Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Newbie from Uganda - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie from Uganda (6389 Views)

NTV KENYA and NTV UGANDA / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newbie from Uganda by geman(m): 9:57am On Jan 19, 2011
Hi ya'll,
I am a new guy on this forum.
Appreciation to ya'll for the good work.

geman
Re: Newbie from Uganda by GeorgeD1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2011
geman,
welcome to the best section on nairaland.
Re: Newbie from Uganda by geman(m): 7:43am On Jan 21, 2011
Thanks George.
I live in Uganda and it's not easy to come by some of the best LNBs like Fuji Inverto, to mention but a few.
However, I came across a Fuji HD lnb (Ku) and am wondering whether this lnb can work on my Technosat T-888 receiver. The receiver isn't HD, please advise.

Secondly, I managed to nail C band for Arabsat 5A at 30.5 East but do you think it is possible to nail ku on the same in Uganda?

For specs, I have a 1.8m Solid dish that is ground mounted.
Re: Newbie from Uganda by GeorgeD1(m): 11:14am On Jan 21, 2011
geman,
you can use the fuji hd lnb with your technosat T-888 receiver. it doesn't matter the hd or non hd specs.

secondly you can nail arabsat ku @30.5 in uganda but i'm thinking you'll need a bigger dish than 1.8m. and it got to be solid as well.
Re: Newbie from Uganda by geman(m): 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2011
Hey George,
Many thanks for your response, I appreciate.

God bless ya.
Re: Newbie from Uganda by kabspat: 1:50pm On May 11, 2011
Dear All, I am new to the Freesat stuff but found it fascinating. I bought a Humax receiver and I want to use to receive ARABSAT/BADR in Uganda. Can someone help me on how to set it up what to use. Secondly, can I be able to receive Nilesat in Uganda (Kampala)

Best regards
Re: Newbie from Uganda by geman(m): 2:14pm On May 23, 2011
kabspat:

Dear All, I am new to the Freesat stuff but found it fascinating. I bought a Humax receiver and I want to use to receive ARABSAT/BADR in Uganda. Can someone help me on how to set it up what to use. Secondly, can I be able to receive Nilesat in Uganda (Kampala)

Best regards

Hi kabspat,
Welcome to Nairaland. I am not a guru yet but I have never been the same ever since I joined this forum. Trust me you will learn lots.

About your question, I am also based in Kampala and with my 1.8m solid ground mount dish, Technosat T-888 receiver, I have been able to track Arabsat @ 30degrees East C- Band, Badr 5 @ 26Deg East Ku-Band and Nilesat 201 @7degrees ku- Band.
I don't know your dish size but like George earlier posted, Ku for Arabsat @ 30deg u'll need a bigger dish than 1.8m. For Nilesat, to benefit very well, you need a bigger dish than 1.8m and a very good LNB. One of the LNBs recommended is Fuji; however, I have not yet tested it.

Otherwise, like I said, I am not yet a guru but I I have learnt a lot.
Try to check on this forum for more detailed information on the set up. What I gave above is shallow, I'll try to check on the forum and post some links for you as well.

Hope what I have shared above makes sense and contributes to solving your query.
Re: Newbie from Uganda by geman(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2011
Hey, kabspat,
Try out this link for the start; https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-419494.32.html.
As you search, you'll get better info on the same.

To digress a little, did you purchase that Humax receiver from Kampala, Uganda? If you did, please give me leads on where I can get one as well.

All the best.
Re: Newbie from Uganda by kabspat: 2:34pm On May 23, 2011
Dear Geman,

Thanks for the info. I will be greatful if you send me more. I had a smaller dish (DSTV), so I will look out for the bigger dish and the LNB. I hope its not so costly. Secondly are you getting channels like MBC 12345 Persia, Dubai one? Then if I get one bigger than 1.8, can I be able to get Nile sat and Arabsat together?

Best Regards
Re: Newbie from Uganda by kabspat: 2:35pm On May 23, 2011
Sorry I bought the Humax Receiver from Khartoum
Re: Newbie from Uganda by geman(m): 3:02pm On May 23, 2011
kabspat:

Dear Geman,

Thanks for the info. I will be greatful if you send me more. I had a smaller dish (DSTV), so I will look out for the bigger dish and the LNB. I hope its not so costly. Secondly are you getting channels like MBC 12345 Persia, Dubai one? Then if I get one bigger than 1.8, can I be able to get Nile sat and Arabsat together?

Best Regards

Hey kabspat,
I am not able to receive MBC channels, Dubai one etc. This is because the size of my dish is small and also like I mentioned, one needs a very good LNB.

The fact that Nilesat is @ 7deg West and Arabsat @ 30.5 Deg East, it is not possible to track both on the same dish at the same time. However, if you want to use the same dish to track both, you will have to acquire a motorized bigger Dish (I think 2.4m minimum) such that you can occasionally move it to Nilesat or Arabsat as you so desire.
You can also use that one dish if it is not motorized such that you time and again move it by yourself to the specific Satellite. (This is rather tiring but depending on what you like, you can always go the hard way).

The other alternative is to acquire 2 Dishes of the same Size, like George said earlier "Solid Dishes" and then position them at the respective Satellites. This would do if you want to have both birds on at the same time. With this, then you would have to go into acquiring a Diseqc Switch.

All the best.
Re: Newbie from Uganda by Pidzo(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2011
Why start this section when we have the whole Newbie section for all newbies? You want to clatter the pages with useless and duplicated sections?
Re: Newbie from Uganda by geman(m): 7:05am On May 24, 2011
Pidzo:

Why start this section when we have the whole Newbie section for all newbies? You want to clatter the pages with useless and duplicated sections?

Hi Pidzo,
Sorry for the inconveniences caused. We'll get to the right Newbie section.

However, about being useless, I am not sure about that,

Be blessed.
Re: Newbie from Uganda by Sensicut(m): 9:32am On May 24, 2011
This place is not where u are supose to ask question go to newbie sattelite instalation if u are new.u are welcome
Re: Newbie from Uganda by geman(m): 1:06pm On May 24, 2011
Sensicut:

This place is not where u are suppose to ask question go to newbie satellite installation if u are new.u are welcome

Hi Sensicut,
I appreciate your your concern.

To every folk on Nairaland, apologies for this thread.
Re: Newbie from Uganda by twinskenny(m): 5:15pm On May 24, 2011
Pidzo:

hey why will u abuse the guy for no reason? come of it this is an open forum he can open a thread for himself and discuss his issue, dont abuse someone cos u dont know them, "geman continue your discussion wherever is convenient for you mate

happy hunting
Re: Newbie from Uganda by Sensicut(m): 9:32pm On May 24, 2011
@twinskenny.why are u putting mouth for what is not concern u is that what they cal abuse because the person i'm talking to is already agree as a mature person,are new on this thread.pls i'm not a trouble maker.fta
Re: Newbie from Uganda by Sensicut(m): 9:35pm On May 24, 2011
@twinskenny.why are u putting mouth for what is not concern u is that what they cal abuse because the person i'm talking  to is already agree as a mature person,are u new on this thread.pls i'm not a trouble maker.fta
Re: Newbie from Uganda by Pidzo(m): 7:11am On May 25, 2011
@Sensicut
Its a VERY big surprise indeed. When Geman apologised but said he is not sure about the posts being useless I agreed to an extent and I rested my case only to see someone trying to push him on. I looked at Geman's response as coming from someone who is 'Very Mature and Understanding.' Thanks Sensicut that we see things from the same view point, and I am not a trouble maker toogrin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Newbie from Uganda by Sensicut(m): 11:16am On May 25, 2011
@all.this forum is not where we supose to be abusing ourself, because is not only this place we will meet we must surely meet somewhere oneday,except someone that he doesn't no how to ask question,this is where we are sharing knowledge.one love
Re: Newbie from Uganda by gadotor(m): 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2011
Hmmmmm
Re: Newbie from Uganda by SATLYNX: 1:23am On May 28, 2017
To BUY your Original ALCAD products made in SPAIN, Contact Us sales.alcad@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Is Dstv Doing Promo? Have Not Recharged For The Past Two Months Now And Still On / All Fangpusun Prpducts, Inveters, Charge Controllers At Good Deals / Spider Forever 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.