plan to use it for long i advise u to leave it.

This one has 1.6L FSI but someone told me the MPI engine (below) is better. Verify pls.

Again, what about parts? I called a VW dealer and he said complete engine is 150k (engine + gearbox), half is about 110k.

I hear say e get electrical issue.

One thing baffles me, Julius Berger has some of this VW Polo in their fleet (though TDI - diesel).

Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by 9icetoo(m): 2:01pm On May 23, 2020
Depends.
Its German so...
I wouldn't touch it with a long pole.
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by 9icetoo(m): 2:05pm On May 23, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

This one has 1.6L FSI but someone told me the MPI engine (below) is better. Verify pls.

Again, what about parts? I called a VW dealer and he said complete engine is 150k (engine + gearbox), half is about 110k.

One thing baffles me, Julius Berger has some of this VW Polo in their fleet (though TDI - diesel).
Julius Berger has (Volkswagen) trained mechanics. They have parts of that car in stock in their warehouse.
They have the diagnostic machine and support from Volkswagen to fix those TDIs.
Volkswagen's electrical problem is a nightmare I wouldn't wish anyone.
Imagine a burnt out inner light affecting cooling fan operation. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by orahfrancis(m): 11:18am On May 24, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

The FSI engines are more improved than the one shown below. I will advise you to take the fsi the maintenance is very low. Just make sure u use the right oil and always have enough fuel.
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by NaijadrivaCars: 2:14pm On May 24, 2020
orahfrancis:

The FSI engines are more improved than the one shown below. I will advise you to take the fsi the maintenance is very low. Just make sure u use the right oil and always have enough fuel.

Thanks. What is with this electrical issue people talk about this car?

Again, any other info you might share more? Thanks

cc: massingale, siobh, yum01, akinloluwao
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by NaijadrivaCars: 4:05pm On May 26, 2020
uPDATE: We got contacts of 'good' Volkswagen mechanics to make enquiries about the said Polo. They all said it is good, provided it is the FSI engine.

Got an Electrician too (uses 'computer' scanner). HE said the same thing. Note. They are all in different locations.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by gambus007(m): 6:43am On May 27, 2020
I dont really know much about Volkswagen but i can tell you that they are reliable like other European cars. All those who have been saying it got electrical issues (yes and no),Do you know why? because most of dia parts are driven by wires and you dont need to mess up the electrical components by guess work. I know of this because i am Peugeot person(driven by wires). If you are the kind of person who takes car to road side mechanics please stay away from Volkswagen, Peugeot and dia likes...they dont obey guess work or abuse. If you like the car and ready to invest in small car scanner which does not cost much, i recommend you go for it however make research on the best engine(i dont knw about volk engines). You might face issue with locking problem which is common on high mileage Volkswagen and it is fixable..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by idpompe: 7:50pm On May 30, 2020
Between 1.4D engine,2002 307 Peugeot and 2006 X-line 1.6 of same 307,which is preferable. Asthetics is not considered.I looking for easy to manage electrical and mechanical,less complexity and cost of parts and fuel economy.Thanks in advance.Sorry for mentioning this in this thread.A post above mentioned Peugeot and I want to make a quick decision.Thanks.
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by NaijadrivaCars: 6:43am On Jun 01, 2020
gambus007:
I dont really know much about Volkswagen but i can tell you that they are reliable like other European cars. All those who have been saying it got electrical issues (yes and no),Do you know why? because most of dia parts are driven by wires and you dont need to mess up the electrical components by guess work. I know of this because i am Peugeot person(driven by wires). If you are the kind of person who takes car to road side mechanics please stay away from Volkswagen, Peugeot and dia likes...they dont obey guess work or abuse. If you like the car and ready to invest in small car scanner which does not cost much, i recommend you go for it however make research on the best engine(i dont knw about volk engines). You might face issue with locking problem which is common on high mileage Volkswagen and it is fixable..

Nice submission you made. Thanks. Kazeems hate 'wire' motor.

BTW, seller advertised the car as a 2015 VW Polo but a quick VIN check confirms that it is actually a 2013 model.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by NaijadrivaCars: 12:42am On Jun 02, 2020
greatstephenho see u

Modified: I saw your ad about an FSI engine on Ji-ji
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by greatstephenho(m): 9:10am On Jun 02, 2020
gambus007:

From those of you who complain about Volkswagen this , Volkswagen that. Please if you don't have money to maintain car forget car and have rest of mind not when you buy car then you end up going to roadside mechanic to cause more problems then you blame Volkswagen.
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by greatstephenho(m): 9:13am On Jun 02, 2020
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by NaijadrivaCars: 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
I didn't go through with this for personal reasons.
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by hoodboy(m): 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
Simple engine, as long as the wiring has not been messed with you’re good to go. Everything is plug and play. Don’t do shortcuts or conversions.
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by dfos2k(m): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
you're wise. Passat cc show my brother shege!
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by 9icetoo(m): 10:46am On Jun 19, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Haha. I was hoping you would. You are wise.
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by greatstephenho(m): 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

greatstephenho see u

Modified: I saw your ad about an FSI engine on Ji-ji
yeah, you need the engine?
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by lecky001(m): 8:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
idpompe:
Between 1.4D engine,2002 307 Peugeot and 2006 X-line 1.6 of same 307,which is preferable. Asthetics is not considered.I looking for easy to manage electrical and mechanical,less complexity and cost of parts and fuel economy.Thanks in advance.Sorry for mentioning this in this thread.A post above mentioned Peugeot and I want to make a quick decision.Thanks.
Go for the 2006 cline 1.6 very durable and rugged I use one only issue immediately you buy the car change the timing belt cos it expires a year
Re: 2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? by gambus007(m): 5:54am On Jun 30, 2020
lecky001:

Go for the 2006 cline 1.6 very durable and rugged I use one only issue immediately you buy the car change the timing belt cos it expires a year
Original timing belt with good tensioner and roller will serve for 4years or 80,000km(For EW7J4..10,12,10D,TU3,TU5 etc for L4 engines only).Best you buy directly from PAN.Phase 1(2002 to 2004) Bumper looks solid and better while Phase 2( 2005 to 2010) front bumper easily breaks.

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz G63 Amg 6x6! / Unbelievable Prices Of Naija Used Old VW Beetle, Peugeot 404,505,504(pictures) / I'm to Choose b/w 2002 Lexus ES300 and 2011 Hyundai Elantra; Help me decide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.