Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (1053 Views)

US Passengers Trapped On Board Aircraft In South Africa / Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / Hyacinth Takes Over Ikorodu Ferry Terminal In Lagos, Many Trapped (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by LogTM: 6:41am On Jun 07, 2020

5 Likes

Re: . by Ladylite: 6:55am On Jun 07, 2020
LogTM:
I am very interested in traveling, not for greener pastures alone, but to be honest I think I just want to be on my own.

This desire has made me become a ghost in my own town. Nothing interest me. I am in my twenties, I am supposed to be living life and enjoying myself, but nope, I feel trapped.

I look at my mates as they run about living their life. Trying to impress lectures by carrying lecturers bags. I see them dress to impress girls. I see them trying to build good reputation among their peers. I see them forming big boys and big girls. I see them gossip about each other and trying hard to rank high in their social circle.

But I only wonder how they are able to enjoy it. I don't feel the same way.

I don't care if you say I'm not handsome. I don't care about their gossips. I burn bridges with friends very easily, like burning candle.

I hate when people bother about my business. I hate my neighbors for listening to my conversation on phone. I hate people for trying to drag me into their lives by embarrassing me - i.e by trying to gossip negatively about me to make me angry and try to prove myself to them - my reaction is always something that they never expected. I hate people for staring at me. I hate when people comment on my life. I hate it when someone sits close to me in the library when there is enough space to sit apart from each other.

I don't know if it's because everyone knows me and my family here, but I just don't feel it here. I feel trapped.

Every time I get annoyed I dream of leaving. Going away, being on my own, and meeting with new people that share the same ideas with me. I dream of walking in a park somewhere that is not here, carefree and unbothered by anyone. But it's just a day dream.

I have started noticing that this dream makes me calm when I get really angry.

But it is so wrong. Wrong because it means I am saving my best life for the future i.e when I get to migrate. It's so wrong because my parents need me to be with them. I feel saddened when I remember my parents will be lonely if I leave. It's so wrong for so many reasons.

But yet that's the only thing I seem to have interest in. Because now I have burned so many bridges and done certain things that moving will be the best move to save my name.

I feel trapped.

You don't need money to travel, you just need to leave and NEVER return.
Re: . by LogTM: 7:03am On Jun 07, 2020
Ladylite I have modified my post please reread.

I figured that my initial post didn't capture what I was trying to express so I edited it.

1 Like

Re: . by Peppermintflav: 7:26am On Jun 07, 2020
Whats the guarantee that you will be happy where you travel to? There are too many things that you hate. The way you are sounding i hope it's not travel by suicide that you are talking about.
Re: . by Petyprincess(f): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2020
Migrating wnt still change the fact you needed to be alone, I think you kinda introvert nd you get irritated by people easily it sounds more of psychological issue,you hate people being around you!

So you think migrating is the best when you can't even interact with people undecided hw can you live comfortably in a foreign country without interactions?

1 Like

Re: . by Tillatalk: 8:38am On Jun 07, 2020
Always have it in mind your parents will leave you one day

1 Like

Re: . by Akunwafor(m): 9:41am On Jun 07, 2020
Wanderlust!

If you feel you have to travel then you must do all you can to travel.

There's a unique form of learning peculiar to traveling alone.

I have traveled and will still travel more and the more you travel, the more you realize that you have been done a great injustice by being in one country for most of your life.

Do it, you'll never regret it.

2 Likes

Re: . by TheBlessedHero: 9:52am On Jun 07, 2020
Introvert! That's what your post defined. Just work on yourself, it's not a necessity that you mingle with people all the time. Just know when to mingle and when to withdraw. go different Viewing centers to watch ball and argue, different newspaper vendor spots, cinemas, local football pitch, binge tv series, look for video game challenge at different game spots or shoprite, play snookers with peoples, register and work out at different gyms etc, all these will help you, you can be coming late when you need to sleep, just be security conscious. Enjoy your life bro.
cheers!
Re: . by LogTM: 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Akunwafor:
Wanderlust!

If you feel you have to travel then you must do all you can to travel.

There's a unique form of learning peculiar to traveling alone.

I have traveled and will still travel more and the more you travel, the more you realize that you have been done a great injustice by being in one country for most of your life.

Do it, you'll never regret it.

Do you think if I travel it will help?

I'm thinking of changing my location, my friends etc. Which means migration. Would short travel reduce the wanderlust .
Re: . by Akunwafor(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
LogTM:

Do you think if I travel it will help?

I'm thinking of changing my location, my friends etc. Which means migration. Would short travel reduce the wanderlust .

If there's anything you should follow, even more than religion itself, it's your guts!

Even if you don't migrate, a few months abroad will do you wonders.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
LogTM:
).
U are normal, maybe u hate how Nigerians behave, most Nigerians are stupid, they can't mind their business and they don't make use of their common sense, u don't necessarily have to leave the country, u can go to another state, rent a house and live quietly, it is important u find a source of income, preferably an online source of income, since u don't always want interaction with every Joe and Jane, if u still insist on traveling, go as a legal migrant, and be prepared to struggle to make ends meet in a country u have no one.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
It is normal for a child to leave his parents home when he comes of age, u can always call and support them from where ever u are, u are not the first child that left his parents house, is ur life and ur choice
Re: . by JustEdward(m): 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
My brother deal on your feeling and welcome anybody that comes near to you but give gap to friends ..... I have traveled to Dubai but currently in Nigeria. Nothing bad in leaving ur parents the first day I went to Lagos alone through flight my family was angry bcuz I am the only son and they think maybe I will be harm or hurt especially my mum and dad. I told them that I am a man enough let me . I came back to them after a successful business and they were happy.

Right now I travel different states and they re okay with it. Mind you I am in my twenties too..

So free yourself and explore with people around you. You never know your destiny helper. Thank you
Re: . by TIJifeoluwani(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
Every little time of happiness and freedom you deny yourself, is a period and time you will never regain. Irrespective of your dreams, wishes, ambition, and hopes, never deny yourself of the present, cause you only get to live once, you're only young once. You live your present and make your plans for the future base on your dreams and hopes. Take it from someone who have been there.

1 Like

Re: . by hammed71(m): 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
bro I understand how you feel, save some cash, maybe move to another town or state, then move out of the country. Nigerians don't know how to mind their business
Re: . by Snaagg(m): 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
There's nothing wrong in being an introvert but you still need to work on your social skills a little bit more. Most people cannot get ahead in life without social interaction.

Abroad lifestyle will fit you sha.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia / Duolingo English Test / Victim Of COS Exploitation/ Scam In Uk Confronts Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.