Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,477 members, 7,843,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

The Traffic Market Place - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Traffic Market Place (340 Views)

The Market Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Traffic Market Place by Sidiking(m): 2:40pm On May 22, 2020
As I step into my vehicle to make my way to the office of my supposed new employer along Samanda Market, my mind wandered back to the times when I will be stuck in the traffic along the market road trying to reach home or go out of town. The traffic is usually caused by the non relenting traders that chose to sell their goods on the road or the cut throat drivers that parks their vehicle improperly or the smugglers that smuggled rice in from the neighboring country who chose to openly display their products on the road and lastly the commotion caused by the non tolerating individuals that used the road for their day to day activities. The always busy market road will still have its frustrating look today as always...sigh!

As I stepped on the road, I observed few things. One could begin with the hot sun smiling down crookedly from above or the flies that hummed over rotten mangoes and foodstuff that was thrown away to the roadside and the corrupt policemen that made the market road their business ground and the hawkers their only hope of livelihood.

The always busy road of Samanda District Market dwindled with noise as buyers and sellers negotiate different products, except for passing motorists that got angry over the rowdiness of the market road which contribute a lot to the traffic congestion. This is the reason I had left home by 9am, I know too well that a large portion of the time will be spent in the traffic. I can't imagine the stress I will be going through on this road when I finally start working in that company. I am beginning to blame myself already, but I really don't have an alternative choice.

It took me only ten minutes to drive from my house to this market, but I spent about forty minutes in the traffic, and I'm walking into the office now ten minutes to my scheduled interview time. It is better to be early than late, I thought as I made my way to the Secretary that looks like a Receptionist at the entrance of the big room. Well, a good Secretary could perfectly fit for a Receptionist. Why having the two anyway, I thought as I move closer to the beautiful fair lady who was well dressed to booth. Must all Secretaries and Receptionists be light skinned ladies? I wonder.

Re: The Traffic Market Place by hardeycute(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2020
Good read, your work needs paragraphing.

1 Like

Re: The Traffic Market Place by hardeycute(m): 10:39am On May 26, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe’s Comments On My Nobel Prize Was A Big Disappointment — Wole Soyin / Robi SMS Package | How To Buy Robi SMS / Write 200 Jokes Around Harry Potter Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.