Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President (2335 Views)

BBA Winner, Kevin Pam, Shares Adorable Photos With His Children On IG / Fan Disappointed At Olamide For Laughing While Naira Marley Trolls Simi / BBA Winner Uti Nwachukwu Begging Empire Actress Taraji Henson Aka Cookie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President by ExAngel007(f): 2:40pm On May 22, 2020
A former winner of Big Brother Africa, 2014
edition, Idris Sultan has reportedly been
arrested for laughing at a throwback photo of
President of Tanzania, John Pombe Magufuli in
a short video he shared online.

Speaking to the BBC on Thursday, his lawyer
Benedict Ishabakaki said that he was accused
of contravening the Cybercrimes Act 2015
against cyberbullying.

The Throwback Picture

The law states:

“A person shall not initiate or send any
electronic communication using a computer
system to another person with intent to coerce,
intimidate, harass or cause emotional damage.”

Ishabakaki said they are now awaiting the
arraignment of Idris who has been in police
custody for two days and accused of using the
internet to harass the President

Ishabakaki said;

“They have not told him till now if he has
broken any clause … but their questioning
behavior is related to the video. We hope he
can be released on bail today. In short, the
police claim Idris used the internet to harass
the president.”

This is however not the first time he has been
arrested.

In October 2019, he was arrested for photo-
shopping President John Pombe Magufuli. While
summoning Idris, Dar es Salaam Regional
Commander Paul Makonda claimed the
comedian didn’t know the boundaries of his
work.

https://m.guardian.ng/life/bba-winner-idris-sultan-arrested-for-bullying-tanzanian-president/

1 Like

Re: BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President by Enoch07: 2:46pm On May 22, 2020
who no go laugh to this picture abeg??

1 Like

Re: BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President by habsydiamond(m): 2:52pm On May 22, 2020
africa will always be africa..africa leaders no dey carry last.. if na me i go laugh in Corona Language.... na the legs me i see oo.. they look pi.gi.h to me
Re: BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President by Humanoid01(m): 3:02pm On May 22, 2020
What happened to freedom of expression? He probably didn't mean it the wrong way. This is tyranny! What is wrong with this continent sef?

1 Like

Re: BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 22, 2020
One has to be very careful these days on what we say on social media
Talk nonsense like this you will be surprised where you will find yourself in the next 24hrs embarassed

1 Like

Re: BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 22, 2020
Enoch07:
who no go laugh to this picture abeg??
I Tire.
Even the PRESIDENT will laugh at himself and how things have changed within a SHORT TIME...
Then the PRESIDENT wore PARACHUTE...
But now wears COAT and not yet suit grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President by scoundrel(f): 5:46pm On May 22, 2020
This president and Ben Ayade look no different. See human being president, abeg. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President by cyndy1000(f): 5:51pm On May 22, 2020
Hahahahah the throwback is funny tho. The guy was even wrong for even doing a short video.
Had it been it was Nigeria I guess a high percentage of the nation will be of the nation will be arrested. Especially those who mocked Good luck Jonathan and Mama Peace.
Everything still boils down to be careful of what you post on social media it has powers this days
Re: BBA Winner Arrested For Laughing At Throwback Photo Of His President by happybee: 9:22pm On May 22, 2020
I laughed harder reading the post and seeing the photo at the same time.
grin
Abeg, the photo no reach to laugh?grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“Do you sometimes forget that you are a mom?” - Uche Maduagwu Tells Tiwa Savage / Tolanibaj Disgraced In Benin As Fans Ignore Her Hail Nengi(video) / Yoruba Actor Can Never Get My Attention, They Are Still Broke - Nkechi Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.