Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank (2564 Views)

FINALLY, I Am Closing My Zenith Bank Account / Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? / Nigerian Banks And Security Control; My Zenith Experience — Kweku Nkrumah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Danielfx(m): 8:51pm On May 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

I was surprised when i saw the first debit Alert On my Zenith bank. I have never used the account for any online transaction before and only two people are aware of the account number with the exception of the bank.

Today, this incessant alert kept bogging my phone. Luckily for me, only 5 thousand naira has left the account so i instantly used the ussd code to block all debit transaction. Now, I am not sure if the ussd code is enough.

Please, can someone still transfer money from my account even after i blocked debit transaction with ussd code ?

Will the bank still remove the other balances ?

Pleas help.

Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Danielfx(m): 8:52pm On May 26, 2020
This one too and more

Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 26, 2020
1 Indonesian Rupiah(IDR) =
0.026 Nigerian Naira.
Better block your card and inform your bank,they are still testing the mic on your account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Danielfx(m): 9:01pm On May 26, 2020
uruba23:
1 Indonesian Rupiah(IDR) =
0.026 Nigerian Naira.
Better block your card and inform your bank,they are still testing the mic on your account.
i used the bank ussd code to block debit transaction on the account, i am just not sure if it is good enough
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by dulux07(m): 9:02pm On May 26, 2020
Visit or Call your bank's customer service, this is one of the reasons they are there for. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by VickyRotex(f): 9:17pm On May 26, 2020
Danielfx:
i used the bank ussd code to block debit transaction on the account, i am just not sure if it is good enough

Should be. Did you get notified that it's blocked?
Have you called your bank to confirm?
I advice you call your bank or visit as soon as you can.

There's really little to nothing that we can do here. Even if the block works with the ussd code, still contact your bank to discuss how you can better protect your account to avoid future occurence.
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Danielfx(m): 9:31pm On May 26, 2020
VickyRotex:

Should be. Did you get notified that it's blocked?
Have you called your bank to confirm?
I advice you call your bank or visit as soon as you can.

There's really little to nothing that we can do here. Even if the block works with the ussd code, still contact your bank to discuss how you can better protect your account to avoid future occurence.
i tried checking my account balance but i was declined on the ground that no account was linked to the Sim so i supposed it worked.

I'm stressed out. I just need an assurance that it's impossible to get money out of the account now that i blocked it with the ussd code
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by VickyRotex(f): 9:37pm On May 26, 2020
Danielfx:
i tried checking my account balance but i was declined on the ground that no account was linked to the Sim so i supposed it worked.

I'm stressed out. I just need an assurance that it's impossible to get money out of the account now that i blocked it with the ussd code

Trust me no matter the assurance anyone tries to offer you here, if something will happen it will. We dont have visibility into your account or the current restrictions put in place.

Calm down. I know the stress that comes with this. Stressing won't resolve anything. just relax. If you can move the money in your account to another, do so.
Then visit your bank tomorrow to discuss what needs to be done to secure your account.

Just relax. Pele.
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Danielfx(m): 9:43pm On May 26, 2020
VickyRotex:

Trust me no matter the assurance anyone tries to offer you here, if something will happen it will. We dont have visibility into your account or the current restrictions put in place.

Calm down. I know the stress that comes with this. Stressing won't resolve anything. just relax. If you can move the money in your account to another, do so.
Then visit your bank tomorrow to discuss what needs to be done to secure your account.

Just relax. Pele.
Thank you. I have blocked all debit transaction with *966*911# so i am currently unable to access my account with my card. Thanks once again, your little concern means a lot to me right now

1 Like

Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by VickyRotex(f): 9:49pm On May 26, 2020
Danielfx:
Thank you. I have blocked all debit transaction with *966*911# so i am currently unable to access my account with my card. Thanks once again, your little concern means a lot to me right now

Great! You'll be fine.

No worries, you're welcome.
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Danielfx(m): 12:16pm On May 27, 2020
VickyRotex:

Great! You'll be fine.

No worries, you're welcome.
Are you always this cool ?
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by VickyRotex(f): 5:04pm On May 27, 2020
Danielfx:
Are you always this cool ?

Ah see question. undecided No, I'm a woman of war cheesy
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Danielfx(m): 6:49pm On May 27, 2020
VickyRotex:

Ah see question. undecided No, I'm a woman of war cheesy
idaboski. Na we we warri people
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Crochet: 6:59pm On May 27, 2020
Report the issue to your bank ASAP
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 27, 2020
Danielfx:
Hello everyone,

I was surprised when i saw the first debit Alert On my Zenith bank. I have never used the account for any online transaction before and only two people are aware of the account number with the exception of the bank.

Today, this incessant alert kept bogging my phone. Luckily for me, only 5 thousand naira has left the account so i instantly used the ussd code to block all debit transaction. Now, I am not sure if the ussd code is enough.

Please, can someone still transfer money from my account even after i blocked debit transaction with ussd code ?

Will the bank still remove the other balances ?

Pleas help.
total of how was debited from the said account.......
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Danielfx(m): 11:53pm On May 27, 2020
Sinzuko135:
total of how was debited from the said account.......
200+ K
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Nobody: 7:52am On May 28, 2020
Danielfx:
200+ K
make sure you report to your bank, surely you will get a refund
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Danielfx(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2020
Sinzuko135:
make sure you report to your bank, surely you will get a refund
I reported, the customers' rep said she saw nothing on their portal.... Seems to be a perfect job
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Nobody: 10:54am On May 28, 2020
Danielfx:
I reported, the customers' rep said she saw nothing on their portal.... Seems to be a perfect job
show them your debit alerts..
Re: I Keep Getting This Debit Alert On My Zenith Bank by Danielfx(m): 4:07pm On May 30, 2020
show them your debit alerts..
I did and had debit transaction blocked. Just yesterday, i received another debit alert. I had no other choice than to withdraw all the money from the account.

To uba or @uba , one of your customers' rep in Abraka is incompetent and is going to ruin your bank for you. The black lady close to the bulk room door.

This is not the first time that lady had told me she did something only for me to go to her again for the same complaint. First, was my missing phone number attached to my account and the second was this fraudulent transactions which she said she blocked but she didn't.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Access Bank Creates US Dollar Debit Card To Access Forex Outside Niger / Business Partner Needed In Solid Mineral Export / How Do I Register For Moneybookers Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.