Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,363 members, 7,860,994 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans (429 Views)

Boss Mustapha: Lagos Got N10bn, Kano N5bn To combat COVID-19 / COVID-19: CBN To Fund Research For Vaccine – Godwin Emefiele / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by Omooba77: 8:35pm On May 25, 2020
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said it has approved N10bn aggregate loan request by pharmaceuticals and other health care organizations.

The Apex Bank had announced N100 billion this year to support the health authorities to ensure laboratories, researchers and innovators work with global scientists to patent and/or produce vaccines and test kits in Nigeria to prepare for any major crises ahead.

This in addition to grants the Apex Bank promised to give on breakthrough researches on COVID-19 vaccines.

Recently, the Guild of Medical Directors had accused the CBN Governor of sitting on the requests while putting together a so-called ‘framework’ for such funding.

Giving an update on the progress of the health care loan, the CBN Director, Corporate Communications, Mr. Isaac Okorafor said “on the loan component about N10bn worth of applications have already been approved and many more are being processed.”

He said “anyone castigating the CBN and the PTF for the grant component is just being mischievous.”

He said that “Grants are guided by procedures and not a free for all. They have to be applied for and processed. There are guidelines which must be followed.There are qualifications for grants and they have to be met, which in this case must include authentication by relevant government agencies such as the Nigerian Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Development and the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) on the scientific foundation of such research” Mr. Okofafor explained.

“Grants may be seen as free, yes they are free, but they are not just handed out to anyone who stretches out their hands. You must have a plan, demonstrable and genuine scientific efforts, intentions and above all you have to apply for them” he stated further.

“I know some persons have an aversion for due process but we do not encourage that at the CBN. I advise those who are interested to follow due process and apply for the grant and stop using the media to ridicule the good intentions of the CBN” he noted.

CBN’s COVID-19 interventions in the healthcare sector are in two basic components. One is a loan programme while the other is in the form grants and/or loans for pharmaceutical and healthcare-related research on COVID-19, which was announced just about two weeks ago.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-cbn-approves-n10bn-for-healthcare-loans.html/amp
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by kessling: 8:39pm On May 25, 2020
In a country where there's no accountability how will we know that the money will get to the intended beneficiaries
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by Omooba77: 8:41pm On May 25, 2020
Audio loan to borrow words of my good friend.
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by Juliusmomoh: 8:42pm On May 25, 2020
Nigeria i hail ooo cool
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by Omooba77: 8:43pm On May 25, 2020
kessling:
In a country where there's no accountability how will we know that the money will get to the intended beneficiaries

We cant account for School feeding. In Account, this loan is used to balance the book.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by Stephenomozzy(m): 8:43pm On May 25, 2020
cool

If only these strategy on print and social media were truly implemented in real life eh. Nigeria is just too rich in everything for it to be poor in everything (pun intended).

Due process, due process, to I'll these loans really get to health organizations who can really make an impact?

Or to certain people to sponsor monopoly.
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by kessling: 8:45pm On May 25, 2020
Omooba77:

We cant account for School feeding. In Account, this loan is used to balance the book.

We all know who benefitted from the school feeding scam( scheme)
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by Omooba77: 8:48pm On May 25, 2020
kessling:

We all know who benefitted from the school feeding scam( scheme)
We keep on wasting scarce resources on frivolities
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by kessling: 8:49pm On May 25, 2020
Omooba77:

We keep on wasting scarce resources on frivolities

In a country like ours what do you expect
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by DanseMacabre(m): 8:50pm On May 25, 2020
Hmmmmm.

Last last it will be a miracle if #1 billion trickles its way down to them.
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by Omooba77: 8:57pm On May 25, 2020
kessling:

In a country like ours what do you expect
History always correct itself after many repetitions
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 25, 2020
Oloshi government.
They have approved N10Bn loan for their healthcare trips abroad after corona virus.
No be them go get access to the loan?
...Or can you apply for it?
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by Pharmmaqp: 9:55pm On May 25, 2020
*Red alert Cross Riverians*

Something new is in town whether we think it's *Corona* or not , it's very usual.

There has been an increased credible reports on cases of *Anosmia*. Medically meaning loss of sense of smell and taste.

My people this is not malaria or typhoid. A lot of people have been experiencing this and the government is playing politics with it.

We believe this height of irresponsibility should not be tolerated especially from the people we elect to protect us.

This broadcast is aimed at stirring an intervention and not to cause panic. Many persons who claimed to have had this problem showed quick recovery meaning whatever is going on don't have a lot of impact on blacks.

We call on different radio stations to do a live broadcast across the state requesting for reports on suspicious cases of loss of smell and taste sensations and let's see how that goes.

This is not politics

If it is not Covid 19, then it is something else. We are calling on the government to take actions immediately.

I am a victim

We are the victims ..

But I can't explain why I have loss of smell and taste and my doctor won't explain to me, rather he is scared of giving me an answer because the state government says no coronavirus.

I am better now, but what about the vulnerable children and elderly people. So for them..

Share this across till it gets to someone in authority.
And till every radio station take action by calling out for people with such symptoms.
Re: COVID-19: CBN Approves N10bn For Healthcare Loans by Omooba77: 10:25pm On May 25, 2020
Pharmmaqp:
*Red alert Cross Riverians*

Something new is in town whether we think it's *Corona* or not , it's very usual.

There has been an increased credible reports on cases of *Anosmia*. Medically meaning loss of sense of smell and taste.

My people this is not malaria or typhoid. A lot of people have been experiencing this and the government is playing politics with it.

We believe this height of irresponsibility should not be tolerated especially from the people we elect to protect us.

This broadcast is aimed at stirring an intervention and not to cause panic. Many persons who claimed to have had this problem showed quick recovery meaning whatever is going on don't have a lot of impact on blacks.

We call on different radio stations to do a live broadcast across the state requesting for reports on suspicious cases of loss of smell and taste sensations and let's see how that goes.

This is not politics

If it is not Covid 19, then it is something else. We are calling on the government to take actions immediately.

I am a victim

We are the victims ..

But I can't explain why I have loss of smell and taste and my doctor won't explain to me, rather he is scared of giving me an answer because the state government says no coronavirus.

I am better now, but what about the vulnerable children and elderly people. So for them..

Share this across till it gets to someone in authority.
And till every radio station take action by calling out for people with such symptoms.

Contact NCDC

(1) (Reply)

Egg Powder For You; See All You Need To Know / . / Friends Mourn As Lady Dies Answering Calls Close To A Cooking Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.