Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? (49910 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Damsman10(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
illicit:
I once slept in the open, Harmattan season. It was so cold and the mosquitoes were swarming.... gosh

I do not know howcome I didn't froze

Your English did grin grin

Hmm thank God its all stories now. mesef no fit recount o
From asking one stingy mf for money to living daily on #150/#100, I would gladly drink garri till 5PM to buy the Bread and Beans I so much cherish and I will sleep a happy man.

Thank God.
If you are still in these shoes, just know that e go soon turn to stories. Don't go dubious, Keep your Faith on the Man up there...

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Blackbug: 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
CloudWalker:
Don't know if you guys noticed that most of these difficult weird ways of survival happened and still happening in our educational institutions. During this coro period I was at the bank to make withdrawals and a student flashing his school ID was directly asking for money.I didn't give him because I won't really be helping him
Seriously man, you won’t be helping him?
Did you not read stories of people saying some other person came to their aid?
You are wicked. Shior. ’you Won’t be really helping him undecided

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Goldenfinger: 7:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
doctor306:

AGE RACISM ave not heard of dat

Are you sure you wont join him in Facebook.
do you have issues with punctuation? So many commas and fullstop wtf happened.
.cum pursue go fb,bcus na ur fada get NL.oga punctuation mark
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ChengHun(m): 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
while I was in University I was so broke that on a particular day I had no Kobo on me, d only thing I had was beans and salt no kerosene no oil nothing, I didn't taste anything up till 10 pm, people were going to bed but I couldn't sleep.
My landlord wife normally used fire wood to make fufu at the back of our lodge. so I went out gathered fire wood and cooked the beans without any ingredient and ate it like that.
The following morning I still I went to class with empty stomach

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Ross042: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mine was in my 100l first semester.. During that time I had only garri and sugar, no money, even my phone was stolen, I had to drink garri and sugar for 1week nonstop.. When the sugar got finish I hard to use salt.. My voice even changed people we're complaining that when am talking they are not hearing what am saying... But after the weeks my parents sent me money.... That day I ate like mad.. Drank all sort of mineral to coverup for the hard times I faced

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Sewgon79(m): 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
umtitibaba:
In life, there are moments we are faced with difficult situations with the sole aim of surviving hoping there will be light at the end of such circumstance..

Mine: it happened when I was I part 2 second semester, it was close to end of semester and there was no cash on me, no gas in my cylinder and I had to eat that night .... i had to Cook 'Eba' with normal water, ate with Palm oil sprinkled with salt.. imo that night bad gaaan....

So over to you guys, what Is the weirdest thing u have done to survive?

I travel out of Nigeria as around 2005 and I end up Senegal. I was told people travel through the sea so I joined the fishing to sail for fish in Ocean between Senegal - Mauritania - Mediterranean Sea. It was scary, deadly and dangerous but I survived. I saw boat capside and people I saw before yesterday morning before entering into boat, their dead body was carried back home.

I made my decision to come back home to Nigeria and hustle it anyhow. Thank God I am alive.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by MAK211(m): 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mine was in 200l second semester in d University when I went broke so badly after trying so many ways to get some money to survive all with no success one of my guy came and told me that the school management is about renovating one of the girls hostel and he knows the man they gave the contract, so we reach the man without hesitation and furtunately the man took us in as bricklayers.. all our plan is dat we will cover our face with face cap and hankerchief.. it actually work out until the worst happen the nigga I was passing cement to shout my name nd one of my course mate (girl oo) was passing by at that moment I couldn't keep mute neither can I stand without answering him.. I just summon courage answer the nigga naso the girl turn and look me I was like God just open the ground let it swallow me.. after trying to figure out my face with no avail she just look my leg and call my name again (MAK) even if I can't c ur face I will recognize ur leg even in my dream.. I nearly commit suicide that night but has God will have it.... She is the type that always understand... And as am talking to you right now we will be getting married soon...

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Damsman10(m): 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
CloudWalker:
Don't know if you guys noticed that most of these difficult weird ways of survival happened and still happening in our educational institutions. During this coro period I was at the bank to make withdrawals and a student flashing his school ID was directly asking for money.I didn't give him because I won't really be helping him

That's true, mostly around school and service periods.

But pls o, let's try to help people in desperate situations and circumstances if we can... At times in Life we need to learn to lean on one another.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Ghostrye: 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
Remembering this makes me laugh, but when I was in school for a few days without food, after about 3 days of no food at all, I started eating Maggi. I ate Maggi for about two days before I could get anything else to chow.
This shii still cracks me and my friends up when we talk about it

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Johnrayban: 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
.It was quite a task surviving on #50 garri for 3days now, i no longer feel hungry and i felt the need to survive. TREKKED TO A WIFI POINT EVERY EVENING [A VERY FAR PLACE] TO FIND ANY THING online

[[and i also did online begging sef on twitter nothing came out of it. just regretted disgracing myself.]]]

I CAN DO TO EARN. THEN ONE EVENING WHILE USING THE WIFI, I CAME ACROSS A WHATSAPP DOING REFERAL CONTEST 50 PEOPLE FOR 3K.I IMMEDIATELY COLLECT MY OWN REFERAL LINK. LEFT THE WIFI POINT 10PM. I JUST SEE 15PEOPLE REGISTER.
Came back the following day went early like 3pm, then when it was almost 11pm ,I was yet to lea be there and just 35 refered.I went on till it was after 11pm and then my hostel gate was been shut early because people had gone home for holiday. i slept in the open that night, right in front of a shop at the wifi point .mosquito chop my life ehnand cold too Mehn that night was the longest in. my life. That night i got to know MTN was giving 1gb valid for 24hours if u installed and registered its app.
I did that(i was even angry i didn't see it in time, cos i wouldn't have to sleep outside) .by the time i got the data my phone battery was already below 15% so i tried sleeping. when morning eventually came i left for hostel ,that day was salah day. Then i was really hungry ,i went to a mosque to beg for food, well i was fed, then i went to my hostel to sleep again small towards evening i checked my whatsapp i see message that one lecturer house say food plenty... na so i waka go there though far from my hostel... i no even con later see food collect there. i sha went about on getting the remaining referal and i got it. I tell guy say i don complete am. E send me the money, i was really happy. The following day i japa commot school oo.

the following semester i lost my school fees to fake online investments. alot ni oo. i still suffer again, missed test, had infection, broke my leg. i later kuku tell dem for house say i lost my school fees the portal was to close in 2 days before i told. My mummy find me the money sha. Then through out that semester i still suffer. na because i no wan suffer the kain suffer eey i suffer for 100lvl... na d reason i go do investments oo.. the suffering got tripled. na the. i know say quick money isn't the way.

some of my foof then

i fried semo, use am do chin chin i fried onions only and ate it. Ate CUstard without milk and sugar for a week too. A lot of mad combo

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Kenneygirl(f): 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
akimbomimer:
Hmm.. Amen... God will surely make a way, Soonest I pray!!!
thank you
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by zumazeks: 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
I remember eating unripe mango before entering an exam hall in school. Well, thank God for where we are today.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by SexytorresE(f): 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
You don suffer o cry
zionmde:
ate raw indomie
2 packs

Ate raw garri mixed with salt

boiled white rice and ate with indomie spices mixed with water

ate a soup dat has been sour for 2dayd

for those of us who know pH very well
I trekked from choba to rumuola, from rumuola to Rumuokoro, den back to choba in search of teaching job

trekked from Mile3 to choba on an early morning

went to a wedding centre to beg guests for money so I can survive

but thank God, we don't look like wat we have been through. Never give up, always focus on where u are going to
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Clintx(m): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
In my 200 level in school,we managed foodstuffs by eating once day and that would be by 12 midnight...it will last us through out the next day oh...2 cups of rice dey last one week

I also remember buying akara of 100 naira and drank garri with it for 2 days(2 pieces of akara in the morning and night for both days)
Money must be made o
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
I made eba back in school and because I don't have money to make soup, I put rodo pepper inside hot water and use it to eat the eba like that... I. E eba and pepper water
umtitibaba:
In life, there are moments we are faced with difficult situations with the sole aim of surviving hoping there will be light at the end of such circumstance..

Mine: it happened when I was I part 2 second semester, it was close to end of semester and there was no cash on me, no gas in my cylinder and I had to eat that night .... i had to Cook 'Eba' with normal water, ate with Palm oil sprinkled with salt.. imo that night bad gaaan....

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ekwerendi(m): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
I was very broke,I had to pluck unripe pawpaw peeled it and then boiled it and ate it as yam...... I no go ever forget that experience...

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nyamve1: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:

Really sad and touching story.. Sorry about the experience. I believe things can only get better over time. I wish you well and may their souls (Your parents) continue to rest in peace.. Amen
amen that has been my prayer, thank u so much
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Danniedpastor(m): 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Suffer dey this land. Wont lie i never sever before but i see people wey suffer for school. Some survived eating from my pot

Are you a member of the porpular Kekereun family in Orile?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Kellie069(m): 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
Well, this is my story::: some years back, I had to take tramadol just to lock my stomach because my uncle's wife locks her kitchen when she's leaving home for work by 6:45. Tramadol was 10 naira then. I'll buy 2 for 20 naira and drink. I won't feel hunger again till evening. Actually developed ulcer because of this. But today, God's been faithful. Money Don de for point some million since 4 years now.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by chibjohn(m): 9:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
Those that attended UNN will know that Firstbank is close to CEC. Around 2010, CEC was the official school guest house where ceremonies including weddings are held. I hope it's still so. As a student in UNN then, I was so broke and hopeless one Saturday with no Kobo in my pocket and account. Around 3pm that day, I decided to check my account balance at the firstbank ATM to know if someone has paid in money for me though I wasn't really expecting money from anyone. I was just hoping for miracle. I had no knowledge that a wedding reception was going on at CEC. As I was keying in my ATM pin into the machine, I heard the MC call for prayers to start sharing food and refreshments. Hallelujah! My lunch and dinner combined is about to be served. No money had entered my account after checking but an opportunity to eat free food was provided. I walked in majestically into the wedding venue and sat down at a corner. The ushers were already sharing food which got to me. I ate and drank to my satisfaction. I didn't know who was wedding nor was I invited by anybody. It was the holy spirit that invited me to go and eat my lunch and dinner combined that day. After eating, I stood up and went to my house to sleep. God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform. I wish I know or have the contact of the couple that wedded that day, I will just call to thank them for saving a life.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by bhassan20: 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
I took grounded melon with Palm oil

I drank raw cassava flower.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ajayipeter14(m): 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
Kpokakpoka:
Garri and raw egg shocked.....please educate me sir..

which kin education u need again just soak the garri and break the egg inside haaa.....wetin I dey talk sir educate us....
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by shugasofttouch: 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
umtitibaba:

Mine was being the only female bricklayer amongst men. I was teased and yabbed for being a BSc holder and being a bricklayer it was tough being a beautiful lady that I am doing such to make ends meet. it's not funny.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Iykejohn419(m): 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Baloranking:

Back in 200l, University people go understand say second semester na owu period.

No cash on me that time,one babe saved me then , she gave me raw rice, as I dey cook I no allow the rice soft I just add palm oil,salt and pepper dey chop am from fire.

Gosh, the good old days grin

Frontpage material cool

No be lie sha.... I did dis too when I luckily found d raw rice dat I kept away from guyz wey dey always come my room con chop

Mad concoction lol....
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Otutu1(m): 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
OgaRico:

Bro, please the full story I beg you.
As in, you date her or na your relative?

No be small thing, this was in Ghana 2015, my rent had expired at the same time I had a ghastly accident with my car and was paying for damages and she took me in and I didn't know how I lived at her place for a whole year, that was when I learnt about women, we dated and managed together till I was able to get back on my feet. she chased me away a couple of times though after misunderstandings. You can't imagine what we had to go through for food and transportation in a foreign country.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by TRACYPETER755(f): 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Traveling from Auchi to warri. The fuel got finished and no nearby fueling station, the driver went to get fuel for like several hours.

I was very hungry, no place to buy food. A young lady was in the same predicament. So we went inside the bush to pluck fruits, we found only coconuts. We trek further till we saw one man. He provided cutlass and help us to break it open.
The driver came back after several hours and that coconuts help us.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Iykejohn419(m): 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
zionmde:
ate raw indomie
2 packs

Ate raw garri mixed with salt

boiled white rice and ate with indomie spices mixed with water

ate a soup dat has been sour for 2dayd

for those of us who know pH very well
I trekked from choba to rumuola, from rumuola to Rumuokoro, den back to choba in search of teaching job

trekked from Mile3 to choba on an early morning

went to a wedding centre to beg guests for money so I can survive

but thank God, we don't look like wat we have been through. Never give up, always focus on where u are going to

Guy u strong oooo..... U are a legend, at least u get story wey u go tell ur children.....

The trekking no be shilds sha.... I don trek too oooo but nah from Choba to rumuokoro
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by smiliyB(f): 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
ok mine was that I do pray to God not to put me in an unbearable condition cry
Hahahahahahaha you're too stubborn grin grin

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by smiliyB(f): 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
MAK211:
Mine was in 200l second semester in d University when I went broke so badly after trying so many ways to get some money to survive all with no success one of my guy came and told me that the school management is about renovating one of the girls hostel and he knows the man they gave the contract, so we reach the man without hesitation and furtunately the man took us in as bricklayers.. all our plan is dat we will cover our face with face cap and hankerchief.. it actually work out until the worst happen the nigga I was passing cement to shout my name nd one of my course mate (girl oo) was passing by at that moment I couldn't keep mute neither can I stand without answering him.. I just summon courage answer the nigga naso the girl turn and look me I was like God just open the ground let it swallow me.. after trying to figure out my face with no avail she just look my leg and call my name again (MAK) even if I can't c ur face I will recognize ur leg even in my dream.. I nearly commit suicide that night but has God will have it.... She is the type that always understand... And as am talking to you right now we will be getting married soon...
Awwwwwww that's sweet, it ended in praise not like nairaland tears

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Obedinho130: 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
I always make moist garri with red oil, raw onions, salt, and raw maggi cheesy It is delicious and usually saves someone cos ur stomach will be filled to the brim. School is tough thats y u can't afford not to make it after passing through those hard times. I must make it in Jesus name Amen

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Miraj22(f): 10:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
Apologize:
Me and my Guy go baff on a Saturday..Wear clothe. Mostly Native, we go waka waka waka dey find where we go see wedding to attend.

When we see while inside the reception one of us go find take away like 5 order food from different corners of the hall. When the plate full...we trek again till we reach house.

Most times rain go soak us..but we'll be happy that we got food.
Really touching

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by OCway92806: 10:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
Cha che’ ni yankee Allah help us

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

A Priest Came Out From The Ghastly Car Accident Without Any Injury. Photos / Police Officer Urinates, Breaks Own Order (Photo) / Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66