Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? (604 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Nigerians Advised To Buy Black Dolls For Their Kids. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by xynerise: 9:25am On May 23, 2020
Maybe this topic has been discussed before but it is still in vogue today which makes me believe many people are still gullible to some of these "men of God".

My question is, didn't the Bible say " Who finds a wife finds a good thing"? Are we not supposed to find our heart desires instead of relying on a man(Pastor/Imam)to decide who to marry and lie to you that the Holy Spirit told him so?

A lot of divorce cases are linked to religious arranged marriage. How can you marry a total stranger you have no idea what he/she can do in her "beast mode"?

I know lots of you still listen to them for marital advice but does it worth it?

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by IamPlato(m): 9:26am On May 23, 2020
Dont Ever Try It... Choose Your Partner And Let God Qualify That Person.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by Righteousness89(m): 9:48am On May 23, 2020
It is not a bad thing to listen to your Pastor for advice or Direction or prayers for a Life Partner.

But my Personal Advice to Whoever wants to settle down is to Personally Seek to Hear from GOD.

Why?
GOD is only Committed to where he sends you. I say this from my Personal Experience.

It's not bad for you to desire a certain type of man or woman you want. But Ensure you Hear from GOD. Seek Him Honestly for his Choice.
HE Speaks! HE Reveals! It's Just that Many of us are too busy to Hear. Many of us Ask Him with Someone in your mind Already.. it should not be so.

If you need GOD'S Perfect Choice, don't Go to Him with a Choice.. The devil also gives revelation

Most of the issues we see today in Homes are because the Man or woman refused tge Chouce GOD showed to them.. it always ends in Struggle, tears, regrets.

I know of certain Brethren, Servants of GOD, serving God in Truth. But they missed it in Marriage.

I know of a Certain Brother in the LORD, whom GOD showed him his wife. Other people were even shown the same thing about him. He Refused and went for a young lady who he felt was beautiful and all that. Months later our beautiful sister left the Brother, Traveled outside the country and got Married. Today our Brother in the LORD is Wifeless. He can't marry any other woman because he knows the Bible.

He has to keep on waiting and praying that she comes back or she dies. That's only when he can Remarry. And I Tell you GOD Protects such women from death. Especially when you Deliberately went against his direction..

Personally, I had a chat with GOD Years ago about my Marriage. I said " FATHER, If I don't hear you , I won't Marry! And my mind was made up!

I Remember a Lady who told me GOD told her I am her Husband. I Never had from GOD about her. So I didn't give in..

Few years later, I heard Clearly early in the Morning about my own.

And I Tell you the Truth before GOD, I saw GOD Hands in my Marriage. It was Strugglessly! Infact people I didn't know and didn't know me took over and Sponsored my wedding!

Why? Because HE GOD Directed.

And truly I see GOD'S Hands in my Marriage daily!

I say again! GOD ALMIGHTY is not committed to where he didn't Direct..

Seek to Hear GOD not just in Marriage but also in life.

He Speaks through
Dreams
His word
Inner Spirt
Clear Voice
His Ministers

Seeek to Hear GOD Before you say I do! It will save you a lot of Stress!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by Kemimarch16(f): 10:18am On May 23, 2020
It is good if you can seek God yourself but imam or pastor I don't support that

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by Nobody: 10:26am On May 23, 2020
I won't, I've been there, I didn't and never will.

I will rather seek God's opinion on marriage than Man's opinion.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by crackland: 10:34am On May 23, 2020
Well there was a time when arranged marriages was a norm - families do all the arrangements and the marriage is contracted. This still happens.

I see no difference between the above and a situation where a Pastor/Imam is the one doing the arrangement.

The failure of a marriage depends simply on the two people involved, NOT how it was contracted or who arranged it.

Everyone who is married today is married to someone who was once a total stranger to them until they both met through someone, something, or some situation.

There are some still married today who were directed towards their spouse by a Pastor/Imam and they're doing alright...not because of the Pastor/Imam, but because they made it work.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by kilimanjaro(m): 10:49am On May 23, 2020
Infact, they have misled so many people.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by kilimanjaro(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
It is not a bad thing to listen to your Pastor for advice or Direction or prayers for a Life Partner.

But my Personal Advice to Whoever wants to settle down is to Personally Seek to Hear from GOD.

Why?
GOD is only Committed to where he sends you. I say this from my Personal Experience.

It's not bad for you to desire a certain type of man or woman you want. But Ensure you Hear from GOD. Seek Him Honestly for his Choice.

Most of the issues we see today in Homes are because the Man or woman refused tge Chouce GOD showed to them.. it always ends in Struggle, tears, regrets.

I know of certain Brethren, Servants of GOD, serving God in Truth. But they missed it in Marriage.

I know of a Certain Brother in the LORD, whom GOD showed him his wife. Other people were even shown the same thing about him. He Refused and went for a young lady who he felt was beautiful and all that. Months later our beautiful sister left the Brother, Traveled outside the country and got Married. Today our Brother in the LORD is Wifeless. He can't marry any other woman because he knows the Bible.

He has to keep on waiting and praying that she comes back or she dies. That's only when he can Remarry. And I Tell you GOD Protects such women from death. Especially when you Deliberately went against his direction..

Personally, I had a chat with GOD Years ago about my Marriage. I said " FATHER, If I don't hear you , I won't Marry! And my mind was made up!

I Remember a Lady who told me GOD told her I am her Husband. I Never had from GOD about her. So I didn't give in..

Few years later, I heard Clearly early in the Morning about my own.

And I Tell you the Truth before GOD, I saw GOD Hands in my Marriage. It was Strugglessly! Infact people I didn't know and didn't know me took over and Sponsored my wedding!

Why? Because HE GOD Directed.

And truly I see GOD'S Hands in my Marriage daily!

I say again! GOD ALMIGHTY is not committed to where he didn't Direct..

Seek to Hear GOD not just in Marriage but also in life.

He Speaks through
Dreams
His word
Inner Spirt
Clear Voice
His Ministers

Seeek to Hear GOD Before you say I do! It will save you a lot of Stress!

That's a coincident!
Congrats though for having a good wife.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by Righteousness89(m): 11:04am On May 23, 2020
kilimanjaro:

That's a coincident!
Congrats though for having a good wife.

It's not Coincidence or Luck!

IT IS GOD!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by ibkayee(f): 12:10pm On May 23, 2020
Nah, even if you’re looking for a sign from God, the ‘Religious leader’ is still human, and man is too prone to mistakes, misunderstandings, and even lies to base such an important life decision on him/her.

Especially not from scratch, because there’s a difference between ‘finding’ someone for someone (whether they’re actually introducing them or referring two people who already know each other as prospects for each other), and giving input on a someone you bring to them yourself.

Even if I’m looking for their input, at best I’d ask them to bless our relationship and depending on the rapport I have with them, I may ask what their impressions of my partner are. But that's pretty much the only influence they'll have on my decision

I don't think citing examples of relationships arranged by religious leaders that have been 'successful' indicates a concrete enough trend to have a 'high level of confidence' in this process, we can also find plenty of examples of relationships that didn't work out. Opinions of friends, family and people we respect in general are important but decisions like this require a higher level of personal vigilance from your side compared to what others have to say, since you'll most likely be spending the most time with him/her and are the one getting married to him/her and the end of the day
Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by pocohantas(f): 12:16pm On May 23, 2020
If a lot of divorce cases are linked to RELIGIOUS arranged marriages, it should say more about the so called religious people.

The religious leaders are not (entirely) the problem. After all, they thought they are linking two normal humans that are christlike.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 23, 2020
Since when is God accessible to only Imams and Pastors that you cannot seek Him for guidance about your own life yourself?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by Teaser4(m): 12:43pm On May 23, 2020
never

Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by Microwhy: 2:29pm On May 23, 2020
A close pal was scam with that...
Re: Would You Marry Someone Because Your Imam/pastor Advised You To? by fuzzywuzzy: 2:37pm On May 23, 2020
That's a very wrong reason for getting married

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me!! “my Girlfriend Has Been Saving My Sperm In A Bottle For 2 Month / Broken!!! / Remarriage And Will In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.