Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,120 members, 7,828,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial (1549 Views)

Majek Fashek Buried In The U.S / Majek Fashek's Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Singer Home For Burial / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by agwom(m): 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
The family of late Majekodunmi Fasheke, famously known as Majek Fashek has made a public plea for financial assistance to fly home the reggae legend, who died on June 1, 2020 in New York City, United States of America.

Former member of the House of Representatives, representing Egor/Ikpoba Okha Federal Constituency and owner of U&I Records, Hon. E.J. Agbonayinma, made the call on behalf of the family on Friday.

Agbonayinma said Majek is a legend and Africa’s pride and thus cannot be allowed to be buried like an ordinary mortal. Agboyayinma said, “ With the support of the family, the children, we are looking at how we can bring him to Nigeria to be buried here.

“This is going to cost quite a lot of money, especially with the challenge of COVID-19. So, we are trying to raise funds.

“The only account we have right now to be donated to, is the son’s account, Randy. “Making this public is not my decision alone, some people came and said we should set this up.

“They said we should set up accounts in America and Nigeria. “We want him to be buried here in Nigeria, his fatherland and not in some foreign land like a chicken.

“In Nigeria, we are still trying to decide which account to use but the American account of the first son is ready and people are already paying into it.

“I must commend the response has been encouraging but we need more funds.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/majek-fasheks-family-seeks-financial-support-to-fly-reggae-star-home-for-burial.html
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Ugaboy: 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
Im sorry to ask o
.naija celebrity money dey follow die...?
once a celebrity in naija dies, the family and friend tend to be seeking for financial assistance from citizens

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by XXLMANDIGO: 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
D
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by oluwadabira111(m): 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
angryHmm!!!
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by BabangidaHamza(m): 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ugaboy:
Im sorry to ask o
once a celebrity in naija dies, the family and friend tend to be seeking for financial assistance from citizens
it is a two way thing.. Either they don't invest or they lived an audio life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Freestainworld(m): 11:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
when he was racking money, how many lives did he touch with his money? I am tired of celebrity begging, they should go and beg his fellow musicians allow the public to be in peace.
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Ugaboy: 11:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
Freestainworld:
when he was racking money, how many lives did he touch with his money? I am tired of celebrity begging, they should go and beg his fellow musicians allow the public to be in peace.
NOOOO...his music touched lives

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by philiancoop(m): 11:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
weed dey smell, close the thread abeg
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Freestainworld(m): 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ugaboy:

NOOOO...his music touched lives
na music poor masses go chop? you have to touch lives all round, not tomorrow you come to social media to beg the people who one's made you rich like some footballers are doing.
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Gandollar(f): 11:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ugaboy:
Im sorry to ask o
George Floyd's GoFundMe account has taken in over 3m dollars. IndecentStar o.
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Gandollar(f): 11:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Freestainworld:
na music poor masses go chop? you have to touch lives all round, not tomorrow you come to social media to beg the people who one's made you rich like some footballers are doing.
Why are you so angry?
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Yankee101: 12:03am On Jun 07, 2020
All the artists making mouth on Instagram, invest your money today. Stop forming for the gram

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by pyyxxaro: 12:55am On Jun 07, 2020
Make there cremate am quietly, it’s cheaper
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Freestainworld(m): 1:00am On Jun 07, 2020
Gandollar:
Why are you so angry?
because I am angry in the spirit.
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by omonnakoda: 1:03am On Jun 07, 2020
Gandollar:
Why are you so angry?
Some people are just bitter
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by baby124: 1:09am On Jun 07, 2020
He spent most of his money on useless things... drugs, women and other social vices. Let the family take care of him or the government. Try to make hay while the sun shines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Nobody: 4:29am On Jun 07, 2020
what happened to all the money he made when alive?
what did he do to improve the life of Nigerians when alive?

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Sparkies85(m): 4:39am On Jun 07, 2020
George Floyd's GoFundMe account has taken in over 3m dollars.

shocked
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Sparkies85(m): 4:40am On Jun 07, 2020
Gandollar:

13 million dollars to b precise

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 07, 2020
Agbonayinma said Majek is a legend and Africa’s pride and thus cannot be allowed to be buried like an ordinary mortal.

“We want him to be buried here in Nigeria, his fatherland and not in some foreign land like a chicken.

So the Nigerians in America that are buried there are chickens?, but you need their help from donations to bring yours back not to buried like a chicken.

What sort of comment is "agbonayinma is a legend and not to be buried like an ordinary mortal"...
Then foot the bill to bury a legend, why depend on ordinary mortals...

This useless statements just ruined my morning..

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by denko(m): 4:54am On Jun 07, 2020
somebody that was killed because of fake 20 dollars has gotten 13 million dollars to his name after his demise. what a world
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 07, 2020
denko:
somebody that was killed because of fake 20 dollars has gotten 13 million dollars to his name after his demise. what a world

The money wasn't fake after all..
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:02am On Jun 07, 2020
I should contribute to pay for someone I don't know? Looking at the way celebrities live now, one shouldn't expect the normal people to contribute for anything in the future if the need be.
They holiday abroad, drive exotic cars, live in luxurious (rented) apartments, take the most expensive alcohols without thinking of the future when the money stops flowing
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by heykims(m): 7:21am On Jun 07, 2020
Jokers
I'd rather donate the money to someone alive and not a celebrity. Celebrities would blow money to ur face when things are rosy and start crying for help after squandering the cash.
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by cassidy1996(m): 7:25am On Jun 07, 2020
make dem bury am for there e nor matter
r.i.p
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Ugaboy: 9:04am On Jun 07, 2020
Gandollar:
so u mean d F&F should also open begging businez ontop his dealth
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by Ugaboy: 9:09am On Jun 07, 2020
Freestainworld:
the same people that is turning dia bak on u now
...i prefer to be rich than being famous, most of this yeyebrity, they only possess audio money, fake connection
Re: Majek Fashek’s Family Seeks Financial Support To Fly Reggae Star Home For Burial by cjREX(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Government supposed take care of everything. coz he is a legend, African legend, 9ja legend

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Is Everything I Prayed For And More- Actress Anita Joseph Gushes Over / 82 Years Old Alaafin Of Oyo Shows Off Boxing Skills In Open Field / BBNaija Star, Ka3na, Celebrates 5th Wedding Anniversary With Her Husband (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.