Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria (42979 Views)

Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery / Workers At Indomie Cry Out: 'We've Not Been Allowed To Leave For Six Months' / Power Mech Staff At Dangote Refinery Complain Of Work Despite Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by dre11(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2020
At least 270 Indian citizens are on their way home from Nigeria, The PUNCH reports.

This is not unconnected to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

It was gathered that the aircraft conveying the nationals departed the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos on Thursday evening and is expected to arrive India on Friday.

The High Commission of India in Abuja confirmed this in a tweet, noting that the evacuees were workers of Dangote Group while adding that it was the second evacuation flight operated by a Nigerian airline, Air Peace.

“Enabled repatriation of 270 needy employees of Dangote Group to India from Lagos Airport today (Thursday), with support of Nigeria Immigration Service and the Federal Ministry of Health. Second direct flight by Air Peace to India within a week,” it tweeted late Thursday.

The PUNCH reports that Air Peace conveyed 312 Indian citizens from the Lagos Airport to the Cochin International Airport in Kerala on Sunday.

https://punchng.com/covid-19-270-indian-workers-at-dangote-company-depart-nigeria/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by JasonScoolari: 9:03am On Jun 05, 2020
This is not unconnected to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

Should we now say that they're tired of this lifeless administration?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by Davash222(m): 9:05am On Jun 05, 2020
If US, Canada, Germany, Australia etc Visa is something one can buy easily with money, na only Buhari and Aisha for dey this country.. That's if Aisha no go leave Buhari run.

292 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by rationalhuman(m): 9:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Good for them
Atleast they can get good medical care over there.
While for us, once this pandemic picks up it momentum, we all have to suffer.

While we dont have anywhere to go (this continent is all what we have) So Be careful and stay safe folks,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by olaboy33(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
I wonder why dangote will need 270 workers from India alone in a country of over 100 million available work force.

It's not untrue that our educational system is not in order, but adequate training will fill the gap.

Use Nigeria, grow Nigeria.

We'll remain committed.

Boye2023

107 Likes

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by ODJ124(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
grin grin grin
*On judgement day,some pple will still tell God I can explain..,explain wat!! broda, enter o*����

9 Likes

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by Rediff1: 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Hopefully they never return.

Dangote should invest in Nigerians. I am more than certain the role these indians occupy can definitely be done by people amongst the 180million Nigerians.

I really hate when I read news like this or hear of Nigerian companies employing foreigners to do jobs that Nigerians are clearly competent and capable of doing. If I can't get gainful employment in my own backyard, of what use is the backyard.

This sh*t has to change. Meanwhile, Take a look at the below advert

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by ableguy(m): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
A woman calls her husband who has gone to work.
Woman: Baby, pls buy me Yam at the market on your way back from work.
Husband: OK honey, but I gave you money before leaving the house this morning, right?
Woman: Yes, baby. But I'm tired. Do that for me, pls!
Husband: OK honey, see you. Few minutes later, the husband calls the woman back.
Husband: Honey, help! Come quickly, to the market. The lady selling the yam grabbed me by the neck, accusing me of being responsible for her pregnancy.
Woman: What? Baby I'm on my way.
She arrived the market and calls her husband to know his position.
Woman: Hello baby, I'm here. Pls where are you?
Husband: I'm still at work. Buy your yam and go home dear.
Love youuuuuu.

270 Likes 29 Shares

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by intruder15(m): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
I don't think they are employees of Dangote group. Some weeks back, some indians protested against their employer who deployed them to dangote refinery to work during lockdown without providing adequate safety measures. I guess their country saw the video and acted on it.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by owanguy(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Hunger is a bad thing . FOOD NO REACH US CHOP UNA WAN COME FOLLOW US DRAG AM. I BEG TO UR TENTH OH ISRAEL ,sorry *Oh INDIA *

3 Likes

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by Adejoncy01(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
More jobs for our people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by alizma: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ok
Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by joviegghead: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Oh well. That means 270 free positions. Na to hustle am be that na. Who get connect abeg. I get first class.

BTW, Buhari haters, this ain't the president's fault.. It's Corona. Biko, leave the man alone

6 Likes

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by Exc2000: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Dangote Smart no be small.... guy man is using cheap indian labour, just as the arabs used them to build dubai and other cities

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by lilybonny(f): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Why didn't they leave since?
Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by Bigbishung(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Why did they leave
Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by money121(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ok
Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by Slawormir: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Exc2000:
Dangote Smart no be small.... guy man is using cheap indian labour, just as the arabs used them to build dubai and other cities

You call expatriate cheap?
Exc2000:

dude find out.. they are fvcking cheap.. this aint expertrates but labourers
I won't argue with you
Humans hate what they don't understand
Try and work with expatriates whether Indian or any other nationals
They are all fuckkking expensive
If you require their services
You going to be spending more money
Indian in particular will be working for you in your country and make sure you patrionize thier product...
The vehicle for transportation will be Tata ( Indian vehicle)

2 Likes

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Don't have anything to say.

I just said something anyways.
Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by galaxy2020(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
They know Nigeria govt is giving the world wrong figures, I pray a cure is discovered or better still a vaccine early enough.
Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by Chiboylove: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
Na so
Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by eleojo23: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
We say bye bye to them.

Safe flight y'all..cheesy

1 Like

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by ideabuilder: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
Exc2000:

Indian labour no cheap

3 Likes

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by Kurtis02(m): 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
Let them remain in their country

5 Likes

Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by sanemind2(m): 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
Just hope is not Coro related.

Meanwhile

External hard drives and otg flash drive are available preloaded with Hd series, action, cartoon etc. Check signature
Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by nograv: 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
Bye they wont be missed...
Re: 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria by idu1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? / Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine / Diamond Bank Sacks 400 Workers (document Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.