Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? (758 Views)

One Food You Cannot Understand Why People Enjoy It. / What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by wizdammy1(m): 7:51pm On May 21, 2020
There are lots of weird food combinations that some people seem to enjoy and relish

The thought or sight of some could make you want to throw up while some could make you see that person as a weirdo or a crazy being!

THESE ARE A LIST OF SOME:

EBA AND BEANS (not that bad trust me)
YAM AND OGBONO
BREAD AND PLANTAIN
JOLLOF RICE AND GROUNDNUT
BREAD AND PAWPAW
FUFU AND BAMA
EWEDU AND RICE
BREAD AND INDOMIE

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOURS!
Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by Davash222(m): 7:54pm On May 21, 2020
Isele uku camp, Delta state, I saw a fellow Corp member in mami market adding sugar to his beans. I was about asking him if everything is alright, until I hear his language.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by wizdammy1(m): 8:05pm On May 21, 2020
Davash222:
Isele uku camp, Delta state, I saw a fellow Corp member in mami market adding sugar to his beans. I was about asking him if everything is alright, until I hear his language.

There are quite a number of people who sprinkle sugar on their beans and the taste ain't bad bruv. I don't find it weird!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 21, 2020
Coconut and bread...try it n thank me later

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by wizdammy1(m): 8:08pm On May 21, 2020
sherylbakky:
Mad oooo!!! grin
sherylbakky:
Mad oooo!!!
Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by illicit(m): 8:40pm On May 21, 2020
Fufu and fried fish without soup of any sort

It's a delicacy somewhere in Osun state.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by wizdammy1(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2020
illicit:

This ain't a weird food combo!!
Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by illicit(m): 9:01pm On May 21, 2020
wizdammy1:
This ain't a weird food combo!!
weirdo
fufu and ordinary fried fish. like u will eat d fufu like bread.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by phyya(f): 9:48pm On May 21, 2020
I know of people who eat
1. Bread and okro
2. Fried rice and garri
3. Jollof rice and groundnut
4. Yam and bama

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by VickyRotex(f): 3:24pm On May 22, 2020
Davash222:

I dont find this weird. And maybe that's just me. This was the tactics my mum used when we were little, cos we dont like beans so she adds ripe plantain or sugar. Even at that, we go just pick pick the plantain. lol oh memories!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by VickyRotex(f): 3:25pm On May 22, 2020
phyya:
I know of people who eat
1. Bread and okro
2. Fried rice and garri
3. Jollof rice and groundnut
4. Yam and bama

Now this is what I call WEIRD! cheesy cheesy Ahn ahn kilode grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 22, 2020
sherylbakky:

This is so legit.

Nothing weird about it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 22, 2020
illicit:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 22, 2020
My list goes thus, although it doesn't prove entirely exhaustive:

1. That sh!t called groundnut soup. Like who the hell eats that sort thing
Groundnuts are supposed to be meant for snacking, right. So, why pulverize/grind that sh** and turn it into a soup Gross.

2. Pork and coke or schnapps. sad lord save me. F*ck you.

3. Corn and rice... no way man...

4. Saw someone chewing on roasted millet or stuff like that some years back. Damn it, are you OK?? That stuff was really bitter.

5. I know some guys eat raw okro.

6. Animal entrails... sad

I will go think up more of the weirder ones that I have seen and then get back here to update.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by wizdammy1(m): 7:42pm On May 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:
My list goes thus, although it doesn't prove entirely exhaustive:

1. That sh!t called groundnut soup. Like who the hell eats that sort thing
Groundnuts are supposed to be meant for snacking, right. So, why pulverize/grind that sh** and turn it into a soup Gross.

2. Pork and coke or schnapps. sad lord save me. F*ck you.

3. Corn and rice... no way man...

4. Saw someone chewing on roasted millet or stuff like that some years back. Damn it, are you OK?? That stuff was really bitter.

5. I know some guys eat raw okro.

6. Animal entrails... sad

I will go think up more of the weirder ones that I have seen and then get back here to update.

Corn and rice ain't bad man, buh groundnut soup, who does dat??
Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 22, 2020
wizdammy1:

Corn and rice ain't bad man, buh groundnut soup, who does dat??

Can't stand corn and rice, man. For real.

Groundnut soup was my aunt's special. Part of the reason I never really liked her or liked to her place.

And the aroma/smell... horrible.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Heard Of Or Seen? by StubbornGENIUS: 10:50pm On May 22, 2020
My roomie was the weirdest.Breakfast:Bread+okpa/indomie, Lunch:beans+garri, Dinner:eba or yam+banga soup or rice+yam. Side Dishes:Drinking Garri With Suya,bread+peanut and soya milk+plantain chips. He also enjoys his chilled heineken with sharwama or meatpie.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Its For You / Best Thing I Ever Ate / Food Supplements!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.