Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award (37561 Views)

Victor Osimhen Wins 2023 Nairaland Nigerian Footballer Of The Year Award / Victor Osimhen Wins Serie A Footballer Of The Year / Asisat Oshoala wins Player of the Match after Falcons Beat Korea Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by robosky02(m): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen has been voted as the Player of The Year at his French club Lille.

Osimhen’s emergence as Lille’s best player in the truncated 2019-20 season is not surprising for many going by the spectacular displays of the 21-year old in what is just his maiden campaign in Ligue 1.

Among other feats; Osimhen had scored 18 goals and provided eight assists in all competitions for the French Ligue 1 side, before the outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic disrupted the season.

Victor Osimhen has been named as Lille’s Player of the Year. pic.twitter.com/gsvirjq9WP

— Africa Facts Zone (@AfricaFactsZone) June 2, 2020

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

It is these breathtaking performances that have seen Osimhen be linked with a possible transfer to several top clubs across Europe.

On the list of potential suitors for Osimhen are Napoli, Liverpool and Chelsea who are all said to be willing to pay heavily to lure the striker away from Lille.

Since his record-breaking performance at the 2015 U-17 World Cup, where he scored 10 goals -the most by any player in a single tournament- Osimhen has continued to shoot, despite having a torrid time at Wolfsburg where he was denied enough playing time.

The same way Osimhen has been the toast of fans at his club, he has also been tipped for greatness with the Nigeria national team, the Super Eagles.

Control with the right, finish with the left �. One more ⚽️ for the big man to celebrate �. @victorosimhen9 �� pic.twitter.com/1G2IlLrZu0

— LOSC Lille EN (@LOSC_EN) June 2, 2020

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Already, some have identified Osimhen as the next Rashidi Yekini.

On 14 August, 2019, the coach of the Nigerian National Team, Gernot Rohr, extended an invitation to Osimhen for a friendly against Ukraine that was played on September 10, 2019, in Dnipro Arena, Ukraine, which ended in a 2–2 draw.

He was also included in the Super Eagles team to face Brazil in a friendly match in Singapore on 13 October 2019 and also helped Nigeria to win bronze at the 2019 African Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Before Osimhen’s emergence as the player of the year at Lille, another Nigerian, Simon Moses, had also been crowned Player of the Year, this time by Nantes.

Both Osimhen and Simon have been nominated for the African French Player of The year.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/395887-osimhen-wins-player-of-the-year-award.html

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Nbote(m): 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
He obviously deserved it afta filling in d goals and assists of Nicholas Pepe and dis is jus his first season

Galactico4ever:
Well deserved!Arsenal will soon take him away. grin

I'm an Arsenal fan but God forbid!!!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2020
Osigoal

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Galactico4ever(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
Well deserved!Arsenal will soon take him away. grin

3 Likes

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2020

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
Esan Amaka

35 Likes

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by follsade: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
congratulobia...

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Mpcoll001: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nice one

We make quality bespoke wears... Grab your amazing offers today!
Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Larryallfather(m): 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
Congrats man, more awards, more trophies
Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by oluwatosink: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
Good for him.

Can't wait for football to be back especially premiership.
Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by EbukaHades10(m): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
Normal level but this one that they've slapped 70m ontop his head, make Lille president calm down.

30 Likes

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Racoon(m): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
Congratulations young lad.More heights to attain.
Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Slynation(m): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
This guy will go places...
Barcelona should get this guy for us...

His strength and agility is top_notch
Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Righteousness89(m): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
Osimhen is a Good player..

If He keeps his head Down in Dedication,Humility and Discipline He will Have a Glorious Career...

If He decides to behave like he has Arrived , then he will go the way of ihenacho..

Any Player Especially from Africa that wants to go far must have to Humble himself, Be Dedicated to the Job and Be Disciplined!

22 Likes

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by ODJ124(m): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
congrats to him...

���
Even native doctors are wearing nosemask to consult the gods.
Does the gods av covid-19?�

4 Likes

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by princeade86(m): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
Congratulations to him
Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Arsenal will soon take him away

God forbid bad tin....so he won't win any trophy at his youthful age..I reject it for his enemy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by ReignDigitals(m): 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
Star player
Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by airminem(f): 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
undecided

I love programming. I hate programming jobs generally. If I could program all day I would love my job. But generally I spend more time in meetings and process and chasing down other people's issues and getting stuck when systems I don't control stop working and I can't move forward.

3 Likes

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Jokerman(m): 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
Osimhen > one club legend grin
Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by UrRealG: 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
Starboy
Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Johnedoh: 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
Who God has blessed, no man can course!

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Emmastan291: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
A very big congratulations to him...
His performance in the champions league was good
Re: Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award by Galactico4ever(m): 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
Manpoly:

God forbid bad tin....so he won't win any trophy at his youthful age..I reject it for his enemy
But he fits the player profile for Arsenal and he will be a decent competition for aubemayang.Moreover he will be more exposed and also earn more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses To The USA 72 - 81 / Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United / Kanu Nwankwo And Wife, Amara Celebrate 14th Wedding Anniversary With Cute Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.