Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) (80070 Views)

See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) / How Anambra Has Transformed Over The Years (pix) / Task Force Intercepts Trucks Carrying Almajiri At Cross River Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by PortHarcourt1st: 3:12pm On May 23, 2020
HopeAtHand:

Where in PH is this.. Looks like Oyigbo to me.

That's PORT HARCOURT city, see more of PORT HARCOURT city

Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by tiredoflife(m): 3:13pm On May 23, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Awwwww this is a welcome development. Op why are you using itel hope you're not in a relationship because I can't imagine what the so call lady is going through by dating someone that uses that phone.

That 300naira expressions wig on ur head has compressed your brains
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by JayPeeOham: 3:15pm On May 23, 2020
post=89863348:
Anambra state govt closing borders with neighboringstates

God please guide your children

Let me see the one between Delta and Anambra States grin
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by HopeAtHand: 3:16pm On May 23, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:

That's PORT HARCOURT city, see more of PORT HARCOURT city

I can recognize Diobu.. That is about the oldest areas in PH, but that flooded pics looks like Aba road going to Oyigbo.

I haven't been arounf there in a while but I think Fashola claimed to have fixed that road.
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by PortHarcourt1st: 3:18pm On May 23, 2020
HopeAtHand:

I can recognize Diobu.. That is about the oldest areas in PH, but that flooded pics looks like Aba road going to Oyigbo. haven't been arounf there in a while but I think Fashola claimed to have fixed that road.

This is not Diobu but PORT HARCOURT TOWNSHIP, very close to the government house PORT HARCOURT

Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Millenniumlady(f): 3:21pm On May 23, 2020
tiredoflife:

That 300naira expressions wig on ur head has compressed your brains
I hope i won't make you to be more tiredoflife when i'm done with you because I don't see you falling too far away from what your predecessor's went through in my hands.....You better becareful boy.
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Dreambeat: 3:27pm On May 23, 2020
This is exactly what Ebonyi and Enugu states should do against infiltration especially from the northern part of the country
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by HopeAtHand: 3:31pm On May 23, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:

This is not Diobu but PORT HARCOURT TOWNSHIP, very close to the government house PORT HARCOURT

Government House is in Orogbum, old GRA. Forces avenue is the backgate. Azikiwe by spar is entry gate.

Please which street is this in old PH Township??
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by PortHarcourt1st: 3:34pm On May 23, 2020
HopeAtHand:

Government House is in Orogbum, old GRA. Forces avenue is the backgate. Azikiwe by spar is entry gate.
Please which street is this in old PH Township??

This is also another area close to PORT HARCOURT government house, where basket is used in waste management and evacuation in an oil rich city of PITAKWA

Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by clericuzzio(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2020
post=89863390:
More

This should be around UGA/Imo border if I'm right
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by shogsman(m): 3:40pm On May 23, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Awwwww this is a welcome development. Op why are you using itel hope you're not in a relationship because I can't imagine what the so call lady is going through by dating someone that uses that phone.
I wish to see what you look like one day,because I'm very positive you're very ugly
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Adau123(m): 3:45pm On May 23, 2020
Untainted007:

I sense you are definitely silly to tell me wot I type wit my own phone? I guess you are raised by money gotten frm bribery, if nt not so, u won't take offences in wot we all know any police.
and even ur father offer a bribe before he married ur mother,if u don't know the meaning of bribe keep guiet.
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Adau123(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2020
Untainted007:

I sense you are definitely silly to tell me wot I type wit my own phone? I guess you are raised by money gotten frm bribery, if nt not so, u won't take offences in wot we all know any police.
and if u don't know the meaning of bribe,even your father offered a bribe before he married your mother.
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by chigoizie7(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2020
Officialgarri:
Are there people who man those gates? I bet the answer is Yes! But guess what, the people who lock those gates will still be the same one who opens it when you squeeze some notes through the metal grills.

In one south eastern state, they built this kind of border gate at the major boundary. It remained porous and we arrived through there.

Unfortunately, we were about to exit the state (due to our nature of job) specifically on Tuesday only to meet a long queue at the border.
Alas! The state Governor was said to have come earlier, locked the gates and left with the key cheesy cheesy We had to turn back and exit through another border cheesy

The only people that can open that gate because their palms are greased are either the police or the army. If those manning the gates are the indigenes of the community where the gates are. Trust me, no one will enter Anambra. When it comes to patriotism of the states, the real indigenes do not joke with it no mater how much is involved.
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Adau123(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2020
Untainted007:
Is it not the same policemen we all know want to stay at the gate. It's even good for them be dat cos it's far better than using tyres and plank on the road. This one will be money for hand, paradise gate will be opened.
And if opportune to be in they shoe u will do the same thing.
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by banio: 4:01pm On May 23, 2020
Is border closure the cure to covid-19. Border closure will only lead to economic crisis and famine soonest.

Even America has started opening up.

Best bet is for government to sit up and provide testing capacity at boreders, that's if they feel that's the source.

All these lockdown should stop, let's focus on cure
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Adau123(m): 4:03pm On May 23, 2020
YoungLionken:
That's commendable,the security operatives are nothing but a bunch of thieves!...
Even you
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by paul100(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2020
[quote author=Ebenezer2O2O post=89875856][/quote]
Beggar dey insult person because of phone.She has a poor mentality.I have seen her signature so i will not be surprised if you continue making noise on Nairaland.
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by chigoizie7(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

It seems you don't know the level of organisation and discipline in Anambra state (right down to the community level)! This not working in other states doesn't mean it wouldn't work in Anambra! When they set their mind to tackle a problem, and you stand in their way.....God help you!

You are correct, the only people that will compromise is the Nigerian law enforcements. But if that gate is being manned by the community of that border, and then coordinated by either the youth leader or the PG of the said community. They can even be burning the cars that want to enter by force. They cannever compromise not matter who you are, because they know that whatever they do, that their community will be solidly behind them.

1 Like

Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Linusjnr001(m): 4:06pm On May 23, 2020
Millenniumlady:

He got the itel for free
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by tiredoflife(m): 4:07pm On May 23, 2020
Millenniumlady:
I hope i won't make you to be more tiredoflife when i'm done with you because I don't see you falling too far away from what your predecessor's went through in my hands.....You better becareful boy.

U think I am a sissy
Come on it u dumbo
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by chigoizie7(m): 4:07pm On May 23, 2020
banio:
Is border closure the cure to covid-19. Border closure will only lead to economic crisis and famine soonest.

Even America has started opening up.

Best bet is for government to sit up and provide testing capacity at boreders, that's if they feel that's the source.

All these lockdown should stop, let's focus on cure

Stop looking at countries that have good measures to tackle this case, stop looking at countries that are already reducing the number of cases.

Naija cases rises on daily basis and so far, it is morethan 20% of those tested. So you can now imagine.

1 Like

Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Millenniumlady(f): 4:08pm On May 23, 2020
tiredoflife:

U think I am a sissy
Come on it u dumbo
Come off it joor with your head like coconut
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by banio: 4:13pm On May 23, 2020
chigoizie7:

Stop looking at countries that have good measures to tackle this case, stop looking at countries that are already reducing the number of cases.

Naija cases rises on daily basis and so far, it is morethan 20% of those tested. So you can now imagine.

So what solutions do you profer?. Do we sit at home and die of hunger or we go out and take the risk. While the government sponsors health institutes to look for cure. Do U know people are starving, imagine people earning via businesses that have been shut for over two months e.g Ikoku spare parts in Port Harcourt
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Bomi(m): 4:14pm On May 23, 2020
Hunnnnn. Fire father of NIGERIA will be turning in their graves for these type of leadership in the country who refuse orndo3s not have capacity to think! Closing border with neighbours within an entity call nation where there physically boundaries without spiritual or entinic boundary where leader championing artificial boundaries
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Enoch07: 4:20pm On May 23, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
I hope your father is using iPhone 11
her father can't afford iphone11. trust me
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 23, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:
see her post below.
Beggar
wonderful!!! cry
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by chigoizie7(m): 4:36pm On May 23, 2020
banio:

So what solutions do you profer?. Do we sit at home and die of hunger or we go out and take the risk. While the government sponsors health institutes to look for cure. Do U know people are starving, imagine people earning via businesses that have been shut for over two months e.g Ikoku spare parts in Port Harcourt

These are two evils. You have the choice to choose the one with less consequences.

All over the world, America, Canada, Italy, Spain, SA, namibia etc all these countries had this same cases. But they were able to start easing up on the economy by reopening it gradually. While some countries were able to give little palliatives to its citizens. Some countries did not just like Namibia, Zimbabwe as poor as they are. Now let me tell you something. Namibia has no cases of corona virus as we speak, they used to have, Infact they recorded their first case just almost the same time SA recorded theirs, but some South Africans are just like Nigerians. They only think about today. Namibia shut down the entire nation. Brought every law enforcement out to the streets of Namibia. They monitored and broke that chain of speeding now, they are free and no Seth case. South Africa, some regions adhered to the lockdown, come 1st of June all the provinces with the exception of western cape and eastern cape will advance to stage 3 while the two exceptions will remain in stage 4 as the cases are still going up in those two provinces. These are countries that didn’t give any form of palliative, I mean Namibia. They all agreed to suffer small, for just 6 weeks and then go about their normal businesses. Some of the SA provinces also adhered, suffer small and enjoy later and soon.

Let me tell you. For as long as the cases still goes up, the economy will forever be in lock down. Weda we like it or not. Even if the borders are opened with those cases, no one from other country will dare enter naija, and no nation will welcome anyone from naija. So what is the economy without its international borders open?

You asked me what I suggest. I am not in Nigeria at the moment. I have been on lockdown for 9 weeks straight and it hasn’t been called off yet. But the cases are going down drastically.

I suggest that Nigerians should all go inside lock everywhere and truthfully isolate for 4 weeks. Then reopen the economy gradually.

But if they insist on not doing it. That is the worst. Because till December it will still not be opened. And people will still be starving. It is better we starve small for a short period of time and be better than to starve for longer period.

Until the cases are drastically reduced. No nation will open its borders for anyone coming in from naija. Think about it. This is two necessary evils, but we must choose one. I understand that people are starving. But with the cases still going up as a result of continuous spreading based on say people are not social distancing, people will suffer more and longer. The choice is ours. I want the economy to reopen . I want to come see my parents. But I have no choice. America was in lock down before naija, they have not even fully reopened, Canada same, Italy same, Spain same, Ireland same. These are nations with higher cases and enough resources to tackle it. Yet they are taking things easy. Why are Nigerians rushing theirs. Well unless there are no covid 19 cases, except the govt is doing politics. Otherwise. Remain on lock down and sort things out. The governors are seeing the clear writings.

For example, Anambra has one of the leases cases. All they need is to make sure all their borders are closed tightly and then resume their normal lives within, which they are doing already, Anambra is open already.
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by rossychik(f): 4:36pm On May 23, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Lol, na waoo for u. So that is married to a person using it, I should divorce him abi? Don't tell me the quality of the phone will add or reduce the suffering. Funny you
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by dingbang(m): 4:41pm On May 23, 2020
You just opened tollgate business for the gatemen. They will soon build house
Re: How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) by onyxo76(m): 5:13pm On May 23, 2020
yeah lock yourselves in jare....when everyone don dey get im life back to normal...by the time this corona thing is over a lot of governors go look themselves and wonder wetin enter their head to do some things during this pandemic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coronavirus Scare: Masked Man Gets Seats All To Himself (Photo, Video) / Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.