Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

An 0 level Student Is Confused. Help! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An 0 level Student Is Confused. Help! (380 Views)

Missing OAU Student Is Found Alive (Photo) / WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria / Teacher’s Remark That A Student Is Not Behaving Like A Human Draws Attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An 0 level Student Is Confused. Help! by Plaouse(m): 10:31am On Jun 03, 2020
I write from a juncture of my life in confusion. Please I need every advise I can get, for I'm callow & willing to channel my energy on a straight path so as to avoid walking in circles.
I've always thought of studying architecture in a developed country for my undergrad degree to better my chances in life.
In 2018 I wrote WEAC & NECO. Maths of WEAC states 'CANCELED' on my result due to exam malpractice in my school (which I'm somewhat guilty of); leaving me with Neco. I am willing to rewrite, but paucity of money has withheld me. & what if i succeed, I may not pass with an excellent result after two years hiatus off school - for an excellent result is needed for a good scholarship.
Recently, I discovered that Italy accepts Neco (Great!), but I'm worried; I only just began to learn Italiano - I might falter academically if I choose this route (Italiano is compulsory over there for undergrad degree).
What do I do? Being in-between Nigeria & abroad will get me no where but I hugely want to study abroad.
Re: An 0 level Student Is Confused. Help! by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 10:40am On Jun 03, 2020
Enroll for WAEC,study hard , pass well and go for an English speaking country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An 0 level Student Is Confused. Help! by budaatum: 11:07am On Jun 03, 2020
You remind me of Star Trek.

Space, the final frontier
These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise
Its five year mission
To explore strange new worlds
To seek out new life
And new civilizations
To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Except, you only want to go, but haven't, yet!

Hear yourself: "somewhat guilty", "willing to", "I may not", "I'm worried", "I might falter", "but I hugely want to"!

Do you see any faith in yourself in all that? Does that sound like a person who is "callow (whatever that means!) & willing to channel my energy on a straight path so as to avoid walking in circles"?

First, stop walking in circles! Go do WAEC instead, then apply to universities in Nigeria and abroad. Take whichever comes your way. You never know what you may find if you trully explore new ventures.

And watch some Star Trek!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6R3MiAv9ac
Re: An 0 level Student Is Confused. Help! by Hahjascho(m): 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
Plaouse:

I've always thought of studying architecture in a developed country for my undergrad degree to better my chances in life.

I am willing to rewrite, but paucity of money has withheld me. & what if i succeed, I may not pass with an excellent result after two years hiatus off school - for an excellent result is needed for a good scholarship.
Why do you have to compromise your dreams and goals just for temporal setbacks that are not beyond what you can control?

Your '2 years-off' might not count If you're ready to be focused and 'seriously serious' to start afresh while studying hard to sit for another WAEC exam. Prepare and sit for the WAEC with great commitments and chase your dream, only if you will be able to summount that money problem.

Increase your view towards seeing possibilities in all things... you can!
Re: An 0 level Student Is Confused. Help! by Plaouse(m): 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hahjascho:
Why do you have to compromise your dreams and goals just for temporal setbacks that are not beyond what you can control?

Your '2 years-off' might not count If you're ready to be focused and 'seriously serious' to start afresh while studying hard to sit for another WAEC exam. Prepare and sit for the WAEC with great commitments and chase your dream, only if you will be able to summount that money problem.

Increase your view towards seeing possibilities in all things... you can!

Thank you Sir. I' ll heed your advice.
Re: An 0 level Student Is Confused. Help! by Hahjascho(m): 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
Plaouse:

Thank you Sir. I' ll heed your advice.
It's alright.

(1) (Reply)

WASSCE: Don’t Reopen Schools Until 2021, ASUU Tells FG / UNIBEN JUPEB 2020/2021 Registration | Highly Effective | All You Need To Know / Why Most International Students Will Be Denied Entry Into The Us Fall 2020!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.