Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Rape Controversy In Nigeria (opinion) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape Controversy In Nigeria (opinion) (181 Views)

Controversy In Anambra As Gateman Impregnates 3 Girls At Convent, Suicide Averte / Muslims, Christians Throw Stones In Ilorin Over Kwara Hijab Controversy (VIDEO) / Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rape Controversy In Nigeria (opinion) by sammirano: 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Even though it is appalling to even conceptualize sexually violating another human being and I strongly condemn rape not only in Nigeria but across the board.

We need to address some sets of individuals that are indirectly fueling these occurrences empowering rapists, creating a justification for some of this bastardly acts.

The Auctioneers

These ones are on top of the ladder, they strongly believe in the notion of 'I own my body and I can do with it anyhow I deem fit' it is true to an extent that you own your body, remember the popular quote "There is freedom of speech, but I cannot guarantee freedom after speech." We clearly understand that we are living in unprecedented times, where people use their bodies for virtually anything including influencers (God know what those ones are influencing) Nudity? even though moderation may be ambitious people should know when to draw the line. admittedly, there is no excuse for rapists but you make the case difficult.

The opportunist

As the name implies, they are out to seek the advantage of soiling other people's names for a consented sexual activity for benefits best known to them, it is so disturbing to have these classes of people in our society but it is the reality. The damage caused by these opportunists has a significant impact on the case of genuine rape cases. It will best for all that you (opportunist) desist from this nefarious attitude going forward. We need to address rape cases more strongly.

The Nigeria government are also complicit in motivating these rapists (Criminals), Our laws are as obsolete as Walkman and dangerous as radiation.

More importantly, the people need to rise up and challenge the government of the day to take action, It is only in Nigeria that we use social media for everything, SM is great but beyond that, we need to show the government that we are resilient and forcing them to take is serious. This can only be done on the streets, not someone standing in his garden and holding a placard (Is he mad)? everyone is joining black lives matter even when some haven't seen the US embassy, this is because the blacks there took action.

Please, let us change our tactics although, no one wants to die, sometimes we can only achieve our objective with blood, ask the protesters in the US, there are enough deaths in the protest already.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Rape Controversy In Nigeria (opinion) by Tobinrobin(m): 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
The issue of rape will greatly reduce in Nigeria when we’ve fingerprints of every single Nigerian, medical examiners, proper location grid, stricter laws on rape (since they dismissed castration, what about firing squad if found guilty?) but yet you’re right since we already have some ladies using this rape issue to get back at their exes they might’ve had consensual sex with. Our society needs to do more. It’s 2020 & people still lie about their location. I wonder what the essence of biometrics is to the government if they can’t be used in tackling crimes? But how can such country itself tackle crimes when they keep reducing health budget but have money to renovate house of assembly. It’s a lost battle actually

(1) (Reply)

Watch Emotional Moment White People Went On Their Knees To Ask For Forgiveness / Historic National Protests Demand Sweeping Police Reform In Trump Era / Chukuma Joshua O. Stands Against RAPE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.