Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? (3150 Views)

NTI Transcript Collection: Advise Needed / National Teachers Institute (NTI) Graduates Students Without Certificates / Is This Elite Entrepreneurship Training Consult A Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by fscream(m): 12:14pm On May 29, 2020
It is worrisome that many teachers are not qualified to be called one in Nigeria. This reality prompted the Education ministry to insist every teachers: public or private, must be duly certified. To achieve this, if you are not a graduate of Education you must obtain PGDE from regular universities, or National Teachers' Institute (NTI).
Unfortunately, many who passed through NTI for the one-year PGDE Program has not seen their result let alone receive their certificate.
In fact, 2017/8 are yet to have their results released and NTI has not come out to explain reason for this. Thousands have enrolled in 2019 and 2020 already not knowing the predicaments of those before them are facing.
Permit me to say that some friends have lost decent employment opportunities because they don't have certificate to prove they have their PGDE. A friend was denied TESCOM opportunity in Lagos at the final stage of the recruitment because she couldn't present any education certificate in late 2019 despite the fact that she had finished her program with NTI in 2018.

Now that education ministry is pushing for qualified teachers threatening to close schools without one, I strongly suggest that the ministry look into the activities of NTI and the plight of thousands of teachers that have their results/certificates withheld in years for reasons unknown to any.
It is almost looking like a scam institution, yet they generate lot of funds annually for education ministry.
Teachers,NTI students, parents, stakeholders in education and all concerned Nigerians, let's hear your view on this topic please.

Push this to the front please as it directly or indirectly affects everyone. Thanks

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 29, 2020
One bad habit of most Nigerian public institutions is delaying people...

A lot of these schools do it like it doesn't matter if you wait for several years, as if age doesn't count. I am not surprised at all...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by fscream(m): 1:18pm On May 29, 2020
Iamundisputed:
One bad habit of most Nigerian public institutions is delaying people...

A lot of these schools do it like it doesn't matter if you wait for several years, as if age doesn't count. I am not surprised at all...
Is sickening to have results delayed for years. What happened of anyone even has carry over?
Naija ehn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Phemphil: 1:34pm On May 29, 2020
Pls., the world should come to our aid ooo. 2015 till date, enrolling Students at NTI without seeing a single result for any of the courses offered. We did the program with great hope to be qualified as teachers and since then no result let alone certificate. Is NTI a theater institution to watch African magic?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 29, 2020
fscream:

Is sickening to have results delayed for years. What happened of anyone even has carry over?
Naija ehn

It's a serious case of negligence. If you go to those offices where they compile results and print certificates, you discover a lot of them just sit down and discuss political issues and how to make illegal money from school activities. That is what they do till it's extremely urgent for them to issue certificates...

Also, Nigerian universities will rarely pick calls for inquiries or attend to emails. If they are understaffed, let them employ more hands or outsource instead of playing with people's career.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Agbafs2005(m): 1:34pm On May 29, 2020
fscream:
It is worrisome that many teachers are not qualified to be called one in Nigeria. This reality prompted the Education ministry to insist every teachers: public or private, must be duly certified. To achieve this, if you are not a graduate of Education you must obtain PGDE from regular universities, or National Teachers' Institute (NTI).
Unfortunately, many who passed through NTI for the one-year PGDE Program has not seen their result let alone receive their certificate.
In fact, 2017/8 are yet to have their results released and NTI has not come out to explain reason for this. Thousands have enrolled in 2019 and 2020 already not knowing the predicaments of those before them are facing.
Permit me to say that some friends have lost decent employment opportunities because they don't have certificate to prove they have their PGDE. A friend was denied TESCOM opportunity in Lagos at the final stage of the recruitment because she couldn't present any education certificate in late 2019 despite the fact that she had finished her program with NTI in 2018.

Now that education ministry is pushing for qualified teachers threatening to close schools without one, I strongly suggest that the ministry look into the activities of NTI and the plight of thousands of teachers that have their results/certificates withheld in years for reasons unknown to any.
It is almost looking like a scam institution, yet they generate lot of funds annually for education ministry.
Teachers,NTI students, parents, stakeholders in education and all concerned Nigerians, let's hear your view on this topic please.

Push this to the front please as it directly or indirectly affects everyone. Thanks

This is unfair.... I wish they could be probe.

Education in naija no be am at all

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Olopa246: 1:38pm On May 29, 2020
It is highly worrisome, I wish i never applied.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Jayhillz: 1:42pm On May 29, 2020
It is definitely a sham. An institution that is supposed to value education but rather does the direct opposite.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by fscream(m): 1:44pm On May 29, 2020
2015..this is African magic indeed
Phemphil:
Pls., the world should come to our aid ooo. 2015 till date, enrolling Students at NTI without seeing a single result for any of the courses offered. We did the program with great hope to be qualified as teachers and since then no result let alone certificate. Is NTI a theater institution to watch African magic?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Phemphil: 1:51pm On May 29, 2020
Jayhillz:
It is definitely a sham. An institution that is supposed to value education but rather does the direct opposite.

It's really a shame NTI taught ethics of education and teaching, but where is the credibility in the very institution?

The school that supposed to the a role model to other educational institutes, colleges and faculties, instead the reverse is the case.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by dadaoluwasola: 1:58pm On May 29, 2020
This is absolutely unacceptable. NTI should release our certificate or we take it up with them.We give them just one week for this.

Rubbish of the highest oda!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by D1S2Z3: 2:06pm On May 29, 2020
This is so annoying. Nigeria systems and their ways too bad.
Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Phileo123: 2:12pm On May 29, 2020
The education sector that should be the one to correct societal wrongs has failed to meet up with its role.

I think this should call the leaders of the institution to reality. A thorough probe should be carried out in this sector. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Rukson4u: 2:26pm On May 29, 2020
Please NTI should produce our certificate so that we will not be denied of opportunities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Okontafc: 2:56pm On May 29, 2020
Good afternoon everyone.

Please I thank you all for coming on this platform to share this problem we have been facing from the National Teachers Institution(NTI) for so long.

Well, I will not call anybody a Scam yet because, they cannot scam us. Be rest assured of that.

Now, all of us, I mean the 2017/2018 or anybody that is affected should keep the message flying around.

We need to spread this message across to the federal ministry of Education and to relevant government agencies for NTI to release our certificates, we don’t need results anymore, we need our certificates direct.

The last time we met the state coordinator in Lagos, he told us that it is the University of Ibadan that is holding the results. I am now calling on University of Ibadan to tell us if it true or not .

Most of us are already Teachers and we need the PGDE certificate for validation of the profession. We have done the programme, write all the exams and projects, so what is now the problem?. In this light, I think we are no longer novice. So everyone should rise up and speak sharing the message to the government and relevant authorities.

It was because of this Pandemic crisis, we were planning to go to UI to ask questions.

Please anyone with any relevant link or agency that we can cry to should please share.

Thank you all.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by apeleone(f): 4:02pm On May 29, 2020
Withholding results after many years of completion of a program without any explanation is wrong. I am aware that more teachers have currently registered this session with hopes of getting their results which they won't get.
Many teachers have lost different opportunities because they have not got their PGDE certificates. It is so frustrating.
Please appropriate MOD should move this topic to front page.
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Harduerah(f): 4:42pm On May 29, 2020
And to worsen the case, they asked us to come and collect Attestation letter and still charge us for it.. (Charging us for their laziness) If you see the way I screamed when Two of my colleagues told me they registered for Nti.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by sundaynaira: 4:50pm On May 29, 2020
[quote author=fscream post=90083705]It is worrisome that many teachers are not qualified to be called one in Nigeria. This reality prompted the Education ministry to insist every teachers: public or private, must be duly certified. To achieve this, if you are not a graduate of Education you must obtain PGDE from regular universities, or National Teachers' Institute (NTI).

[/Ministry of Education should look into the activities of NTI as it is fast becoming a scam. How would one completed PGDE program for the past two years and yet no result talk less of getting your certificate! quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Dazzlinbeauty: 6:17pm On May 29, 2020
[quote author=sundaynaira post=90092484][/quote]
It's over 2years now since I completed PGDE program with NTI without results and certificate to show for it.
No explanation whatsoever for the delay from appropriate authorities.
This is unfair & unacceptable. It was so difficult running the program considering the nation's economy melt down and the fact that the learning environment was no where close to comfortable.
Against all odds, we made it at last only to beg & fight for our rights (results/certificate).
This has to stop!
We say NO to NTI delayed results/certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by abdulogah: 7:43pm On May 29, 2020
Its totally frustrating....That a body and institution that should lead by example is looking so disoriented.

1 Like

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Omo1990: 9:07pm On May 29, 2020
NTI we need our certificate. We have lost good job opportunities because we have not certificate to present. This is the second year we have graduated and yet no result, no certificate, and no any update from the institution. This is really frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Harduerah(f): 9:27pm On May 29, 2020
2 years after we did first semester exams (June 2018), we haven't seen result..What do we even have to show that we did the program? It's not fair at all and I can never advise anybody to register for Nti

1 Like

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by MaryamTanya(f): 9:30pm On May 29, 2020
fscream:

This is disheartening, this course/institution was recommended to me by a lecturer of an higher institution who testified that Universities and other higher institutions including his invite experts from NTI to train their staffs.
He counselled saying the program is flexible and detailed but unfortunately the reverse is the case, i can't believe concluding a program for 2years now without a statement of result for both semesters, no idea if i passed or failed any course. My sponsors are already thinking i lied so as to get money for something else.

Its really sad

1 Like

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by lekscott(m): 9:32pm On May 29, 2020
It’s so frustrating how you devote so much time and resources on a program only for you to be left with no result even after 2years. NTI is a big scam and the ministry of education needs to look into this.

3 Likes

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Nanroxi: 8:21am On May 30, 2020
Harduerah:
2 years after we did first semester exams (June 2018), we haven't seen result..What do we even have to show that we did the program? It's not fair at all and I can never advise anybody to register for Nti
Shuu!!! And I just paid my first semester school fees

1 Like

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Kholawohlay2019: 2:36pm On May 30, 2020
fscream:

1 Like

Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Opeyemi080: 4:59pm On May 30, 2020
I join the team, the lamentations team because I am involve.

We even have to pay for to whom, even though our results delay wasn't our fault!

Many things to haul in the system!
Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Kholawohlay2019: 9:30am On May 31, 2020
Too bad with all the stress and our money...no result no certificate...NTI is a big scam
Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by princess6: 1:59pm On May 31, 2020
Please NTI we need our result & certificate, that's d only evidence to show we really did d program
Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Marrty(m): 8:51pm On May 31, 2020
We need our result and certificate oooo
Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Okontafc: 9:34pm On May 31, 2020
Please let us continue to send and share this information. We should not stop.
Re: Is National Teachers' Institute (NTI) A Scam? by Strawberry96: 4:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
Guys!! NTI, National Teachers' Institute is a complete scam. I wasted 3 years, wasted money, resources and my energy on that sham of a school. Pls whether you just joined or you've been there for a few years, leave that school. I wish I left earlier, no result, no slip, nothing. I lost job opportunities coz of NTi, was hoping to get even a statement of result.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sister Sarah / Who Is Professor Pella? / Birthday Gift For Hubby, Any Ideas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.