Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Did You Remember Dipo Shodipo? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Did You Remember Dipo Shodipo? (2781 Views)

Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? / Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) / Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Remember Dipo Shodipo? by HMMD: 3:00am On May 26, 2020
I grew up listening to this man's tracks on Radio Lagos and trust me, I'm always blown by his songs.

Now, I notice that there's close to nothing about this great man on the internet. His pictures, date of birth, date of death, friends and associates, spouse and children, other occupations, pictures, e.t.c...

A make-shift facebook memorial page created by one his associates (and songwriter) Lanre Makinde was the only thing that point to him.
I was able to see few of his songs where on Youtube too...

Please share whatever you know about this good man, I will like to know him more and more about him.

cc: Naptu2, Ishilove

2 Likes

Re: Did You Remember Dipo Shodipo? by cardoso514: 3:41am On May 26, 2020
I am sure you have up to 14 good entries of his music on Snaptube!
He lives in our hearts tru his work!

4 Likes

Re: Did You Remember Dipo Shodipo? by Veryfoolishboy: 4:19am On May 26, 2020
Just a single associate still promotes him after death.
The "one last friend"

2 Likes

Re: Did You Remember Dipo Shodipo? by geosuzzy(f): 4:55am On May 26, 2020
Awade oo awa matunde ooo....listened to this man's unique voice n songs while growing up learnt he is late tho

3 Likes

Re: Did You Remember Dipo Shodipo? by HMMD: 6:49pm On May 28, 2020
Joy!
I just stumbled upon a link to his [used] CD of his. I can't afford it though grin
https://www.cdandlp.com/en/amoran/dip-sodipo/cd/r117888696/
Re: Did You Remember Dipo Shodipo? by HMMD: 7:33pm On May 28, 2020
Acoording to comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzToyKv9FXs&t=0s here, Dipo Shodipo, Sola Makinde, Tunde Fasesin, Niyi Kuforiji and few others (including ladies) made up the K12 Voice in their prime years in Ibadan, Nigeria.
Re: Did You Remember Dipo Shodipo? by HopeNeverDies: 8:35am On Sep 27, 2023
Love this Man's Songs .... Damn!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Mufaya Releases New Song Tagged Tonyoh (audio) / See Actress Nadia Buari Cute Little Twins Babies - Photos / DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Davido - Fall (official Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.