Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? (1603 Views)

If you need The Redmi Note 8, come in here (pictures) / Whatsapp’s ‘dark Mode’ Update Is Finally Coming To Android Phones / Xiaomi Announces The Redmi Note 7 With 6GB RAM, Starting At N54,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by Criptofxt10: 2:12pm On May 27, 2020
xaomi users like me and so many others who had sold their previous phones have been wanting patiently for the redmi note 9 to enter Nigerian market..but it seems the wait is becoming too long...

so, xaomi users and marketers, when is the redmi note 9 finally coming to Nigeria?

Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by Criptofxt10: 2:12pm On May 27, 2020
pics

Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 2:28pm On May 27, 2020
Unfortunately, coronavirus is a much bigger problem in the world than making profits. Xiaomi isn't interested in sending their products to Nigeria if it's going to sit in the shelves of a store.
They are focusing on countries where sales are allowed to commence.
I have 2 orders for the redmi note 9 and 3 others for the redmi 9 which has not been launched yet, I was expecting the redmi 9 to launch this month. Seeing it only got its Bluetooth certification few days ago, May is looking like a month the redmi 9 won't be launching in.

Plus xiaomi is so focused on affordable 5G phones, every of their attention is on the 5G front. With all this considered, don't put your hopes on getting the redmi 9 series in stores here Nigeria anytime earlier than September. Sad, but it's how it is right now.

1 Like

Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by Criptofxt10: 2:32pm On May 27, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:
Unfortunately, coronavirus is a much bigger problem in the world than making profits. Xiaomi isn't interested in sending their products to Nigeria if it's going to sit in the shelves of a store.
They are focusing on countries where sales are allowed to commence.
I have 2 orders for the redmi note 9 and 3 others for the redmi 9 which has not been launched yet, I was expecting the redmi 9 to launch this month. Seeing it only got its Bluetooth certification few days ago, May is looking like a month the redmi 9 won't be launching in.

Plus xiaomi is so focused on affordable 5G phones, every of their attention is on the 5G front. With all this considered, don't put your hopes on getting the redmi 9 series in stores here Nigeria anytime earlier than September. Sad, but it's how it is right now.

kai...walahi, this is heart breaking if it turns out to be the case....so all the wait was worthless as September is way too far... this is not a good news at all....

I already used note 8 pro, so which other redmi can I get as upgrade to note 8 pro ?..
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by festwiz(m): 2:46pm On May 27, 2020
A few things, Redmi Note 9 may not be sold in Nigeria by Redmi since it's only the Redmi Note 9s that was launched for the Nigerian market. However, they are having troubles getting their devices into Nigeria that's why even RN8 and RN8 Pro have been out of stock on official partners like Pointek and Jumia.

Hopefully sales will begin next month but I wouldn't hold my breathe. A few people have reviewed their units via Jumia Global, so exercise a little patience.
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by Criptofxt10: 2:56pm On May 27, 2020
festwiz:
A few things, Redmi Note 9 may not be sold in Nigeria by Redmi since it's only the Redmi Note 9s that was launched for the Nigerian market. However, they are having troubles getting their devices into Nigeria that's why even RN8 and RN8 Pro have been out of stock on official partners like Pointek and Jumia.

Hopefully sales will begin next month but I wouldn't hold my breathe. A few people have reviewed their units via Jumia Global, so exercise a little patience.

thanks...so apparently, note 8 pro is the biggest redmi right now ?.
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:54pm On May 27, 2020
Criptofxt10:

kai...walahi, this is heart breaking if it turns out to be the case....so all the wait was worthless as September is way too far... this is not a good news at all....

I already used note 8 pro, so which other redmi can I get as upgrade to note 8 pro ?..
Redmi k30 5G or the k30 5G with sd 768 chipset.
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by festwiz(m): 5:00pm On May 27, 2020
Criptofxt10:

thanks...so apparently, note 8 pro is the biggest redmi right now ?.
In Nigeria, yes.
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by Criptofxt10: 6:01pm On May 27, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:
Redmi k30 5G or the k30 5G with sd 768 chipset.
okay, thanks bro... i will check them out
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by pyrex23(m): 6:38pm On May 27, 2020
Criptofxt10:
xaomi users like me and so many others who had sold their previous phones have been wanting patiently for the redmi note 9 to enter Nigerian market..but it seems the wait is becoming too long...

so, xaomi users and marketers, when is the redmi note 9 finally coming to Nigeria?

Redmi note 9 sports a SD 720g Chipset and not mtk g85
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by FryMosquito: 7:30pm On May 27, 2020
You have to be aware that Nigerian economy is still on lock, meaning airports closed, CBN is no more selling dollars to BDC, that make the dollar price to skyrocket. I believed the phone will be available a soon as Nigerian government opens the economy, which is going to happen any time soon. Things will gradually go back to normal.
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by skywalker240(m): 8:22pm On May 27, 2020
As for me, am quitely waiting for them to launch the Redmi 9a.

Na that one my money catch

3 Likes

Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by Criptofxt10: 9:10pm On May 27, 2020
FryMosquito:
You have to be aware that Nigerian economy is still on lock, meaning airports closed, CBN is no more selling dollars to BDC, that make the dollar price to skyrocket. I believed the phone will be available a soon as Nigerian government opens the economy, which is going to happen any time soon. Things will gradually go back to normal.

okay, nice update, i really wish to use that phone, I hope FGN calls off all these shit lockdown soon
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by FryMosquito: 12:07pm On May 30, 2020
Criptofxt10:

okay, nice update, i really wish to use that phone, I hope FGN calls off all these shit lockdown soon
If you can't wait, you may order from foreign ecommerce sites
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by Criptofxt10: 12:44pm On May 30, 2020
FryMosquito:
If you can't wait, you may order from foreign ecommerce sites

OK. thanks
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by atheistandproud(m): 1:29pm On May 30, 2020
pyrex23:

Redmi note 9 sports a SD 720g Chipset and not mtk g85

Redmi 9, yet to be released

Redmi Note 9, Helio G85

Redmi Note 9 Pro (Note 9S in India) Snapdragon 720G

Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (Unavailable in Nigeria)
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by tellsblinks(m): 3:48pm On May 30, 2020
FryMosquito:

I do not wish to derail the thread but please can you tell me more about these selling of dollars to BDC caus last I heard cbn invested billions of dollars just to regulate the dollar rate

So my question are who are they paying this money to??

I thought its our will and based on agreement that dollar prices are been regulated.

If so do the users of same currency pay too? Like in regulating prices with other countries

Sorry for inconvenience I just need some explanation
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by pyrex23(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2020
atheistandproud:

Redmi 9, yet to be released

Redmi Note 9, Helio G85

Redmi Note 9 Pro (Note 9S in India) Snapdragon 720G

Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (Unavailable in Nigeria)

Oh.. Sorry then..
Thanks k 4 the info.
Re: So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ? by atheistandproud(m): 7:41pm On May 30, 2020
pyrex23:

Oh.. Sorry then..
Thanks k 4 the info.

You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s Or Realme 6i - Which Would You Go For? / Google Pixel as scrap @15k 4gb ram and 32gb rom Read!!!!!! / Unfortunately,file Manager Has Stopped: Pleased Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.