Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,808 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Referee Apologizes For Booking Jordan Sancho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Apologizes For Booking Jordan Sancho (387 Views)

Anthony Joshua Congratulates Usyk, Apologizes For His Unruly Act / Breaking - Jordan Sancho To Manchester United Is Now A Done Deal / Amara Kanu Apologizes For Exposing Her Family Issues Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Referee Apologizes For Booking Jordan Sancho by Authoreety: 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
The referee who booked Jardon Sancho for celebrating his goal with "Justice for George" apologized According to Goal . Com official Facebook page - All details shared in this article.

It was a very painful moment for the whole world following the untimely dismissal of George, death that could have been avoided if little carefulness was taken. Ever since this unfortunate incidents, people are all the the global have been craving for justice, many peaceful protests has taken place in many nations, many public figures has condemned the act.

A host of athletes has joined in this campaign, recall last Sunday in Dortmund match against Paderborn (Germany League), Jordan Sancho was booked (shown) yellow card for removing his jersey to celebrate "Justice for George" after he scored the second goal of the match.

Today, the same referee has apologized to the world especially to sports lovers for showing yellow.

See what the referee has to say:

"I felt devastated as I booked him with yellow card but I am following the Football guidelines. I hope that Germany football Association will review and revoke this yellow card. If it was for me I wouldn't have shown card to him but it's my duty. George's death deserves some respect"

Although the match eventually ends with 1 - 6 scoreline in favor of Dortmund, with Jordan Sancho scoring his first senior career hatrick goal. After the yellow from the officiating referee, Sancho was able to find the net for the second and third time. Fans of football, most especially Dortmund fans has expressed displeasure over the card and hope that something will be done timely by the relevant authorities.

Source of Information: https://Goal.com

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Highest Paid Athletes 2020 / Barcelona Release New Away Kit For The 2020/21 Season / Dates For Premier League Mach Days Is Confirmed. See When Your Team Will Play.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.