Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Where You Can Find Edible Mushrooms In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Where You Can Find Edible Mushrooms In Nigeria (780 Views)

I Need A Cassava stick that Is Poisonous To Cow But Edible For Consumption / Things You Must Know About Edible Mushrooms in Nigeria this year / How To Grow Edible Mushrooms Without A Kit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where You Can Find Edible Mushrooms In Nigeria by EtiFarms101: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Some of Us who grew up in the village can attest to the fact that 'mushrooms ' was an integral ingredient in our Grandmothers' soup.

This was commonly foraged or gotten from the wild, as it would grow on decaying wood trunks, or directly from the soil in our farms or bushes.

For those who are not familiar with it, mushrooms are fungi, which commonly grow in dark, humid places, with little or no sunlight.
There are over 3,000 species, some of which are edible, others poisonous and fatal if consumed.

CHALLENGES WHY MUSHROOMS ARE NOT COMMONLY EATEN PRESENTLY.

1.Fear of Poisoning: Alot of people who know mushrooms are aware of the fact that some types of mushrooms are poisonous, and it is not very easy to tell them apart, so people prefer to loose out on eating mushrooms if it means exposure to risk of poisoning.

2. No knowledge on where to buy mushrooms from: Alot of people are unaware of the fact that mushrooms are now being cultivated, using Spawn (seeds ) of the particular species you want to grow. This eliminates the probability of being poisoned, increases safety and availability.

Knowledge of the nutritional values of mushrooms automatically makes it an important ingredient everyone should consider using in their every day meals.

HEALTH BENEFITS OF MUSHROOMS

Mushrooms are excellent sources of plant protein, dietary fiber, loads of antioxidants, immunity boosting properties and has no Cholesterol.

The fiber, potassium, and vitamin C in mushrooms contribute to cardiovascular health.

Potassium can help regulate blood pressure, and this may decrease the risk of hypertension and cardiovascular disease.

In pregnancy
Many women take folic acid, or folate, supplements during pregnancy to boost fetal health, but mushrooms can also provide folate

It is healthy to be incorporated into our meals and taste very great. It could be grilled, fried, baked, sauteed, cooked or roasted and it could be served as an appetizer, main dish or dessert.

WHERE CAN YOU FIND LOCALLY GROWN MUSHROOMS IN NIGERIA?

Having considered the challenges carefully, Eti Farms Global, a Nigerian brand is helping Nigerians eat healthy through the cultivation and sales of locally grown edible mushrooms.

It is our fulfilment to put smiles on people's faces who have been looking for mushrooms and couldn't get because it was not cultivated, or didn't know where to buy from.

Our product comes in 2 forms, the fresh and dried and we currently grow oyster mushrooms.

We are located in Lagos State but deliver Nationwide. You can contact us on 08132414770.

Eating healthy is an investment and your future depends greatly on it.

Eat healthy
Stay healthy

Re: Where You Can Find Edible Mushrooms In Nigeria by Brownson555: 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
This is good. Canned foreign mushrooms is what i find around, thank you for doing this. I'll reach out
Re: Where You Can Find Edible Mushrooms In Nigeria by dealerman(m): 2:06am On Jun 09, 2020
I can supply you. Origin is from Cross Rivers. Feel free to contact me 09098845736

(1) (Reply)

Morison Season Cash Giveaway Promo Is Here!!! / Newly Admitted Fed.uni.of Agriculture Makurdi (u.a.m)students. / How Do I Start Goat Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.