Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year (5117 Views)

Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. / The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. / University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by SEFAGO(m): 1:52am On Jan 21, 2011
The grand total of all graduating students in the university this year academic session is 8,209; the College of Medicine 243, Faculty of Business Administration 355, Engineering 403, Law 248, Pharmacy 89. The School of Postgraduate Studies had PhD 76, Masters Degree 2,875, PGD 265.

Just curious only 76 PhDs- is that in a year? WOW, thats like the incoming class for one decently sized PhD program
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by Becomrichn: 2:00am On Jan 21, 2011
Sagamite , people are here to relax. Dont you see me write pinkin english. That what I write all the time. It does not mean I dont know how to write english. This is the internet and a website for nigerian. I want all readers to understand me very well, because in Nigeria most people speak pingin.

That why i wonder about you people, if you are really Nigerian. I know nigerian love speaking pingin. people are lazy written on the internet my friend. they just came back from work. And dont have time to be english teacher.
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by fstranger1: 2:02am On Jan 21, 2011
Becomrichn:

Sagamite , people are here to relax. Dont you see me write pinkin english. That what I write all the time. It does not mean I dont know how to write english. This is the internet and a website for nigerian. I want all readers to understand me very well, because in Nigeria most people speak pingin.

That why i wonder about you people, if you are really Nigerian. I know nigerian love speaking pingin. people are lazy written on the internet my friend. they just came back from work. And dont have time to be english teacher.

SEFAGO

I really need you to respond to this.

This is way way way beyond my non-Mensa brain
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by SEFAGO(m): 2:22am On Jan 21, 2011
^ I said I have a mensa brain, not that I am a quantum cryptographer undecided
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by Becomrichn: 2:28am On Jan 21, 2011
That really a high number of people having Masters Degree 2,875.  That new in Nigeria. The truth is, most people go back if they cant find jobs.

I believe the solution in Nigeria should be entrepreneurship program. This is what we lack. I remember many years ago, when I came to canada. I know someone who when he graduate from the university, never send a resume to anyone. He started his own business.  He is doing very well.
He lives in an half a million dollar house. he own two officers in two different location. While at that time. I was just coming from Nigeria. I just started looking for a job. and I was worry for him, because i had the nigeria mentally.

70% of black people in the USA own thier business. Can you imagine 70%.

What we have to do is run entrepreneurship program.  And get them bank loan to start thier own business.  They would employ other nigerian with time.  Imagine if the  2,875 post graduate student employ 100 people. That is  287500 people.

If I was the president. i am going to  give them loan and they would start business. This business in time would do well. I remember been on nigeria villages square many years ago, and philip adekunle was so oppose to new universities in Nigeria at that time. And I remember saying something. That it is just a matter of time before they become big.

I would love to start a university in Nigeria but I cant give bribe  to get a licence. If they can give me the licence for free, I would start a university in Nigeria. I want to do it. But I cant give bribe. This is one of the reason I find nigeria a hard country. i cant give bribe. I just cant do it.

Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:05am On Jan 21, 2011
Becomrichn:

That really a high number of people having Masters Degree 2,875.  That new in Nigeria. The truth is, most people go back if they cant find jobs.

I believe the solution in Nigeria should be entrepreneurship program. This is what we lack. I remember many years ago, when I came to canada. I know someone who when he graduate from the university, never send a resume to anyone. He started his own business.  He is doing very well.
He lives in an half a million dollar house. he own two officers in two different location. While at that time. I was just coming from Nigeria. I just started looking for a job. and I was worry for him, because i had the nigeria mentally.

70% of black people in the USA own thier business. Can you imagine 70%.

What we have to do is run entrepreneurship program.  And get them bank loan to start thier own business.  They would employ other nigerian with time.  Imagine if the  2,875 post graduate student employ 100 people. That is  287500 people.

If I was the president. i am going to  give them loan and they would start business. This business in time would do well. I remember been on nigeria villages square many years ago, and philip adekunle was so oppose to new universities in Nigeria at that time. And I remember saying something. That it is just a matter of time before they become big.

I would love to start a university in Nigeria but I cant give bribe  to get a licence. If they can give me the licence for free, I would start a university in Nigeria. I want to do it. But I cant give bribe. This is one of the reason I find nigeria a hard country. i cant give bribe. I just cant do it.

I doff my hat to you sir.

Becomrich- a big mapper, but an even bigger thinker. And a man of principle, to boot.
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by Jarus(m): 10:07am On Jan 21, 2011
Becomrich, from BATU ENGLISH to PINKIN ENGLISH. I hail o
grin grin grin grin
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by Bawss1(m): 10:09am On Jan 21, 2011
^^^
Are you trying to mess with the King of Canada and NL's foremost cartographer? shocked
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by Jarus(m): 10:16am On Jan 21, 2011
^
No sir. How can I mess with the creator of two versions of English?
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by semid4lyfe(m): 10:45am On Jan 21, 2011
People settle and do "runs" to get a first class degree in Unilag? . . .the same one I got my 1st & 2nd degrees from? Jesus! shocked Wetin I nor go read for Nairaland sef? LWKMDFH grin grin

Make I just commot fingers on top my keyboard cos I dey vex and things wey I go post go dey very "unmodly"

By the way, this thread belongs in the Education section
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by semid4lyfe(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2011
I don't know any of these first class graduates but I can vouch for [i]ALL Unilag first class graduates and 99% of it's 2.1 graduates[/i]
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by chei: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2011
The University of Lagos is doing a good job. I wish my school would emulate them for a minute. Hoarding first class degrees in a bad academic system isn't reasonable.
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by chamber2(m): 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2011
All this crap about people bribing their ways through the university is becoming worrisome.It has even gotten to the extent that we no longer have confidence in our very best.God forbid.I still doubt if anybody can bribe himself through to make a first class,not in Unilag. I think handwork and diligence should always be encouraged, and the culture of baseless criticisms be stopped.If one makes a third class,no way.You manage to make 2.2,hahaha you are out. And then,2.1 oh!you sorted. Now,everyone is on 1st class graduates again. If these grades are actually easy to get as every one believes,i think we will crave to have them.
With an average study of 8 hours/day I could not make a first class. My people, e no easy ooo. Also, remember your 1st,2.1 etc depends to a significant extent on the materials you are exposed to and the nature of your lecturers.

Lets encourage them
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by fstranger1: 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2011
chamber2:

All this crap about people bribing their ways through the university is becoming worrisome.It has even gotten to the extent that we no longer have confidence in our very best.God forbid.I still doubt if anybody can bribe himself through to make a first class,not in Unilag. I think handwork and diligence should always be encouraged, and the culture of baseless criticisms be stopped.If one makes a third class,no way.You manage to make 2.2,hahaha you are out. And then,2.1 oh!you sorted. Now,everyone is on 1st class graduates again. If these grades are actually easy to get as every one believes,i think we will crave to have them.
With an average study of 8 hours/day I could not make a first class. My people, e no easy ooo. Also, remember your 1st,2.1 etc depends to a significant extent on the materials you are exposed to and the nature of your lecturers.

Lets encourage them

With the way you write, I am shocked you went to Uni.
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2011
This fstranger sef, nawa for u oo. Err, were u not d one who wanted to commit painless suicide? I can now understand your frustration!
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by luvola(m): 9:33pm On Jan 21, 2011
Lasu can never produce 5 1st class talk less of 119.it seems state univ produce less 1st class than fed univ
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by Abali1(m): 1:10am On Jan 22, 2011
I can't really talk about other schools, but UNILAG(at least I have my first and second degrees from there).
There is no way you can hope to bribe your into gettin a first class in UNILAG. IT IS NOT ABOUT CONNECTION.
There are certain people in that school who will never accept your body(females) or your money in exchange for a academic compensation.
Again before awarding a first class to anyone, it takes the majority of the committee set up for the award of degrees to agree that any particular student deserves a first class.

Academic excellence does not equal practical experience, so some of the first class graduants may not be able to excel in the practical world. Moreover an excellent perfomance in a written examination, does not equate to long term memory.

I have said my piece.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by chamber2(m): 4:43am On Jan 22, 2011

With the way you write, I am shocked you went to Uni.

Well,I am yet to discover what you found unpleasant with my writing style or maybe you derive joy in e-fighting,if the later is the case i will refer you to the zoo.People like you are the ''never do wells'' who place no value on the achievements of others.
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by fstranger1: 4:54am On Jan 22, 2011
chamber2:

Well,I am yet to discover what you found unpleasant with my writing style or maybe you derive joy in e-fighting,if the later is the case i will refer you to the zoo.People like you are the ''never do wells'' who place no value on the achievements of others.

ok!

you know me far too well!
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by Gakin95: 6:56am On Jan 22, 2011
unilag is no doubt one of the best unis in 9geria but their producing 119 1st class is inconceivable to me. i can vouch that only like 40-45% of the 119 can make 1st class in oau. No wonder i saw a vacancy requesting for 1st class holder or 2.1 in OAU.
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by manie(m): 10:32am On Jan 22, 2011
Gakin95:

unilag is no doubt one of the best unis in 9geria but their producing 119 1st class is inconceivable to me. i can vouch that only like 40-45% of the 119 can make 1st class in oau. No wonder i saw a vacancy requesting for 1st class holder or 2.1 in OAU.

I beg what is the name of the company that placed the vacancy.
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by Joseph28: 8:09am On Jun 05, 2012
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by karatewoman: 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2012
Congrats 2 em...I knw they workd hard 4 it dts y they av it. I'm a student of UNILAG n I knw it takes a lot of hardwork 2 av a 1st class. Kudos!!!
Re: Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year by africandictator(m): 10:40am On Mar 06, 2015
Rhino5dm:
this unilag sef! shocked shocked

i reckon they should have a school of first class and first class studies grin

hmm. keep on producing half baked first class graduate that cant even operate INEC DDC registration machines.

arrannnt nonsense!!! 119 first class ko, 119 third class ni.
idiot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ļady Ćlaim§ That Âfrica Đesert Dusts Are Reaching Čaribbëan, That Means Āfrica A / 4 Things May Happen If ASUU Disobeys The Court / They Caught Him Cheating In Jamb Exam Hall, See His Reaction (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.