Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,993 members, 7,859,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:48 PM

307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) (47941 Views)

304 New COVID-19 Cases, 242 Discharged And 14 Deaths On August 4 -(15,088 Test) / 587 New COVID-19 Cases, 344 Discharged And 14 Deaths On June 17 - (2207 Tested) / 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 1240 Tested, 140 Discharged And 3 Deaths On May 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by Angelawhite(m): 10:16am On Jun 01, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
this NCDC no dey shame ni? grin grin

una yansh don blow open tey tey, una still dey wear wrapper cover am.

I fit bet my dick cap say the real cases in Nigeria no reach 10% of the total cases as at today.

you niggas should stop posting nonsense for person like me wey get sense.

Oya, make una confess. where una see the 14 new covid-deaths?

grin grin

mumu people.

A foolish fly follows the corpse to the grave
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by propertymania: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2020
The figures keep going up everyday especially in Lagos.I sincerely hope this is not a big time scam as insinuated by some people.
Meanwhile check out a system that pays you wella during this lockdown and make you forget about this satanic result from NCDC.
https://rgyvideon.club/845555451698601/
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by Investnow2017: 11:42am On Jun 01, 2020
propertymania:
The figures keep going up everyday especially in Lagos.I sincerely hope this is not a big time scam as insinuated by some people.
Meanwhile check out a system that pays you wella during this lockdown and make you forget about this satanic result from NCDC.
https://rgyvideon.club/845555451698601/

And you think this your system that pays is not a scam. You want people to believe you, and you can't believe the obvious undecided

1 Like

Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by tgirlblaze(f): 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Liposure:
minus me. Speak 4 yourself madam suya

Dey thr dey deceive ursef MR SPECIAL CANDIDATE..minus me nko multiply me ni grin
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by Liposure: 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
tgirlblaze:

Dey thr dey deceive ursef MR SPECIAL CANDIDATE..minus me nko multiply me ni grin
stay away from her
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by Proudlytips: 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
oh
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by Investnow2017: 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
SirWarlock:
As usual people here are waiting for people close to them to contract it grin

I always appreciate your contributions to Covid-19 thread on NL. I am just curious though. Have you noticed? Though reports of new cases are still quite high worldwide, the death rates have steadily reduced.
And I find some similarities between the Covid-19 experiences of Ghana and those of Nigeria, although Ghana is doing reasonably better in terms of management overall. Ghana and Nigeria have very very infinitesimal figures of serious/critical patients. While Ghana has less than 5, Nigeria as a whole with it's over 6,000 active cases has just 7 cases of patients in serious condition. Which means that a vast majority of reported confirmed cases are mild to moderate. This explains why recovery rates are quite high.
That said, why does Nigeria report more deaths? What this statistics may portend is my cause for worry. The statistics tells me that reported deaths are basically of those who may have succumbed to this virus outside the isolation centres. Indicating that there is a general apathy on the part of patients with Covid-19 cases not showing up for testing until their situation has become critical or only reported posthumously in case of fatality.
There are no less than 3 prominent Nigerians that have succumbed to this Covid-19 whose deaths were simply shrouded for what reason I really cannot tell.
While the death rates have substantially reduced worldwide, because of the unwarranted stigma attached to this virus in this clime, I see this trend of carriers of prominent status in Nigeria raising the fatality figures unless they come clean with their status. One other reason will be their fear that this virus is not even better managed outside Africa, afterall and so would not be inclined to take advantage of medical trip outside our shores.
All said, reducing this pandemic to a scam is a great disservice to right thinking concerned individuals anywhere. Attaching a stigma to it is even worse. That will be a great disadvantage going forward. You noticed 14 deaths were reported yesterday while critical cases on NCDC watch are only less than 10. Sad.

2 Likes

Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by anytexy: 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
bluefilm:
Nonsense. angry
ISeconded!
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by OKTolu: 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hmmmmm na waoo
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by Sologzy(m): 3:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lagos just dey win league.. FCT nd KANO dey vex na the matter we dey settle since ooo.
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by ChiefS(m): 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
You can visit the isolation centres and hospitals to see things for yourselves. The results may not be 100% accurate but a fair reflection of confirmed cases based on our limited testing capacity and the general inefficiencies in our healthcare system. Its better to believe the disease exists and take safety measures than to live carelessly and get infected. Not every infected person is lucky. Majority of those discharged are those with mild cases.

[[s]font=Lucida Sans Unicode][
quote author=emeernest post=90182255]But why can't NCDC show videos (& if possible interviews) of the sick patients in isolation centers even if their faces are blurred?
[/font]
At least to convince all the doubting Thomas.

Until then, Covid-19 in Nigeria remains a scam to many.
[/quote][/s]
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by AsiwajuAsatheo: 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
Saintinoo:

They will call you ignorant for asking this question..
Maybe NCDC forgot to add the number of samples tested for the day.

Even after almost 20 hrs after the result's release, they still haven't corrected it. I think they now know that we know their daily numbers na scam nd we don't care anymore.
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by Joshforeal: 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
tgirlblaze:
Me I can't coman kill mysef untop covid 1.9...ve deprived mysef of eating my favourite (suya) since march..but nw man pikin dey eat anything eatable! Las las we all go get am ni" let the strongest stay alive bikonu undecided
That's my girl. When you dey my side of Lasgidi I go carry you go ram suya joint. Thunder Fire Nigerian Corona Development Company (NCDC)...

1 Like

Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by dantajay: 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2020
How are they getting this result I did my own test since last week I have even gotten my own result yet.
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by YemyTemmy: 9:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
See the way their scamdemic works, they always release half of new cases daily, lets us all observe this trend
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by SirWarlock: 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2020
Investnow2017:

I always appreciate your contributions to Covid-19 thread on NL. I am just curious though. Have you noticed? Though reports of new cases are still quite high worldwide, the death rates have steadily reduced.
And I find some similarities between the Covid-19 experiences of Ghana and those of Nigeria, although Ghana is doing reasonably better in terms of management overall. Ghana and Nigeria have very very infinitesimal figures of serious/critical patients. While Ghana has less than 5, Nigeria as a whole with it's over 6,000 active cases has just 7 cases of patients in serious condition. Which means that a vast majority of reported confirmed cases are mild to moderate. This explains why recovery rates are quite high.
That said, why does Nigeria report more deaths? What this statistics may portend is my cause for worry. The statistics tells me that reported deaths are basically of those who may have succumbed to this virus outside the isolation centres. Indicating that there is a general apathy on the part of patients with Covid-19 cases not showing up for testing until their situation has become critical or only reported posthumously in case of fatality.
There are no less than 3 prominent Nigerians that have succumbed to this Covid-19 whose deaths were simply shrouded for what reason I really cannot tell.
While the death rates have substantially reduced worldwide, because of the unwarranted stigma attached to this virus in this clime, I see this trend of carriers of prominent status in Nigeria raising the fatality figures unless they come clean with their status. One other reason will be their fear that this virus is not even better managed outside Africa, afterall and so would not be inclined to take advantage of medical trip outside our shores.
All said, reducing this pandemic to a scam is a great disservice to right thinking concerned individuals anywhere. Attaching a stigma to it is even worse. That will be a great disadvantage going forward. You noticed 14 deaths were reported yesterday while critical cases on NCDC watch are only less than 10. Sad.
Thanks but I appreciate yours more. Concerning deaths I think that's due to increased knowledge about treatment and management of the virus. Reason why first observers like Italy, Iran, Spain experienced hell. Why we seem unbothered by our curve and trajectory I don't know. Our testing inconsistent, recoveries clearly not matching new infections, they didn't really enact things during the lockdown and now people have virtually opened everywhere. Concerning deaths, they don't even give us details about that. Honestly I hope they don't think it's by dropping figures and call it a day undecided.

I think this month will actually shed light on covid in Africa. I remember WHO projecting the continent to be the world epicenter by July and frankly wouldn't want to see that happen. But I could see US becoming world epicenter again after what's happened there.

BTW keep it up with your contributions and analysis. Really enjoy them as sometimes the news are too much to find unlike the way you present them. And may I ask where you got the data on critical patients? Browsed through the ncdc site and couldn't find anything like that.
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by Investnow2017: 12:08am On Jun 02, 2020
SirWarlock:
Thanks but I appreciate yours more. Concerning deaths I think that's due to increased knowledge about treatment and management of the virus. Reason why first observers like Italy, Iran, Spain experienced hell. Why we seem unbothered by our curve and trajectory I don't know. Our testing inconsistent, recoveries clearly not matching new infections, they didn't really enact things during the lockdown and now people have virtually opened everywhere. Concerning deaths, they don't even give us details about that. Honestly I hope they don't think it's by dropping figures and call it a day undecided.

I think this month will actually shed light on covid in Africa. I remember WHO projecting the continent to be the world epicenter by July and frankly wouldn't want to see that happen. But I could see US becoming world epicenter again after what's happened there.

BTW keep it up with your contributions and analysis. Really enjoy them as sometimes the news are too much to find unlike the way you present them. And may I ask where you got the data on critical patients? Browsed through the ncdc site and couldn't find anything like that.

Thanks. Data from worldometer.
Re: 307 New COVID-19 Cases, 151 Discharged And 14 Deaths On May 31 - (1300 Tested) by lililiu: 3:39am On Jun 02, 2020
My statement was clear, I believe I had #Coronavirus in Nov 2019 and I advocate for antibody testing. I also believe a lot of people in the US had the virus earlier than 1/2020. In no way was I implying it started in the US. I’m merely saying, it was here earlier than claimed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I am Scared O, Have Learnt My Lesson, No More Skin To Skin / Woman Dies After Giving Birth To Quadruplets In Lagos; Was Childless For 7 Years / My Dick Is Bringing Out Pus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.