Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,650 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Phd/doctorate Degrees Discussion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Phd/doctorate Degrees Discussion (508 Views)

Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / 2014 : PTDF Gives 217 Students Masters, Doctorate Degrees Scholarships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phd/doctorate Degrees Discussion by oradilo: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2011
I propose to start a thread on discussions on the value of PhDs and Doctorate degrees. Some PhDs take up to at least 3/4 years of intensive research. Is it worth the time and effort?

Having just completed my masters degree, I'm considering pursuing a phd out of my passion for teaching and research. But in the context of the Nigerian situation, is this a worthwhile venture? What are the benefits of and odds against having a phd degree?

Please let all in the house who are either interested in a phd or currently pursuing one comment on this.
Re: Phd/doctorate Degrees Discussion by gershal(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2011
Dr Donut, i'm sorry if i got your name spelt wrongly. I no your won't be reading this cause you're much too busy looking for whom to SCAM. You've talent use it in something positively productive. Take care of yourself and Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Esut Strike Is All Over / Fupre Resume / Project Topics And The Materials For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.