Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances (15499 Views)

Abuja COVID-19 Response Team On Strike Over Non-payment Of Allowances / COVID-19 Patient Delivered Of A Baby At LUTH / 68-Year-Old Woman Delivered Of Twins At LUTH (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Nemere2020: 7:53pm On May 23, 2020
The lives of around one hundred covid-19 patients admitted at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital isolation centres may now be in danger.

That’s because the hospital’s team of voluntary responders shutdown operations on Saturday following the non-payment of special allowances for three months.

TVC News gathered that several patients who were meant to be tested today to ascertain their status and find whether they would be discharged have now been called off.

Not even a visit of the presidential task force to the hospital could assuage the workers as no concrete guarantees were obtained as to when the payments would be made.

Lagos University Teaching Hospital is a frontline response facility in the war on the virus in Nigeria, given its location in the nation’s commercial capital city.

Only weeks ago, the hospital recorded a number of successes including taking the lead in Nigeria to safely deliver coronavirus-positive pregnant women one of whom had a set of twins.

https://www.tvcnews.tv/covid-19-volunteers-at-luth-shut-operations/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Lorazepam(f): 8:05pm On May 23, 2020
They don loot all the covid 19 donated funds finish to the extent that they cant even pay health workers. Nawa. After making audio promises up and down.
Being a frontline health worker in this country in this covid 19 era is just an extreme sport. No PPE, no salary, no life insurance, nada. angry

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by ProfAmaben(m): 8:26pm On May 23, 2020
But Mudashiru Obasa earns over 17,000,000 naira monthly with over 53 bank accounts. Nigeria has long expired as an entity. If a nation cannot hold it's leaders accountable, this should be expected.

Those talking about Volunteers below are not smart, someone risks his/her life for you and you don't appreciate them with little stipends but you are comfortable with a senator earning over 20million naira monthly? Haba, this shows our mindset in this country.

Some of you have been at home typing and chatting throughout the lockdown, what stops you from volunteering and paying transport, feeding yourself and risking your life in Luth for free?

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Jack500: 8:26pm On May 23, 2020
Where are all the donations?

This is because LUTH is a federal institution, all those working directly under the lagos state government and are involve in covid have been paid their allowance.

FG should do their work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by DEXTROVERT: 8:26pm On May 23, 2020
I
Thought
Volunteering
Means
They
Came
For
Free...

Though

Or
We
Use
Different
Dictionary
In
Nja

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by maxipharo(m): 8:27pm On May 23, 2020
Na wa for this country
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by onegb(m): 8:27pm On May 23, 2020
Naija my country

Not even a visit of the presidential task force to the hospital could assuage the workers as no concrete guarantees were obtained as to when the payments would be made.

This one Got me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by tym92(m): 8:28pm On May 23, 2020
where are the 15 Chinese men, let them continue where our guys stopped...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:28pm On May 23, 2020
That’s because the hospital’s team of voluntary responders shutdown operations on Saturday following the non-payment of special allowances for three months.

News coming from our reliable source says all the volunteers that attempted to shut down early this morning will be paid first thing on monday morning.

The others that see it as a volunteering duty and did not expect anything in return (those ones were trying to persuade the others not to shut down but continue working) will be paid also.
Some of us @[/b] on ground, witnessed it all.

[b]It is obvious not everyone of us believe in the motto of 'Do not ask for what your country can do for you, but ask for what you can do for your country'.

We respect their views anyways.

But, Keep doing your good job guys

It will soon be over.

#WeDidOurPart.

Rainbow219:
please what is the meaning of volunteers. I think it means free without single penny. Ahhhhhhh Nigerians and money are like Ferdinand and Vidic sad
They will be paid eventually.
It is not free as in total free.
It's all in the communique.

batstan:
My wife is in the front line of this pandemic in Kaduna State.
Even fuel no dey inside their vehicles, at times.
grin
No be small tin!

PHijo:

...because no country exists!
No country exists?.....and this is coming from PH?!
Is there another PH in Gambia or Ghana that we don't know of?

PHijo:

It exists on paper only!
Okay, Mr Shalaye! tongue

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by bigiyaro(m): 8:29pm On May 23, 2020
volunteers expecting to get paid? am confused.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Uyi168: 8:29pm On May 23, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by omocalabar(m): 8:29pm On May 23, 2020
Trying to separate corruption from a Typical Nigerian is just impossible....I head abt the CMD of Luth trying to divert their pay since last week.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by 247day: 8:29pm On May 23, 2020
[s]
post=89886947:
We did
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:29pm On May 23, 2020
You say??...louder pls
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by nedekid: 8:30pm On May 23, 2020
Agbagbaregoo:
Are they not volunteers?
Lol
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by sanerugwei: 8:30pm On May 23, 2020
Too bad
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by whatmoreng: 8:31pm On May 23, 2020
Volunteer means free work na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by TheKing4040(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2020
It's crazy how much our leaders has looted this nation and continue looting to the extent they can't pay frontliners while they keep eating fat. They shall all die of overfeeding and suffocation

Every Nigeria ruler not leaders from 1960 until today has failed us woefully and it shall not be well with any of them including the dead ones..

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by irepnaija4eva(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2020
Kai..... And one idiot is somewhere with 64 Bank accounts stealing money from the state.

While the health care practitioners are risking their lives and same time begging to be paid.

Smh..

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Enwhen(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
I
Thought
Volunteering
Means
They
Came
For
Free...

Though

Or
We
Use
Different
Dictionary
In
Nja

[b]Them go trekk to and fro ?, Dem no go eat during break?[/color]

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 23, 2020
Nemere2020:

https://www.tvcnews.tv/covid-19-volunteers-at-luth-shut-operations/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

I have told Federal gov't to sell this nation and give me my share. I am no more interested. I am tired of reading and hearing bad news about this country. Lord Lugard abeg give me the land document

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by YorubaKinging: 8:32pm On May 23, 2020
coronaVirus in Nigeria is a scam
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by bluefilm: 8:32pm On May 23, 2020
Ha ha ha

The scamdemic wahala continues... grin
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 23, 2020
why is Nigeria like this? somebody working can't receive salary/allowance, na wa o
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Enwhen(m): 8:32pm On May 23, 2020
irepnaija4eva:
Kai

Nigeria cast
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by nanauju(f): 8:33pm On May 23, 2020
angry
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Natural441(m): 8:33pm On May 23, 2020
Na wa oooo for our this government ooo
Am packing my load soon, am leaving this fucking country but i love nigeria shaiii.
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Tobinrobin(m): 8:33pm On May 23, 2020
Even with all the BILLIONS allocated? They couldn’t pay allowances or maybe they’ve paid & the greedy has pocketed as usual

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Officialgarri: 8:33pm On May 23, 2020
'Volunteers' are asking for money again?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

40 And Bedwetting / Please What Is The Best Method Of Cleaning The Vagina After Urinating? / Why Nigeria’s Maternal Mortality Is Amongst Highest In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.