Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

My 2020 Unlucky Job Chronicles ( Real Story ) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My 2020 Unlucky Job Chronicles ( Real Story ) (291 Views)

Unlucky Yahoo Boy Expo.sed After Saly Queen Runs Mad In His House / Unlucky Yahoo Boy Expo.sed After Saly Queen Runs Mad In His House / Unlucky Yahoo Boy Expo.sed After Saly Queen Runs Mad In His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2020 Unlucky Job Chronicles ( Real Story ) by Jaywilzee(m): 7:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
Good day Nairalanders, how is life treating you all?

I have been a registered member but have never found the need to create a topic until now, what must have necessitated this " bold step" you might want to ask, the answer is embedded in fabrics of this short story of mine, I earnestly hope and pray that the aim for which I created this topic would come to fruition. ( I shall state the need openly, so that my helpers can locate me).

The day I wrote my last paper was mixture of happiness and a tinge of worry, anxiety, fear and apprehension. what will I do next? I no sabi Yahoo and I never had the interest to engage in it despite having pools of many acquaintances ready to tutor me if only I could show a little concentration to learn,( no misunderstand me o, I no holy, )but for some unknown reasons, I never felt like taking the Yahoo route/ path will be best for me.

New year came and I was filled with optimism, I sent out numerous application letters to various companies seeking for workers, never got a feedback until I decided to branch into career paths that are alien to my field of study, miraculously, I got an invite to come for a test in a micro finance bank, I aced the test, went for an interview and the DM agreed to pay me 30k monthly as a credit officer, I accepted because the place was a walkable distance from where I reside.

Day of resumption, been the new guy and the youngest person there, I kept to myself, observed more so I could learn faster, I was paired a with an older guy who taught me the ropes and showed me "our clients" , 3 days passed with the same routine, on the fourth day, I was told by one of my colleagues that should hunt for new clients, that they won't pay me for collection only, I felt it was a joke o, until the DM re echoed it in our weekly meeting, I felt cheated because that was not in our arrangement, I would have negotiated for a larger salary. This never affected my work Sha, the DM kept the repeating the mantra of not paying for daily collections, so I felt why should I continue to stress myself everyday going to work when I won't be paid at the end of the month, I decided there and then to retire, I wanted to at least complete the month and chalk it off as a learning phase (experience), but He insulted me subtly, after expending 23 days there, I submitted my resignation letter.
The company has an everlasting vacancy board outside, so I figured it is their modus operandi, trick people to work for you for free and keep them in an inhospitable working conditions until they are tire and eventually leave.

Corona came and my job hunting activities was greatly reduced until lockdown was eased.

Late may, I got an invite to come for an interview at ogba for the post of business development associate, I was euphoric, so I went there passed the interview and was called to come for a training and induction ceremony two days later, my joy intensified, I got there and we were 15 in number, the director of operations mentioned something about paying for training books, the alarm for my anti scam blew in my head, naso the Madame gave us another dose of motivational speeches and rounded it up by saying the first person to rise up from his/her chair to pay for the training materials would be taken under her wings, 8 people stood up, I sat down because I was not too convinced about paying for any material, na work I come look for no be to come buy book, she must have read my countenance because she gave me the last number (15) in the hall, so every other applicants went in and I was the last person to go and speak to the HR. Entering the office, I saw the bank number where people before me might have paid for their materials. She asked me if I wanted to pay, I told her to wait till Monday, she come even say make I drop 1k, told her that was my transport fare back home, if I had any doubt before, her request for 1k cemented it, which kind desperation be that. Well, I left for home. Still job hunting Sha..

Please if you can help me with a good job or direct me to someone that can employ me, I'll be eternally grateful to you. I'm in dire need of one abeg....

Thank you and God bless. ( By the way I studied Food Science and Technology).
Re: My 2020 Unlucky Job Chronicles ( Real Story ) by Nettybrown(m): 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hmmm.... This life sha What long story.
Re: My 2020 Unlucky Job Chronicles ( Real Story ) by Vyzz: 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
I am coming to read this thread
Re: My 2020 Unlucky Job Chronicles ( Real Story ) by Generaloluseye: 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
Keep applying. God will do it soon. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Assist You With Your Npower Registration / Freelance Experienced Articles Writer Needed! / Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.