Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

How To Answer The "Tell Me About Yourself" Question - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Answer The "Tell Me About Yourself" Question (272 Views)

How To Answer The Dreaded Question "Tell Me About Yourself" In An Interview: / Why Were You Fired: How To Answer The Interview Question / How To Answer The Interview Question "What Is Your Greatest Weakness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Answer The "Tell Me About Yourself" Question by ValourDigest(m): 11:41am On Jun 03, 2020
In a quest to better ourselves as individuals and as men, it is completely normal to go searching for a job. It provides financial security as well as a sense of purpose. However, to get the job, we have to scale through a few hurdles, like the “tell me about yourself” interview question.

While the interview might seem easy, this part can be a bit daunting. This is because the interviewer usually is looking for more than just basic information about how you like bread and beans. You don’t necessarily need to have an existential crisis of “who am I?” However, you do need to be careful. In this article, we’ll be walking you through how best to tackle this behemoth of a question.

HOW DO YOU ANSWER THE “TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF” QUESTION?

As with most things in life that require relating with people, there is no sure way to answer this. Different interviewers are looking for different things in you. Regardless, instead of going off like Eminem in a quest to break his speed record, you can start small. These three segments provide a template for an excellent response.

1. Your Past
You can open your answer with this. Bear in mind that it is a professional setting. Your potential employer does not want to know about the one time you went swimming and saw someone pee in the pool. They’re not quite interested in your teenage online gaming record either.

READ MORE: https://valourdigest.com/a-guide-to-answering-the-tell-me-about-yourself-question-in-an-interview/
Re: How To Answer The "Tell Me About Yourself" Question by Vyzz: 11:44am On Jun 03, 2020
grin

(1) (Reply)

Mini Super Mart / Job Vacancy oxford group / Entertainment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.