Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,050 members, 7,863,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

These Books Will Make You Fall In Love With African Fantasy Novels --dear Weekly - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / These Books Will Make You Fall In Love With African Fantasy Novels --dear Weekly (539 Views)

Learn How To Write Engaging Fantasy Novels For Free (A Golden Opportunity) / Who Loves Paranormal And Fantasy Novels? / Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Books Will Make You Fall In Love With African Fantasy Novels --dear Weekly by sosa993: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
I know a lot of Nigerians who prefer movies to books for reasons best known to them.

Still, I wonder if it's because they've never really found a very good African story to read. That's why I put together the list of books I have read. And yes, there are African fantasy novels that are great!

1 Like

Re: These Books Will Make You Fall In Love With African Fantasy Novels --dear Weekly by sosa993: 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
The Icarius Girl

Helen Oyeyemi is a Nigerian author that combined Nigerian and Greek mythology in her first novel. Never seen something filled with horror and also fantasy elements and still blend so well.

Re: These Books Will Make You Fall In Love With African Fantasy Novels --dear Weekly by sosa993: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
Akata witch

Nnedi Okorafor was born in the united states to two Nigerian parents and her love for Igbo fantasy is not surprising. This story is a combination of juju, rituals (the blood money type), and Nigerian festivals all blended into a fabulous YA fantasy story.

https://dearweekly..com/2020/06/these-books-will-make-you-fall-in-love.html?m=1

Re: These Books Will Make You Fall In Love With African Fantasy Novels --dear Weekly by sosa993: 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
Freshwater

Akwaeke Emezi is a Nigerian author who created this master piece called Freshwater. This story explores multiple personality disorder, mental health and sexual assault. Let's not forget gender identity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Books Will Make You Fall In Love With African Fantasy Novels --dear Weekly by sosa993: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
Blackass

This story by Igoni Barrett definitely looks interesting and it's also his first novel. Okay… here is the weird part of the story: Wariboko is black until he turns to a white man when he went for an interview. Oh, a part of his body was left as black though and that his is ass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Books Will Make You Fall In Love With African Fantasy Novels --dear Weekly by sosa993: 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Children of blood and bones

This debut by Tomi Adeyemi actually shook the book industry in 2018. This story is a Nigerian fantasy mythological story that centers around a world of magic. It's like killing two birds with a stone because it has a deeper meaning. Social injustice!

https://dearweekly..com/2020/06/these-books-will-make-you-fall-in-love.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Books Will Make You Fall In Love With African Fantasy Novels --dear Weekly by sosa993: 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Coast Guard Sees Something Moving In The Water When They Look More Closely They / Hello / My Love, My Billioniare || Romance (ep 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.