Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Snow [haiku] - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Snow [haiku] (486 Views)

Old Pond (a Haiku) / Hunger (A Haiku) / A Collection Of Haiku And Other Poems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snow [haiku] by Aiyamrex(m): 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Winter whelming breeze
postboxes covered in white
flowing rivers freezed

#folorunsho_Iyanuoluwa
Re: Snow [haiku] by joseph1832(m): 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
Aiyamrex:
Winter breeze
rivers freezed

#folorunsho_Iyanuoluwa
how is this a haiku?
Re: Snow [haiku] by Aiyamrex(m): 6:48am On Jun 03, 2020
joseph1832:
how is this a haiku?

i posted this same poem in allpoetry some minutes before i did here without the inscription 'HAIKU' Kevin himself and 5 others made a comment using the word haiku. . .
same applicable when i posted it in FFP forums, Davidf and 2 others used the word haiku to compliment the poem.

so to your question. . .
its an haiku because it follows the mora of 5-7-5 phrases.
howbeit, nt all haikus follows the 5,7,5 procedure, nt all. . . So can u tell me why its nt an haiku please?
Re: Snow [haiku] by joseph1832(m): 8:20am On Jun 03, 2020
Aiyamrex:

i posted this same poem in allpoetry some minutes before i did here without the inscription 'HAIKU' Kevin himself and 5 others made a comment using the word haiku. . .
same applicable when i posted it in FFP forums, Davidf and 2 others used the word haiku to compliment the poem.

so to your question. . .
its an haiku because it follows the mora of 5-7-5 phrases.
howbeit, nt all haikus follows the 5,7,5 procedure, nt all. . . So can u tell me why its nt an haiku please?
obviously from what you've just said, the people who told you it's a Haiku know little or nothing of what a haiku poem is.

Before I tell you why it's not a haiku, can you please show me the 5,7,5 syllable structure in your supposed haiku?

Thank you.
Re: Snow [haiku] by Aiyamrex(m): 9:06am On Jun 03, 2020
joseph1832:
obviously from what you've just said, the people who told you it's a Haiku know little or nothing of what a haiku poem is.

Before I tell you why it's not a haiku, can you please show me the 5,7,5 syllable structure in your supposed haiku?

Thank you.

thank u sir
you said kevin who lectures people on poetry knows little or nothing about haiku. . . I concur, it may be true.
but u got all wrong when u called a 'mora' syllable
Re: Snow [haiku] by joseph1832(m): 9:09am On Jun 03, 2020
Aiyamrex:

thank u sir
you said kevin who lectures people on poetry knows little or nothing about haiku. . . I concur, it may be true.
but u got all wrong when u called a 'mora' syllable
guy. You did not write a haiku. End of story.

http://shadowpoetry.com/resources/haiku/haiku.html

Read and learn and know your Kevin or whatever his name is knows jack sh1t about haiku.
Re: Snow [haiku] by Aiyamrex(m): 9:19am On Jun 03, 2020
Thanks for the critism, lets check out what your shadowpoetry stores in its containers. . . :p
Re: Snow [haiku] by Aiyamrex(m): 10:12am On Jun 03, 2020
joseph1832:

Read and learn and know your Kevin or whatever his name is knows jack sh1t about haiku.

dear teacher, after surveying your shadowpoetry. . . I have the courage my poem

"winter breeze
rivers freezed"
is a haiku. . .
if you do nt concur, tell me why its nt then i will tell you why it is from the article on the website you gave. . .

i urge you to go learn more about haiku sir, those articles ain't enough for you sir
Re: Snow [haiku] by Aiyamrex(m): 10:17am On Jun 03, 2020
joseph1832:

Thank you.

from the example given from the link u shared

"Winter sun
a cyclist pedals
against the wind"

show me the 5-7-5 syllable structure. . .

then i'll continue why my poem is a haiku
Re: Snow [haiku] by joseph1832(m): 10:20am On Jun 03, 2020
Aiyamrex:

from the example given from the link u shared

"Winter sun
a cyclist pedals
against the wind"

show me the 5-7-5 syllable structure. . .

then i'll continue why my poem is a haiku
go and sit down. You obviously don't know anything and you can't even comprehend simple things.
Re: Snow [haiku] by Aiyamrex(m): 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
joseph1832:
go and sit down. You obviously don't know anything and you can't even comprehend simple things.
dear sir, don't give savage replies 'cus a typical human who probably is not thinking from their belly down deep below will understand my question
Re: Snow [haiku] by Aiyamrex(m): 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
joseph1832:

dubiously correcting what you obviously know zero about. . .

if you are not afraid of your obvious failure and won't wait to sink in your stupor of ITK
then answer where the progression of 5,7,5 syllables is used in your example

(winter sun
a cyclist pedals
against the winds)

if you have another point from this syllable thing, say it. . . But i bet your failure is strangling you now
wink

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Boy / My Rain Of Blessings / I Shed A Tear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.