Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,567 members, 7,850,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:15 AM

UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 (538 Views)

Nneka Onwuzuligbo: Dr. Anu & Her Clinic Convicted Over Client's Death / King Charles Coronation: Elizabeth Nneka Anionwu's Role / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 by Ebukax(f): 1:40am On May 23, 2020
Associate Professor Nneka Omera-Okeke, the Head of Department, English Studies, University of Port Harcourt, Report has it that died of coronavirus.
A message reportedly forwarded to staff of the institution on Thursday night revealed that the Vice Chancellor, Professor Ndowa Lale, broke the news immediately he was informed of her death.
Below is the copy of message pertaining her to death that was reportedly forwarded by the VC or Dean as the case maybe

With deep sadness in my heart, i wish to announce the death of our Dear friend and colleague, a woman of great Administrative Acumen, the current Head Department of English Studies, Associate Professor Nneka Omere-Okeke.

She died this evening of the Dreaded Covid-19. the VC broke the sad news of her passage to me the moment he was informed.

Please dear colleagues, Coronavirus is real and deadly. stay safe with your family.
Meanwhile, the student body of the department, National Association of Students of English and Literary Studies (NASELS) confirmed the death of the HOD, but debunked that she died from Coronavirus complications.
The notice from the student body reads:
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF STUDENTS OF ENGLISH AND LITERARY STUDIES (NASELS)
UNIPORT CHAPTER

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
Regretfully, I announce the death of our Head of Department, Dr. Nneka Umera-Okeke
For now the cause of her death has not been revealed, so disregard any information saying she died of COVID19, Updates concerning her death will be posted later.
https://legitinfor.com/2020/05/23/uniport-hod-of-english-studies-professor-nneka-omere-reportedly-died-of-covid19/

Re: UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 by tillaman(m): 1:44am On May 23, 2020
shocked
Re: UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 by Sijo01(f): 1:50am On May 23, 2020
Rip beautiful intellect.
Re: UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 by Helpfromabove1(m): 2:07am On May 23, 2020
Rip

But wait on so coro coro virus not they hear English
Re: UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 by ellapius(f): 2:46am On May 23, 2020
pls Covid bae don't kill beautiful people like this .
Re: UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 by Ebukax(f): 2:48am On May 23, 2020
Helpfromabove1:
Rip

But wait on so coro coro virus not they hear English
Hahaha
Re: UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 by jidamsel43(m): 5:06am On May 23, 2020
Death is inevitable
Re: UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 by Nobody: 5:54am On May 23, 2020
RIP, Professor.
.... and Later one Pastor that seemed enlightened called IBIYEOMIE will mount pulpit dishing out Nonsense from Port Harcourt that Coronavirus is Malaria.
.... Nothing more.

Most PASTORS we have are drop outs who claimed God called them except for the Catholics, Anglicans, Baptists, Methodist, Jehovah Witness, Seventh Day, Presbyterian whose PRIESTS are enlightened and updated on daily basis with knowledgeable facts.

IBIYEOMIE disappointed me, honestly.
Although he disgraced himself.
The surprising thing is that MATTHEW ASHIMOLOWO keeps calling his colleagues to order not knowing they are not as educated and enlightened as he is. cry cry cry cry
Re: UNIPORT HOD Of English Studies Professor Nneka Omere Reportedly Died Of COVID19 by jesmond3945: 6:11am On May 23, 2020
EVILFOREST:
RIP, Professor.
.... and Later one Pastor that seemed enlightened called IBIYEOMIE will mount pulpit dishing out Nonsense from Port Harcourt that Coronavirus is Malaria.
.... Nothing more.

Most PASTORS we have are drop outs who claimed God called them except for the Catholics, Anglicans, Baptists, Methodist, Jehovah Witness, Seventh Day, Presbyterian whose PRIESTS are enlightened and updated on daily basis with knowledgeable facts.

IBIYEOMIE disappointed me, honestly.
Although he disgraced himself.
The surprising thing is that MATTHEW ASHIMOLOWO keeps calling his colleagues to order not knowing they are not as educated and enlightened as he is. cry cry cry cry
he was taking swipe at the politics behind COVid 19. Rip to her but I hope you know people die of several ailments apart from COVid.

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Fruits And Vegetables Smoothies / My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) / Is Being An Introvert Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.