Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone (5865 Views)

Male Scammers Use Silicone Breast Prosthesis To Pose As Sexy Women Online (Pics) / "Your Picture Is In My Shrine". Read The Newest Method Scammers Use; Be Guided / New Method Scammers Use To Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Gjrich(m): 10:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
Before now Scammers need ATM card or mobile phone to empty Bank Account, but now they have upgraded their strategy, they don't even need your ATM card, BVN or even your mobile phone number.

Please let's be very careful. There is a new HIGH TECH FRAUD in town called the SIM SWAP FRAUD, and hundreds of persons are already VICTIMS.

How does it work ?.

1). A new fraud called SIM SWAP has started. Your phone network will momentarily go blind/zero (No Signal/ Zero Bars) and after a while a call will come through.

2). The Person on the other end of the call will tell you that he is calling from (your cell phone company) depending on your network and that there is a problem in your mobile network.

3). He will instruct you to Please press 1 on your phone to get the network back.

That's it, don't even think of pressing anything.

Please at this stage don't Press anything, Just cut or END the call.

If you press 1, the network will appear suddenly and almost immediately go blind again (Zero Bars) and by that action, your phone is hacked.

Within some minutes they will empty your bank account, and you won't receive any alert.

It will appear as though your line is without Network, meanwhile your SIM has been SWAPPED.

Swapping your SIM means exchanging your SIM card with them and thereby giving them full control of your account.

The danger here is that, you will not get any alert of any transactions.

So please those of us doing USSD Banking and Mobile Banking let's be very careful. Many accounts has been emptied and even some people reading this now might have almost fall a victim of this.

What do you do when this happens ?. Once you start experiencing zero bars of network, it's best to reboot your phone, doing that ends any hacking code they are doing at the moment. Don't answer any call telling you they are fr your bank, your bank can never call you on phone and ask you to press 1 or any other number. Also report any case of such experience to your bank to help you secure your bank account more and track the transaction.

Please share this to your contacts, loved ones and friends. The fraud is increasing day by day. You can save someone by sharing this information.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by zionmde: 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
once u see "share to ur loved ones" at the end of any post

NA BIGGGG LIE

13 Likes

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Topleague(m): 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
o ga o

1 Like

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Saveme99: 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Wow! The guy in the picture above such looks like the guy that scammed me $100 yesterday on fake telegram escrow

This guy is a scammer, everybody beware. He runs a fake crypto escro on telegram titled "BTC Exchange Verified"
He uses an innocent man's picture on telegram. He uses different bank accounts both male and female to defraud people.
He swindled me with this account "MOMODU Victoria Amofomoh"
Fidelity Bank
After the transfer, the bank name changed to Abraham

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by gly2ken: 11:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
My brother was scammed by using the method, the scammers used his phone number to borrow money from Access Bank. But they couldn't withdraw the money.

1 Like

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 06, 2020
Very informative. It's call sim card scam or sim linking fraud, been around the US few years back and Nigeria scammers are the largest patronisers of it.

Very foolish black and grey hat hackers!! So easy to track them if you are very familiar with hacking knowledge.
Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Kingseex1(m): 8:34am On Jun 06, 2020
Op its not possible, except they are working together with a bank staff.

2 Likes

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by XXLMANDIGO: 8:35am On Jun 06, 2020
Times are hard cheesy
Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by psalmprodigy(m): 10:11am On Jun 06, 2020
Must we survive by hurting and causing pains to others ni
Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Unrated900(m): 10:27am On Jun 06, 2020
Lies

1 Like

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Greatzeus(m): 10:28am On Jun 06, 2020
Kingseex1:
Op its not possible, except they are working together with a bank staff.
What Op wrote up there isn't enough to empty a person's account. SIM swap fraud might be real but there will be more to it than calling somebody and telling him to press 1, and boom all your account balance is gone,naaaa I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Kingseex1(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2020
Greatzeus:

What Op wrote up there isn't enough to empty a person's account. SIM swap fraud might be real but there will be more to it than calling somebody and telling him to press 1, and boom all your account balance is gone,naaaa I don't think so.

even emptying of the account requires password because there are transaction limits, except u have the atm details
Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 06, 2020
zionmde:
once u see "share to ur loved ones" at the end of any post

NA BIGGGG LIE

I agree with you boss
Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by fuwaski(m): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2020
Greatzeus:

Understand the post bro. Op is saying that your sim number will be swapped. Making ur own SIM vulnerable to u. The person at the other end will be the one using ur line. So, he can make any transaction with ur SIM depending on what he wants. Getting ur bank pin is another thing though.

3 Likes

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Minsk24: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
Informative Thread
Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Akunwafor(m): 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
But you need a valid ID card and set of security questions with a bunch of frequently called numbers to effect a sim swap now.

So what is this OP saying?

1 Like

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by hidhrhis(m): 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
na lie
Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Sambai65(m): 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
They plant in nairaland here ooooo,my Facebook was hacked through nairaland here last years because I click on particular link, always becareful with number you use to open your banks account
Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by broisrael(m): 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
This is just the method someone used to hack my WhatsApp.
He called that the group I was on WhatsApp they were verifying the group members,that I should tell him the code I received on my phone.Since I was Part of the group he mentioned and it was a very useful productive group to me,I did as he said and went back to work.Only for me to be receiving calls the next morning of how I was asking everyone on my WhatsApp to join one 20k to get 40k business without me even knowing.

1 Like

Re: New Method Scammers Use To Empty Bank Account Without Your ATM Card Or Phone by faithfull18(f): 11:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
FrontRunner:
This is just the method someone used to hack my WhatsApp.
He called that the group I was on WhatsApp they were verifying the group members,that I should tell him the code I received on my phone.Since I was Part of the group he mentioned and it was a very useful productive group to me,I did as he said and went back to work.Only for me to be receiving calls the next morning of how I was asking everyone on my WhatsApp to join one 20k to get 40k business without me even knowing.
Hmmn.

(1) (Reply)

Army Denies Boko Haram Hoisting Flag In Borno Villages / Thamesmead (aka "Little Lagos"): The Fraud Capital Of The Uk / ABSU Cult War: Abia State University Cult – Beheaded Two Undergraduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.