Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,424 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:54 AM

Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) (3236 Views)

Starting A Poultry Parent Stock And Hatchery Business! Ask Me Anything / Pictorial Details Of A Poultry Farm Project In Lagos State / Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 8:26am On Jun 01, 2020
there will be additional topics 25. water management 26. heat management
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 8:33am On Jun 01, 2020
25. water management

you should always have clean and available water in your farm. sink a borehole or a well. some farms have 2 to 5 borehole in their farm because water is very essential for the birds. depriving your chickens of water can suddenly increase mortality, reduce egg production, increase egg pecking etc.

depriving layers of water for 3 to 4 hour period can will reduce egg production for about 3 days. broilers may even die instantly when water is deprived for about 3 hours.
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 8:39am On Jun 01, 2020
26. heat management

during dry season, most farm experience increase in mortality which can be attributed to rise in temperature in the poultry house.
you can avoid this problem while constructing your poultry house by making your roof high enough.
some people use asbestos sheets because they are good insulators. some put ceiling in the poultry houses also.
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by adebayour26: 8:40am On Jun 01, 2020
Thank you for all these. It's selfless service and yet you took your time to take us through all of these.
You are blessed always.

3 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 8:42am On Jun 01, 2020
adebayour26:
Thank you for all these. It's selfless service and yet you took your time to take us through all of these.
You are blessed always.
you're welcome sir
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2020
I am through ooooo bye bye.
feel free to ask your questions. I will also discuss some additional topics later
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by adebayour26: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2020
I went through your profile. What I notice is that you are so consistent in what you do.

Sooner or later, I'll patronise you
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 9:09am On Jun 01, 2020
thanks a lot sir
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 9:10am On Jun 01, 2020
adebayour26:
I went through your profile. What I notice is that you are so consistent in what you do.

Sooner or later, I'll patronise you

thanks a lot sir
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by hardcore007: 11:01am On Jun 01, 2020
Bros, thank you so much.
I'm a newbie in this line of business.
I have about 50 birds (broilers).
They are 8 weeks old and it's aleady big for consumption.
But I want to start selling from next week.
I also have already restocked another 50, they are 7 days old today, and I just gave them vaccine (lasota), they are doing pretty good.
I never lost any bird so far. I put my time on it, I always check them time to time.

Now, I want to learn more about this business. I want a good source to be buying from. And I also want to be formulating my own feed. Though i did formulate one. It worked but not really like the normal feed I buy . I want to be selling my broilers in the 8th week. I need help on how-to feed them so I can get the result. I never mentioned there are some days I feed them 4 times daily
Bro pls drop your contact for us so those interested like me will call. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by hardcore007: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2020
Pls, when should i start giving my 7 days old birds (broilers) booster ??
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
hardcore007:
Bros, thank you so much.
I'm a newbie in this line of business.
I have about 50 birds (broilers).
They are 8 weeks old and it's aleady big for consumption.
But I want to start selling from next week.
I also have already restocked another 50, they are 7 days old today, and I just gave them vaccine (lasota), they are doing pretty good.
I never lost any bird so far. I put my time on it, I always check them time to time.

Now, I want to learn more about this business. I want a good source to be buying from. And I also want to be formulating my own feed. Though i did formulate one. It worked but not really like the normal feed I buy . I want to be selling my broilers in the 8th week. I need help on how-to feed them so I can get the result. I never mentioned there are some days I feed them 4 times daily
Bro pls drop your contact for us so those interested like me will call. Thank you.

that's a good one. one of the ways to generate money in broiler production is formulating your own feed. for your broiler to acheive good weight, you will feed ad libitum( don't ration feed for them) and provide extra lighting for them at night.

then there are two things about the feed formulation. I can give you a Broiler feed formula for free or teach you how to formulate at an agreed price.

for contacting me, you can check my mail address in my profile but I would like most of the discussions to be done here so that others would learn.
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
hardcore007:
Pls, when should i start giving my 7 days old birds (broilers) booster ??

are you referring to Vitamin booster ?
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by hardcore007: 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Prosperousman:

are you referring to Vitamin booster ?
I aleady give them vitamin which I know aids their growth too. But I meant the other one that's mixed with their feed.
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by hardcore007: 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
Prosperousman:

that's a good one. one of the ways to generate money in broiler production is formulating your own feed. for your broiler to acheive good weight, you will feed ad libitum( don't ration feed for them) and provide extra lighting for them at night.

then there are two things about the feed formulation. I can give you a Broiler feed formula for free or teach you how to formulate at an agreed price.

for contacting me, you can check my mail address in my profile but I would like most of the discussions to be done here so that others would learn.

I'm sorry sir, could you pls tell what "ad libitum" means.
I've provided them light. But I turn it off most times around 2 or 3 am before I finally go to sleep.
I'll be really glad if I learn how to formulate feed, because I want to stock more 100 birds by next week.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
ad libitum means providing feed for them at all times i.e unrestricted feeding.
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
hardcore007:

I'm sorry sir, could you pls tell what "ad libitum" means.
I've provided them light. But I turn it off most times around 2 or 3 am before I finally go to sleep.
I'll be really glad if I learn how to formulate feed, because I want to stock more 100 birds by next week.

ok, you can WhatsApp on 07032144195
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by adebayour26: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
Prosperousman:

... but I would like most of the discussions to be done here so that others would learn.
E se oooo. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Cryptodon: 7:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
Good day everyone, I wanna venture into poultry farming..
I am looking for a fenced land to lease in Enugu south L.G.A..
Pls contact 08138733900 for any availability
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by mhiztaNexy(m): 9:17am On Jun 02, 2020
How do you treat whitish discharge from vent of broiler. 6 weeks old and reduced feed intake. Thanks
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
mhiztaNexy:
How do you treat whitish discharge from vent of broiler. 6 weeks old and reduced feed intake. Thanks

is it there any red discoloration in the droppings? the reduced feed intake may be attributed to coccidiosis, intestinal worm, shortage of drinking water or low quality feed
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by mhiztaNexy(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
Prosperousman:

is it there any red discoloration in the droppings? the reduced feed intake may be attributed to coccidiosis, intestinal worm, shortage of drinking water or low quality feed

Thanks for the response. No red discoloration in the droppings. Today makes it the fifth day i administered antibotics and coccidiostat. I make sure there's water by supplying in d morning n evening.

I noticed the bird is now dull with no food in its crop part.
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 6:07am On Jun 04, 2020
mhiztaNexy:

Thanks for the response. No red discoloration in the droppings. Today makes it the fifth day i administered antibotics and coccidiostat. I make sure there's water by supplying in d morning n evening.

I've had a similar problem in the past. what I did was to heat up the pen house so that the chickens would feel thirsty to drink and eat. there is greater % chance they have either coccidiosis or intestinal infections which would make them not to eat. which anticocci drug are you using?
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 6:16am On Jun 04, 2020
mhiztaNexy:

i will advice you do the following
1. provide heat in the pen house for them to feel warm so they can be thirsty to drink and eat
2. deworm them with kepromec oral for a day, be cautious not to overdose
3. start coccidiosis treatment. you can use the one that has combination sulphaquinoxaline, vitamin and antibiotics e.g. coccifor. treat for 5 days
4. put extra 3hour light for them to eat at night
5. incase you are rasing your broilers on deep litter, change the litter materials
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by mhiztaNexy(m): 7:26am On Jun 05, 2020
Prosperousman:

i will advice you do the following
1. provide heat in the pen house for them to feel warm so they can be thirsty to drink and eat
2. deworm them with kepromec oral for a day, be cautious not to overdose
3. start coccidiosis treatment. you can use the one that has combination sulphaquinoxaline, vitamin and antibiotics e.g. coccifor. treat for 5 days
4. put extra 3hour light for them to eat at night
5. incase you are rasing your broilers on deep litter, change the litter materials

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by trychris: 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
I was following this thread and I realized the great works you have put into it. Please, my 4weeks old cockerels are dropping dead after closing their eyes over a short period of time. Their droppings are white and greenish in color. I have started giving them Cococinor since yesterday. Please is I enough to keep them from dying?

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
trychris:
I was following this thread and I realized the great works you have put into it. Please, my 4weeks old cockerels are dropping dead after closing their eyes over a short period of time. Their droppings are white and greenish in color. I have started giving them Cococinor since yesterday. Please is I enough to keep them from dying?

I may not really point our their problem with the few signs you have described. but by 4 weeks, they should have taken their lasota, Gumboro vaccine, coccidiostat and antibiotics. if not, the sickness may be due to skipping the aforementioned medications.
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Giantfarmer(m): 7:01am On Jun 06, 2020
I have 100 birds but they lay barely one and half crate daily, what Will I do to bring their back to laying 3crate
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
Giantfarmer:
I have 100 birds but they lay barely one and half crate daily, what Will I do to bring their back to laying 3crate

how old are they?
which brand of layers feed do they consume?
before they dropped in egg production, was there any change in the feed brand?
how many kg of feed do they consume per day?
hope they have constant drinking water supply ?
where they deprived of water before the drop in production?
when last did you deworm and vaccinate against new castle disease?
are they exposed to sunlight or hot environment?

correct answers to these questions may provide a solution
Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by CornerChen: 7:07am On Jun 17, 2020
Broiler floor equipment with water drinking and feeding line, including climate control and heater.
Capacity from 10,000 birds to 40,000 birds in one house.

If you would like to start with broiler farm, please send me message for best price.
WhatsApp: +8615838398703
Email: vin.chensn@gmail.com

Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by CornerChen: 8:47am On Jan 18, 2021
Our company supply poultry cage for chicken farm for around 35 years
We have layer cage, pullet cage and breeder cage
We also have floor equipment for broiler for various capacity.
Kindly contact me for detail quotation and design,
My WhatsApp: +8615838398703
Email: vin.chensn@gmail.com

Re: Setting Up A Poultry Farm 101( Guidelines ) by Prosperousman(m): 12:11am On Oct 03, 2021
Update

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cattle Rearing In Nigeria: How To Start And Propose The Business / Check Out This Pawpaw / NPK 15:15:15 Fertilizer For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.