Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

How To Retrieve Your Money In Case You Have Been Scammed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Retrieve Your Money In Case You Have Been Scammed (481 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Retrieve Your Money In Case You Have Been Scammed by tunjijones(m): 11:31am On May 31, 2020
I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text).

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK *(anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org).* this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money In Case You Have Been Scammed by Bixwix: 11:38am On May 31, 2020
This is actually insightful.sometimes u wonder how this guy's do this thing.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money In Case You Have Been Scammed by Hoodbilonia: 12:27pm On May 31, 2020
Scam.
See dia fake alias email
U can never get your money back.
Visit youtube.
Beware of scammers on nairaland
Scam email address wey i fit create
Foolish OP scammer
God punish u baztard

The OP is a scammer
And would ask u for money
Just like those fake iphone ipad story from uk
Where fake customs go demand money.
OP u are a learner
Scammer
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money In Case You Have Been Scammed by tunjijones(m): 3:32pm On May 31, 2020
Hoodbilonia:
Scam.
See dia fake alias email
U can never get your money back.
Visit youtube.
Beware of scammers on nairaland
Scam email address wey i fit create
Foolish OP scammer
God punish u baztard

The OP is a scammer
And would ask u for money
Just like those fake iphone ipad story from uk
Where fake customs go demand money.
OP u are a learner
Scammer

You are a big fool. Very stupid fool at that. I saw this somewhere and I feel someone might need it here on nairaland and I posted it here and you call me a scammer? You are the kind of pple that wld make someone not to want to help at all.

Am so angry I swear. If I fit see I face to face I dnt even know what I wld do to you.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money In Case You Have Been Scammed by kabillionaire(m): 7:31pm On May 31, 2020
tunjijones:

You are a big fool. Very stupid fool at that. I saw this somewhere and I feel someone might need it here on nairaland and I posted it here and you call me a scammer? You are the kind of pple that wld make someone not to want to help at all.

Am so angry I swear. If I fit see I face to face I dnt even know what I wld do to you.

don't you see the moniker?

(1) (Reply)

Mixed-reactions As D’banj Rape Accuser Debunks Arrest / Just Before You Start Blaming On Yahoo Boys / Petrol Station Explodes In City Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.