Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,893 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

COVID-19: Us-based Nigerian, Church Donates Food, Facemasks To Abuja Households - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Us-based Nigerian, Church Donates Food, Facemasks To Abuja Households (240 Views)

Diphtheria: States Consider Facemasks As Cases Escalate / COVID-19: US Records 1,169 Deaths In 24 Hours — Highest Single-Day Toll Globally / Chinese Health Workers Take Off Facemasks To Celebrate Fall In Coronavirus Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Us-based Nigerian, Church Donates Food, Facemasks To Abuja Households by agwom(m): 10:59pm On May 22, 2020
A United States-based Nigerian and church have reached out to households in Abuja with facemasks, hand sanitisers and food items to cushion the effect of COVID-19. PowerHaven Church, based in Atlanta USA in conjunction with Adeola Adediran of Dallas, Texas, said the outreach tagged “Feed a Family” was aimed at feeding at least 200 families in Abuja.

The two-part outreach on Friday had recipients gathered at the ECWA Church, Jikwoyi Community, FCT at 10 am with the support Dr. Mary Jane of GAMAC Foundation while the second batch was hosted by Dr. Ayo and Pastor Dorcas Tegbe at their church, Holy Ghost Christian Centre (HCC), Apo Mechanic Village, Abuja. Donations at Apo Donations at Jikwoyi

Adediran, in a text message to our reporter, said the whole idea came about when “I started hearing a lot about the struggles people were facing in Nigeria during the coronavirus pandemic. She said she heard about how some lower-class individuals were starving because they have no source of income due to the restrictions in the country.

After doing some research, she said she realized the government has not been able to reach out to everyone with the provision of adequate support to keep things afloat particularly among the lower-class individuals. “This inspired me to create a GoFundMe to help in whatever way I can which in turn raised a lot of funds.

“In collaboration with Pastor Micheal Oyategbe of PowerHaven Church in Atlanta, we have fed over 700 people in multiple cities across Nigeria (Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan, Ikorodu, Ilorin, Ota). “Our goal is to feed over 1000 individuals during this time with the hopes of taking on more initiatives in the coming future for the betterment of people’s lives across the world,” she added.

Responding on behalf of all the recipients, Dr. Ayo Tegbe appreciated the good gestures, noting that the turn out was impressive even as his church had to provide buses to commute some of the recipients from and back to their houses.

“People are filled with joy today (Friday) because of this. You can see the joy on their faces that people remember them all the way from America,” he added.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-us-based-nigerian-church-donates-food-facemasks-to-abuja-households.html

Re: COVID-19: Us-based Nigerian, Church Donates Food, Facemasks To Abuja Households by Makavelli25: 11:02pm On May 22, 2020
On this thread,i have nothing to say but our government has failed us
Re: COVID-19: Us-based Nigerian, Church Donates Food, Facemasks To Abuja Households by Holumhidey(m): 11:09pm On May 22, 2020
I don cheat death many times, go look my toilet
Re: COVID-19: Us-based Nigerian, Church Donates Food, Facemasks To Abuja Households by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 22, 2020
agwom:
A United States-based Nigerian and church have reached out to households in Abuja with facemasks, hand sanitisers and food items to cushion the effect of COVID-19. PowerHaven Church, based in Atlanta USA in conjunction with Adeola Adediran of Dallas, Texas, said the outreach tagged “Feed a Family” was aimed at feeding at least 200 families in Abuja.

The two-part outreach on Friday had recipients gathered at the ECWA Church, Jikwoyi Community, FCT at 10 am with the support Dr. Mary Jane of GAMAC Foundation while the second batch was hosted by Dr. Ayo and Pastor Dorcas Tegbe at their church, Holy Ghost Christian Centre (HCC), Apo Mechanic Village, Abuja. Donations at Apo Donations at Jikwoyi

Adediran, in a text message to our reporter, said the whole idea came about when “I started hearing a lot about the struggles people were facing in Nigeria during the coronavirus pandemic. She said she heard about how some lower-class individuals were starving because they have no source of income due to the restrictions in the country.

After doing some research, she said she realized the government has not been able to reach out to everyone with the provision of adequate support to keep things afloat particularly among the lower-class individuals. “This inspired me to create a GoFundMe to help in whatever way I can which in turn raised a lot of funds.

“In collaboration with Pastor Micheal Oyategbe of PowerHaven Church in Atlanta, we have fed over 700 people in multiple cities across Nigeria (Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan, Ikorodu, Ilorin, Ota). “Our goal is to feed over 1000 individuals during this time with the hopes of taking on more initiatives in the coming future for the betterment of people’s lives across the world,” she added.

Responding on behalf of all the recipients, Dr. Ayo Tegbe appreciated the good gestures, noting that the turn out was impressive even as his church had to provide buses to commute some of the recipients from and back to their houses.

“People are filled with joy today (Friday) because of this. You can see the joy on their faces that people remember them all the way from America,” he added.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-us-based-nigerian-church-donates-food-facemasks-to-abuja-households.html
Only accept cash. Never accept freebies that come from white racist nation, could be laced with poison.
Re: COVID-19: Us-based Nigerian, Church Donates Food, Facemasks To Abuja Households by Nobody: 10:37am On May 24, 2020
agwom:

. Just give them money, ppl looking for money to take care of themselves; not useless rubbish.

(1) (Reply)

US Recognises Young Nigerian Man For Helping His Mates During Covid-19 Read More / 5 Warning Signs You May Fall Sick Soon / 416 New Cases Reported ,115 Discharged, 12 Death On May 28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.