Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Church Giving And unbiblical Practices - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Giving And unbiblical Practices (375 Views)

UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Giving And unbiblical Practices by rattlesnake(m): 7:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
That's why living in Europe I see their lives far better than ours

There is no Charity on this list

It's just bad

Re: Church Giving And unbiblical Practices by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
You just have to compare that with the first church that the disciples set up.

Acts 4 vs 32-37 (ESV)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
32. Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common.
33. And with great power the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all.
34. There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold
35. and laid it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to each as any had need.
36. Thus Joseph, who was also called by the apostles Barnabas (which means son of encouragement), a Levite, a native of Cyprus,
37. sold a field that belonged to him and brought the money and laid it at the apostles' feet.
The same disciples preached to many nations.
Re: Church Giving And unbiblical Practices by CodeTemplar: 3:31am On Jun 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You just have to compare that with the first church that the disciples set up.

And the disciples reach many nations with their message of Christ
Again you mis-hit your shot.

Same bible in 2 Thess. 3:11-13 Warns us of those who will not aspire to have their own substance because of the opportunity unconditional charity presents.

I can't labour all through planting season and then allow a man show up to claim my harvest under the guise of charity. The scripture you sampled in Acts 4 were result of move of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Church Giving And unbiblical Practices by CodeTemplar: 3:35am On Jun 02, 2020
rattlesnake:
That's why living in Europe I see their lives far better than ours

There is no Charity on this list

It's just bad
So if I pay a charity seed and, another person with a slightly different opinion about charity seed and how they should be used, pays his in also, how should the Church handle the distribution of such ?

People just talk out of devilish ignorance most times.
Re: Church Giving And unbiblical Practices by Kobojunkie: 5:22am On Jun 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Again you mis-hit your shot.

Same bible in 2 Thess. 3:11-13 Warns us of those who will not aspire to have their own substance because of the opportunity unconditional charity presents.
Please, with your eyes and mind open, I ask you to compare the message written by Paul in his 2nd letter to the thessalonians below...

2 Thessalonians 3 vs 11-13
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. We hear that some people in your group refuse to work. They are doing nothing except being busy in the lives of others.
12. Our instruction to them is to stop bothering others, to start working and earn their own food. It is by the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ that we are urging them to do this.
13. Brothers and sisters, never get tired of doing good.
... to the message contained in Acts 4 vs 32-37, and then tell us which of the two is more appropriate for this thread. I want to see if you bothered to read the thread OP before responding to my comment at all.
CodeTemplar:
I can't labour all through planting season and then allow a man show up to claim my harvest under the guise of charity. The scripture you sampled in Acts 4 were result of move of the Holy Spirit.

In Acts 4, we learn that those who were of Christ's church were all led by the Spirit of God Himself in what they did. Now, compare the direction in which the Spirit of God led that church, to the direction in which today's churches are being led... then come back and tell us that God changed His mind. grin

(1) (Reply)

Please I Sincerely Need This For Street Evangelism (image) / Is Prayer Really Useful? / Calling On Arrewa To Explain His Stance On The Quran's Authority With Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.