Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Multilinks Internet Billing Issue - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Multilinks Internet Billing Issue (4013 Views)

Multilinks Balance Check / 3g Multilinks Modem(ev-do) / Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Rightworld(m): 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2011
Hi all, i want to bring to your notice the latest fraud i discover in multilinks internet billing system. I recharge my modem 250hrs, and i use 2hrs that night. The following day i use 7hrs, then when i check my usage info, their fucking system said i have used 56hrs, for modem that have just been recharge exactly 24hrs ago. I immediately call their customer care and explain everything to the person that picked my call, the lady then said i should hold on while she forward the call. Not too long, i heard a man voice, he ask me if i am the only that have access to the modem, i answered how, he said may be someone is using when i'm not around, i said even if someone break into my room and make use of it while i was sleeping, the usage hours should n't have been more than 24hrs. The man then agree with and promise to forward the issue to the appropriate channel. This happen November 28 @ 9:30pm - November 29 9:30. Is it possible to use 56hrs within this period? Till now nothing has been done, the latest is that they cannot trace that history anymore.

Another one just happen this afternoon, and i will like you all to help me. Yesterday night i recharge the same modem, and i use it for 1hrs 35min. Today immediately i connect i check usage info i got usage 2hrs and balance 248hrs, ok. Then i connect @ exactly 7:29am - 12:50pm i wanted to shut down my computer, i then visit their selfcare site to check. the thief system again said i have use 14hrs. On the multilink application where you connect and disconnect the time there is saying 5hrs 26min which is the correct time. I called their customer  care as usual to inform them, the guy that answered said i have it heavily, i okay using it heavily would multiply the time by 2, the guy said that is all he know. So the next step is where your assistant needed. Or is anyone experiencing the same thing? Thanks
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by rodbel(m): 6:41am On Jan 21, 2011
@Rightworld: tot i was the only one xperiencing stuff lyk dat frm multilinks o. And their customer care people makes it worse cos they understand nothing bout the timing on the applicatn. I don tire for them.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 21, 2011
Rightworld:

Hi all, i want to bring to your notice the latest fraud i discover in multilinks internet billing system. I recharge my modem 250hrs, and i use 2hrs that night. The following day i use 7hrs, then when i check my usage info, their bleeping system said i have used 56hrs, for modem that have just been recharge exactly 24hrs ago. I immediately call their customer care and explain everything to the person that picked my call, the lady then said i should hold on while she forward the call. Not too long, i heard a man voice, he ask me if i am the only that have access to the modem, i answered how, he said may be someone is using when i'm not around, i said even if someone break into my room and make use of it while i was sleeping, the usage hours should n't have been more than 24hrs. The man then agree with and promise to forward the issue to the appropriate channel. This happen November 28 @ 9:30pm - November 29 9:30. Is it possible to use 56hrs within this period? Till now nothing has been done, the latest is that they cannot trace that history anymore.

Another one just happen this afternoon, and i will like you all to help me. Yesterday night i recharge the same modem, and i use it for 1hrs 35min. Today immediately i connect i check usage info i got usage 2hrs and balance 248hrs, ok. Then i connect @ exactly 7:29am - 12:50pm i wanted to shut down my computer, i then visit their selfcare site to check. the thief system again said i have use 14hrs. On the multilink application where you connect and disconnect the time there is saying 5hrs 26min which is the correct time. I called their customer  care as usual to inform them, the guy that answered said i have it heavily, i okay using it heavily would multiply the time by 2, the guy said that is all he know. So the next step is where your assistant needed. Or is anyone experiencing the same thing? Thanks     

guy, u too funny grin

i feel ur pain sha, ndo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Rightworld(m): 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2011
rodbel:

@Rightworld: tot i was the only one xperiencing stuff lyk dat frm multilinks o. And their customer care people makes it worse cos they understand nothing bout the timing on the applicatn. I don tire for them.
So, how did you go about it
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by callygood: 8:51am On Jan 22, 2011
I thought i was the only one having this problem. i have stopped recharging the modem. i use 250hrs plan and the rate at which the hours count down, it's very bad. i called the customer line and the lady that picked the call said maybe i didn't log out properly after usage.
The problem is, most of the attendants do not know anything about the modem. They are just there as a camouflage
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by bing(m): 10:11am On Jan 22, 2011
my guy u are right- its pure fraud.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Rightworld(m): 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2011
callygood:

I thought i was the only one having this problem. i have stopped recharging the modem. i use 250hrs plan and the rate at which the hours count down, it's very bad. i called the customer line and the lady that picked the call said maybe i didn't log out properly after usage.
The problem is, most of the attendants do not know anything about the modem. They are just there as a camouflage
Exactly guy. When i got to their office and ask if is possible for someone to use 56hrs on a modem that was recharge 24hrs ago? They can n't answer. and they don't know what to do.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by oluwabamis(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2011
i also have same experience. siince i got d modem injune 2010, there has been no time i ever finished either the hours or the expiry date. i think we could make a formal complaint to ncc as well as consumer rights protection agency.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Rightworld(m): 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2011
oluwabamis:

i also have same experience. siince i got d modem injune 2010, there has been no time i ever finished either the hours or the expiry date. i think we could make a formal complaint to ncc as well as consumer rights protection agency.
That would be nice
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Valto(m): 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2011
they av done dat to me too. u cant use their 100hrs upto 75hr. They keep increasing ur usage time until dey finally run d usage time down. Calling der customer care is just a waste of time. I Swear never to recharge it again.anyway i hav been browsing free with it since 2months.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by amosfunmi(m): 5:04am On Feb 01, 2011
@valtdo, au are u doing that, please let me also enjoy that. they are duping pple and they av done it to me.
I log in having about 15hrs left and log out after few hour i spend. the next morning i tried to connect, "you balance is insufficient''
please find below my e-mail: amosfunmi2010@hotmail.com
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by cabinet: 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2011
i need ip address to work with multilinks networks@ cabinet
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by pappy2000: 11:50pm On Feb 01, 2011
My Friends,I think I can help here,this is how it goes.
After you have finish using the modem make sure you disconnect and remove the modem from the us port,I think this will help.Always remove the modem from the us port.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Valto(m): 12:12am On Feb 03, 2011
@amosfunmi. I am going to help u 4 free,cos der exploitation is too much. Multilinks can keep exploiting but not 4 me.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Rightworld(m): 10:19am On Feb 03, 2011
pappy2000:

My Friends,I think I can help here,this is how it goes.
After you have finish using the modem make sure you disconnect and remove the modem from the us port,I think this will help.Always remove the modem from the us port.
Are you saying if i disconnect and didn't remove the modem, it would continue running?
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by surveycash(m): 11:05am On Feb 03, 2011
I have once had this problem and now it is history, If you are suffering from this, please send me a mail to hassanismail1st@gmail.com with the subject "Re: Multilink Billing Fraud",

Thanks,
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by pappy2000: 12:05am On Feb 04, 2011
Rightworld:

Are you saying if i disconnect and didn't remove the modem, it would continue running?

Pls that is the situation of things now.so do that and you will not regret
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Rightworld(m): 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2011
I thank you all for your responses.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Phony200(m): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2011
SO far so good with them. I usually always check my online billing account to ensure that my hours are still intacts. More than a year now and I haven't had any issues. If you can check your hours before you start browsing and before you disconnect, it'll be nice. AND It doesn't hurt to remove it from the port when it's not in use.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 11, 2011
@phony200 and others, can you please post how we can check our billing/usage account online? Is multilinks fast as we use to know it now that Telcom has gone? I have not recharge for months now ever since i notice their billing fraud. My 50hrs was not yet over before it disconnected and so i want to know from the active and current users if their service is still ok. thanks
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Phony200(m): 1:58pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^ Call customer care and ask for your internet usage time. Ask her you also want your customer number so that you can register online and check there. When you have the customer number, go to the multilinks website and click on SUPPORT, it'll take you to the https://selfcare.multilinks.com/jfn page.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Phony200(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2011
It's still fast, stable and does all I want it to do. I've never suffered any form of wrong billing in more than a year of constant usage so I don't think you have anything to be worried about.
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2011
@Phony200
Thanks a lot for the tips i will try it again as you have directed,
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by earthrealm(m): 4:54am On Mar 15, 2011
so i cant chk my remaining hrs unless i log into my page on their website?
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by pappy2000: 6:40am On Mar 20, 2011
I have uncovered this billing fraud and i want you all to join me in this fight,yesterday I called their agent and she made me to understand that they dont charge per hour rather they charge by files downloaded so she said they dont expect you to use a certain amount of data in a month.Immediately i called the ncc and i am waiting for their response.I want you all to call the ncc and complain.thanks
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:51am On Mar 20, 2011
DOWNLOAD THE LASTEST IWP CALLED
INTERNATIONAL WEB PROXY 3.2.1(A LITTLE BIT BETTER THAN 3.2 VERSION)
Yes to 18G a Month,
Another Yes to 56G three month Browsing,
with just N2000
download everything you need without looking back!!!!
watch and listen to tv,radio
heavy files is nothing with indian web proxy
try,test and see my package is wonderful
add me on facebook with
gej mgbenka ifeanyi
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by bolaaremu(m): 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2011
This is the 2nd time I had to sell my multilinks modems at very cheap prices because of the billing fraud issue.I want to call the Ncc too.Pls let me have their number now!
Re: Multilinks Internet Billing Issue by bolaaremu(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2011
This is the 2nd time I had to sell my multilinks modems at very cheap prices because of the billing fraud issue.I want to call the Ncc too.Pls let me have their number now!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook 8560p Review / ✈✳✅ 12GB Ram (Upgradable to 32gb) LENOVO W540 CORE i7 2GB NVIDIA Graphics / SOLD. USA Used Acer Aspire 5252 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.