Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:21 AM

Do You Think Properties Are Expensive On Nairaland? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Do You Think Properties Are Expensive On Nairaland? (643 Views)

These Properties Are Available For Sale In Enugu / These Properties Are Urgently For Sale 08065144130 / To Let @ Isawo, Agric, Asolo, Agbede In Ikorodu: All These Properties Are Latest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Properties Are Expensive On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 20, 2011
This is an auction site, just like craiglist,ebay. Where stuffs shld be cheap, but posters just bloat up price far frm reality. Then this is a call for us to be modest and fair with prices.Whats ur experience?
Re: Do You Think Properties Are Expensive On Nairaland? by marvel10: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2011
To an extent, greedy estate agents are to blame. I remember going to view some plots of land in Agbara 3 years ago, the agents wanted 190k per plot, the ibale wanted 130k per plot, after meeting me and my posse. My lawyer drove it down further and said if I hadn't shown my face to the ibale, he would have gotten away with 90k per plot.
Is there any logical explanation to why the price almost doubled between the seller and the buyer? Simple. The agent! If you rounded the lot and dropped them into a bonfire, I wouldn't miss em. Fucking magpies, the lot of em'
Re: Do You Think Properties Are Expensive On Nairaland? by afrobaby(f): 10:59am On Jan 20, 2011
I dont think properties on nairaland are expensive, I KNOW they are expensive. The agents are so so greedy that they want to collect even more than the landlord, when a friend of mine told me she was looking for an accommodation and I suggested she checked on nairaland, her response was, nairawhat, those greedy agents and she started mentiong some of the agents that she met via nairaland, they are not only greedy, they are selfish. An agent was called on sunday for an accommodation in Egbeda, he said the rent is 200K per year and landlord wants 1 year payment but we will have to pay #40K for agency fee, #40K for agreement and #30k for damages (wic he claimed is refundable), my fiance , out of anger hunged the phone on the guy, it is really dat bad.I wonder if it is not possible to actually meet with landlords again and negotiate rather than thru this greedy middlemen
Re: Do You Think Properties Are Expensive On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2011
then what should us buyers do to prevent them?
Re: Do You Think Properties Are Expensive On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2011
The problem is that people wanna make millions over night . . . ,
Re: Do You Think Properties Are Expensive On Nairaland? by sheade(f): 1:14am On Jan 22, 2011
Too expensive, can't believe it when I saw an ad for a property listed for 100,000,000 naira. I still wonder how these "greedy" agents comes up with their prices

(1) (Reply)

Security Gate Needed / Pearly Gate Estate, Ikota / 2 Bedroom Apartment Needed In Festac,amuwo Odofin,ijesha Areas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.