Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,180 members, 7,864,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:19 AM

Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? (32312 Views)

Majek Fashek Buried In The U.S / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
Reagge was a hit.... Send down the rain..

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by frozen70(f): 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
He was a super artist

He was excellent in what he does best

We may not have another like him

Rest in peace

5 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Richy4(m): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
I'm not so sure. I guess he was the one that sang free Mandela

Now now now now, colonial master
Heey eeeeeee free Mandela

3 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Karleb(m): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
Little patience.
Shall be over.
Holy Spirit.
Sugar Daddy, Sugar Mummy.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by burnaboy2010: 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
send down the rain everytime

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by cardoso514: 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
Send down the rain!
Holy Spirit

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Zyzxx10: 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
yaki84:

Nigeria is paying 21dolls for every barrel of crude drilled you are here talking of majek fashek.
Do u know that oil is the mainstay of this economy and any thing that affects it, we r doom?
Even if it sells for a 100million dollars per barrel won't it go down the drain as usual?This is a thread to honour a legend so you can take your grievances elsewhere.

11 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Gee64: 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
Is Majek dead?
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by kayjay69(m): 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
I love all his songs but the one that makes me have goose pimples is "Send down the rain."
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Abeyjide: 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
I could remember when he came to radio kwara in ilorin in 80s courtesy of Dan Kazeem and he gave we kids jenka chewing gum. we were shouting send down the rain.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by izibili44: 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
If you see mummy water make you never run away. Am I on track. > grin grin grin grin grinsad grin.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by martineverest(m): 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
oyoyo And send down the rain

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by MoIbrahim: 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
All of the first album - Prisoner of Conscience

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by lawani: 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
I come from the ghetto. No one knows tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
Send down the rain.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by psalmuelwater(m): 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
Tpave:
The greatest Nigerian reggae artist is gone. RIP sir.
I'm Not Tired
Majek Fashek
Wa yeh
Wa yeh
Aya bia oo
Aya bia oo
Aya bia oo
Aya bia oo
They am tired
But am not tired
It's only a dead man is tired
Dead man is tired
Give me the power to carry on your word
Aya bia oo
Aya bia oo
Aya bia oo
Look at the bird in the sky they are flying so high
They neither sow not reap
But they got the freedom of the soul
See the children Playing around in the street
They don't have no evil intention
The wicked people they still prosper in a this world
Lord lord lord lord
I want you to answer my question now
But why can't the righteous run through creation triumphantly
Eh
Can the dead raise you no way
But the living man yes I
But the living soul yes I
Aya bia oo
Aya bia oo
Ayla bia oo
Can the dead raise jah no way
But the living man yes I
Aya bia oo
Aya bia oo
Wa yeh
Wa yeh
Life is just one big rocky road
Only the fittest of the fittest shall survive yeh
You will stumble and you will fumble and then you will crumble
If you believe in the lord
You'll never fall down
Life is too short I won't look back
Life is too short why should you look back
Cos if you look back you will lose track
Life is too short I won't look back
Cos I know cos I know
I will stumble and crumble and start to crumble
But I believe in the lord
I'll never fall down
Can the dead raise you no way but the living soul yes I
But the living man yes I
Aya bia oo
Aya bia oo
Aya bia oo
Aya bia oo
Can the dead raise you but the living man yes I
Can the dead praise you? NO WAY, but the living soul , Yes I.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by psalmuelwater(m): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Richy4:
I'm not so sure. I guess he was the one that sang free Mandela

Now now now now, colonial master
Heey eeeeeee free Mandela
Now now now now.
Magaret Thatcher, ye ye ye Free Madiba!.
Yes he sang it.

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by psalmuelwater(m): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Almost all his songs are classics because of the rich lyrical content. ... unlike the rubbish we hear today by one kid & the other African Giant cheesy
African giant abi Iyana Ipaja Giant.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by alphaNomega: 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
Honestly I don't know any of this man's songs
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by salford1: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
martineverest:
oyoyo And send down the rain
The track is called Mother and not oyoyo grin

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by ikorodureporta: 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
psalmuelwater:
African giant abi Iyana Ipaja Giant.
Iyana Ipaja Lucky Dube cheesy
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by martineverest(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
salford1:

The track is called Mother and not oyoyo grin
no mind me o....I knew the song like 24 years ago,I don't even know the track name
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by dominique(f): 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
As a kid Send Down The Rain was my favorite but as I grew older and started grasping lyrics better, I realized that So Long had deeper lyrics. RIP Majek sad

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
AllenSpencer:
So Long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXQwEz8zMvE

The message in that song to Africans is one of a kind... He had a vision of what Africans needed to do and where to be amongst the continents. Solid music.

5 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by salford1: 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
frozen70:
He was a super artist

He was excellent in what he does best

We may not have another like him

Rest in peace
He was a genius too.
His lyrics, his ensemble, his back up singers, his vocals. Everything was up there.

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Eeyah. So he is dead now. So sad. He really struggled to live.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Bluehill1051: 3:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
Why o o, shanana shanana ooo

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by FastestGirl: 3:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
so long
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by StUriah(m): 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
Redemption song remix is the best

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Cowmilk(m): 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
So long, Too Long
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by K08(m): 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Holy Spirit

RIP Majek Fashek.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by DennisEche(m): 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
No more Sorrow, No More Pain. RIP Majek

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Imitating Michael Jackson At 14 (Pictures) / Bisola Reunites With Iyanya; Signs New Management Deal (Photos) / Femi kuti shares adorable Photos Of His Chubby Daughters And Their Puppies..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.