Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,566 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job (1283 Views)

Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue / Man Sells Fake NSCDC Appointment Letters In Nasarawa State (Photos) / NSCDC Officer Smiling As She Is Arraigned For Employment Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
Day 1

I woke up last Tuesday like every other morning to get ready for work. I checked my phone and I saw a text from a supposed Officer Amos Zuma informing me about a job in NSCDC. Text came in by 12:49am.

Usually, I don't hesitate to delete such text immediately. But this one was different, he mentioned my name and surname correctly spelt. shocked shocked shocked

I decided to play along, cos it wouldn't be bad to understand his format, right? grin I was eager to see to the end and unravel whoever was behind this charade.

I took the first step>>>>>>>>>

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
First thing I did was to run checks on the number via TrueCaller App and the name showed "NCDC Amos" cheesy

Obviously they've upgraded by saving their scam numbers on the app. Whether he meant Nigeria Centre for Disease and Control (NCDC) or he mistakenly omitted the 'S' in NSCDC, we will find out soon grin

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
I replied him and requested for a meeting. Of course I know he wouldn't agree.

Thanks to MTN Nigeria for the ten daily free text messages, it was useful wink. The guy kept insisting I should call but I never did. That wasn't part of my plan grin

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by crown08(m): 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
shocked
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
Day 2

After receiving a call from him on the previous day, he told me he was in Abuja and I'm sure he knew I wasn't in Abuja.

On Wednesday morning, I sent him a text. I had to bring in an imaginary cousin in Abuja to see if he'd agree to meet up, but still.. cheesy

See his savage reply undecided. He asked how we could pay for the forms if we couldn't but airtime to call him angry angry

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
I apologized to Oga Officer before he will get angry and deny me this "government job" cool

I enquired about the costs of the form and he said total was N15,500 shocked

Shortlist form: N6,500
Replacement form: N5,000
Yellow form: N4,000

What a wawuu grin

He called me shortly after his text. I pretended like the amount was too much for my cousin and I, and he suggested that one of us should apply then, since we're low on cash, so to speak cry

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 02, 2020
Here's a tip.This is what I do when I get an unsolicited call from Scammers. - You know the ones na..I Just string them along.Listen quietly and always use "Yes I do" for every question,Forget shouting abuse or using loud Voices.Just let them talk and when they are done talking just say quietly but very clearly 'I really love your voice and the way you talk"I love you,Can we see in Person?. It sounds really weird ooo but keep telling the person Pls I love to see you.if you do it.I guarantee the caller will terminated the Call and never call again.
Then I was Blocking the numbers until I had like 50 numbers on my Blacklist.
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 12:11am On Jun 02, 2020
FrontRunner:
Here's a tip.This is what I do when I get an unsolicited call from Scammers. - You know the ones na..I Just string them along.Listen quietly and always use "Yes I do" for every question,Forget shouting abuse or using loud Voices.Just let them talk and when they are done talking just say quietly but very clearly 'I really love your voice and the way you talk"I love you,Can we see in Person?. It sounds really weird ooo but keep telling the person Pls I love to see you.if you do it.I guarantee the caller will terminated the Call and never call again.
Then I was Blocking the numbers until I had like 50 numbers on my Blacklist.

Hahahaha

I wasn't quick to dismiss him though. Was less busy and needed to kill boredom.
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 12:19am On Jun 02, 2020
The right thing to do was to reach an agreement with my supposed cousin to get the forms, while I wait for batch C. I sent another text, he replied claiming he was busy.

When maga is about to pay you gotta form busy cheesy

Did I mention Officer Amos has a deep voice? Na big man o grin

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 12:21am On Jun 02, 2020
The next day...
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 02, 2020
Hahahahaaaaaaaa LOL.Bros make I lay my head small.Will Check it up later in the day.Stiil Following..Gudnight ooo

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by bluediesel03: 1:31am On Jun 02, 2020
Following....
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by LegendaryLover(m): 4:54am On Jun 02, 2020
"""You can't have regret over something if you never had a choice concerning the issue""".
I think u should be more careful next time as some of them use voodoo. Say after listening to their voice via a phone call, u get mysteriously sucked into the scam, & even end up paying more, u may even use all the money in your account & borrow from friends to complete it. Then get ur senses back after they're done with u.

the best thing to do is just to delete such msg, & save yourself any future 'had i known'.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by Mayng01(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2020
Very risky. I do cut them off with immediate alacrity to avoid being hypnotized with voodoo

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by judgementyard(m): 7:40am On Jun 02, 2020
grin good read pls keep us posted
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
Day 3

The next day was Thursday. Officer Amos must have been overwhelmed with work that he forgot to call me cheesy

I reached out to him as usual (through text of course) concerning the forms. Few minutes later, he called me. The call lasted for 3 minutes 48 secs. Summary of it was that he's delegated someone else to attend to me.

Gentlemen and ladies, introducing, the Admin Officer, Mrs Rose! grin

I moved again to Mrs Rose...

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
LegendaryLover:
"""You can't have regret over something if you never had a choice concerning the issue""".
I think u should be more careful next time as some of them use voodoo. Say after listening to their voice via a phone call, u get mysteriously sucked into the scam, & even end up paying more, u may even use all the money in your account & borrow from friends to complete it. Then get ur senses back after they're done with u.

the best thing to do is just to delete such msg, & save yourself any future 'had i known'.

I understand bro grin

Who knows, maybe that was why he/they insisted I called, but I never did. If it wasn't for the free MTN texts, I wouldn't have bothered, I can't be spending a dime on such mofos.

The idea was for me to understand his format.
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
Mayng01:
Very risky. I do cut them off with immediate alacrity to avoid being hypnotized with voodoo

Voodoo works from a distance I guess grin

When you cut them off, it makes it easier for them to try someone else. I like wasting their time.
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
As usual, I sent a text to Mrs Rose (Admin Officer) immediately. She's got zero chills grin

Madam say she no get time for letter writing cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by Passionate888: 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ok
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 6:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
On discovering I wasn't ready to call, she then called me. The number wasn't registered on True Caller. Guys! The voice was anything but a lady's. Or maybe she was an elderly lady perhaps angry

She then agreed to send a format for the details needed for the form.

It's now between Officer Amos and Mrs Rose, against me and my cousin (fictitious cousin actually wink ) grin
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
I got the format to fill the form from Mrs Rose. She told me Officer Amos would help me in securing two references. Lucky me cheesy

Since it was for my cousin, I delayed the reply on the assumption that she's yet to send in her details.

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
Day 4

I was ready with details I cooked up from random sources to serve as my cousin's personal information. I sent the info to Mrs Rose while awaiting for her next step.

grin grin

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Mrs Rose sent the payment details. You'll notice how she intentionally omitted her account details cheesy
I'll have to call you before you send the account number? Really? grin grin Who knows, maybe the baba they visited for jazz or something, told them their maga must call them to secure the bag cheesy

Also, Mrs Rose introduced another person (name withheld) as her secretary. His job is to fill forms grin Imagine an admin officer with a secretary? No wonder we have many ghost workers doing nothing in civil service undecided

Lemme pretend I didn't see the "congratulations" grin
You're congratulating me for coming this far to your scam? tongue cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
As expected, there would be crowd in banks because of the lock down. Going to bank wasn't an option. Officer Amos called briefly to know how things were going and I updated him.

I then requested for Mrs Rose account number to wire the money and she dropped the aza below at the speed of light cheesy

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
I verified his Fidelity Bank account and discovered his full names are Chukwudi Emmanuel Nwewor grin grin

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Well, since my cousin is the one assumed to be making the payment, I pretended that she wasn't comfortable with the account details, as she was expecting account name as Mrs Rose we've been dealing with, not a new contact.

One thing with this scammers is that they can be hot tempered cheesy

See how he's already losing his cool grin

At a point, he/they called me but I was too busy to pick up. That's why I texted that they should call me wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
After confirming the account number, it's time to initiate payment wink
You wouldn't want to miss the deadline for a govt job, right? grin

During the calls, I told Mrs Rose I'll do the payment on behalf of my cousin, she said no probs and reminded me of the deadline. We move to the following day grin

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
Day 5

On this beautiful Saturday morning, it's about time for payment. I composed a typical Fidelity Bank debit alert and forwarded to him. I left a reasonable account balance wink as a young man that I am cheesy grin

I even added tip of N2,000. I can be that generous cool wink
Total was N17,500 sent

I'm sure he was already thinking of how to order chilled Goldberg with fish pepper soup with my money grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 12:09am On Jun 03, 2020
About three hours later, I had 6 missed calls from Mrs Rose and one from Officer Amos. I watched the phone ring while savouring my lunch grin

I'm sure Mr Chukwudi Emmanuel Nwewor would be excited and confused at the same time wink

He could have taken a bike to the nearest ATM for withdrawals grin

Since then I haven't heard from them angry angry

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by XtraSmooth404: 12:13am On Jun 03, 2020
@lalasticlala
Re: My Experience With A Fake NSCDC Officer For A Job by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 03, 2020
Interesting,I bet Some peeps Will fall for This.Imagine because someone called your full name and maybe your Church,You are already running to the Bank to pay some #15500 for a purposeless cause.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandit Using Hoof To Disguise As Cow Foot Track(picture / Two Suspected Cultists Arrested With Gun And Indian Hemp In Edo / We Lured A POS Agent With The Help Of His Sales Girl & Burnt Him Alive- Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.