Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone (6793 Views)

Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / Do You Know Of Any Browser That Can Browse Wap Sites On Desktop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone by hollus: 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2011
pls can someone explain to me on how i can browse my laptop with my phone
pls kindly send me reply thanks
Re: How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone by hollus: 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2011
hollus:

pls can someone explain to me on how i can browse my laptop with my phone
pls kindly send me reply thanks
Re: How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone by samolina1(m): 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2011
What the h, In 21st century? What OS & PHONE are you using? Which is your PROVIDER e.g MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, e.t.c? I need those to help you.
Re: How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone by amor4ce(m): 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2011
Hi samolina1.

I need the same assistance. I use a Mac OS and a samsung d780 phone; also have a glo and mtn line. Its for an interview that requires a reliable internet connection that can support video. I currently use visaphone which is still slow despite the alliance with main one. I just need it for that day.
Re: How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone by samolina1(m): 11:52pm On Jan 21, 2011
@armo4ce, well i am not a MAC guy i am of WINDOWS, but i can give you hint not detailed instruction. You need to get bluetooth USB dongle if you don't already have one on your system. Get your phone configure properly & on the bluetooth then add the the phone to your system in forms of pairing, like normal phone-phone connection, then go to your network connection window and create new dial-up connection. Then choose the device you want to use to connect this should be the modem of the bluetooth you have installed. For MTN, If you are asked of password & username use "web", dial-up number use "*99#". Stay blessed.
Re: How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone by sonymax(m): 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2011
guy,if your lappy no get bluetooth,you fit use usb, for me,the one wen go easy u
(1)get a nokia pc suite and install it in your pc if you are using nokia but if you are not using it,get the pc suite of the fon e you are using
(2)connect ya fone to ya laptop and open the pc suite,if you are using usb,config ya pc suite to usb,if na bluetoto,config to use bluetooth then click connect to internet.thats all
if you get problem,call me on 08067397757.thanks
http://www.naijatwitter.webs.com
Re: How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone by samolina1(m): 7:35am On Jan 23, 2011
What if he doesn't have USB? And beside he said he is using Samsung & do you think SAMSUNG PC SUITE can be easily come by if it was not sold with your phone? Stop kiddin me guy! The bluesoleil bluetooth is about N500 to N800 compare to the cost of PC SUITE and USB & if he can't PC SUITE the cost of downloading it from manufacturer site, i think that should be pretty close to N2000 if not more than it! Besides, the proceedure i suggested can't be easily affected by virus & your phone can't easily contract virus & your phone can't easily give your PC virus unless you foolishly send it to it! But, PC SUITE and USB cable? Not so good!
Re: How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone by amor4ce(m): 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2011
Macs come with bluetooth so no issue with that; and samolina1's tip worked. I only had to additionally click on "Advanced" and type "web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net" as the APN.

So I'm ready for the interview. I still want to try out my glo line to compare speeds. The only thing remaining is to estimate the size and cost of 45 mins of webcast(video) via skype - perhaps 250-300MB.

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell Old Inactive Fiverr Buyer Account For Quick Money / Can I Get A Good Laptop For 50,000 Naira? / HP 250g4 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.