Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,119 members, 7,957,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:35 AM

Apple's Safari Now On Windows - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Apple's Safari Now On Windows (1942 Views)

Fix Hdcp Compliant Display Error When Watching Netflix Video In Safari On Mac / How To Make Your Simple Server Trick Work For All App On Windows 10. / Safari Keeps Opening Login.skype.com In Different Tabs After Every 10 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple's Safari Now On Windows by bigrovar(m): 12:28am On Jun 12, 2007
Apple just released a windows os version of its safari browser for public downloads .apple claims that the browers is :

1. Blazing Performance2x Faster

Safari is the fastest web browser on any platform.
2. Elegant User Interface

Safari’s clean look lets you focus on the web — not your browser.
3. Easy Bookmarks

Organize your bookmarks just like you organize music in iTunes.
4. Pop-up Blocking

Say goodbye to annoying pop-up ads and pop-under windows.
5. Inline Find

Search any text on any website with the integrated Find banner.
6. Tabbed BrowsingTabs

Open and switch between multiple web pages in a single window.

7. SnapBackSnapback

Instantly snap back to search results or the top level of a website.
8. Forms AutoFill

Let Safari complete online forms for you, automatically and securely.
9. RSSBuilt-in RSS

RSS tells you when new content is added to your favorite sites.
10. Resizable Text Fields

Resize text fields on any website: Just grab the corner and drag.
11. Private Browsing

Keep your online activities private with a single click.
12. SecuritySecurity

Apple engineers designed Safari to be secure from day one,

but when i downloaded it on my windows vista it just seem to stare at me and sad wont let me browse or do any thing or type any site on the search field, after sometimes its start to load what i suspect to be a page from apple then hangs and crashes , guess its back to good old firefox for me, let me know if u fared better in your own experience with the brower, u can download it here http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

F

Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:38am On Jun 12, 2007
it being the fastest i'll look into that cause the world's fastest browser is opera. safari i think is based on konqueror's khtml
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by 3dhunter(m): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2007
@ bigrovar
i will ty it and give you feedback. hope the file size is not much
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by bigrovar(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2007
its about 11mb if u dont download it with quicktime
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by Fdeveloper(m): 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2007
I'm curious, why should I bother installing Safari at all? I mean what does Safari do that IE7 doesn't?
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by gbadex1(m): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2007
That just sucks!! Safari now on Windoze OS. . . .rarrgh!!! Oh tha friggin pain. . . . . mac OS lovers unite!!!!
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by Fdeveloper(m): 7:56am On Jun 13, 2007
Apple have always claimed that their software is inherently more secure than Windows however we now find vulnerabilities have been discovered in the much vaunted Safari browser within a few hours of its release http://www.techworld.com/security/news/index.cfm?newsID=9128&pagtype=all

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Windows OS or it's applications are more secure than Mac just that perhaps Apple shouldn't be so quick to always claim the moral high ground on the issue of security as it seems that Apple is just as capable of providing insecure software as Microsoft or anybody else for that matter.
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by Seun(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2007
Actually, Apple doesn't really hype its Windows software. They want you to use their OS and hardware. wink
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by hoodboi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2007
sup seun pls check ur gmail, nd if u can come online to yahoo chat i will be there in a min.
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by texazzpete(m): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2007
the buzz on Engadget is that Safari for windows falls way short of what Steve Jobs was mouthing off about. hell, i'm pretty used to him giving empty promises and speeches (my 5G Video ipod doesn't last 2/3rd of the 12 hrs i was promised).

the buzz is, it renders some pages ugly, doesnt have the compatibility of firefox, for some it's actually slower than firefox and IE and it has some annoying features.

that said, it could be argued that it's a beta version and we should cut it some slack, but not many ppl were ready to forgive IE7 beta it's flaws, so we oughtta judge 'em both with the same weighty stick!
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by Ralvy(m): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2007
Bigrovar, nothin do u, I feel ur widgets and ur vista transformation pack style. lol, u no maximize safari cos u wnt mk we feel am ba, lol
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by Seun(m): 8:20am On Jul 11, 2007
the buzz on Engadget is that Safari
You don't have to rely on "the buzz on Engadget". You can download the damned thing and test it!

Personally, I think the browser is pretty good, though it consumes more memory than Firefox, which is a no-no.
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by hayprof(m): 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2007
Ralvy:

Bigrovar, I feel your vista transformation pack style. lol, u no maximize safari because u wnt mk we feel am ba, lol

Actually thats not a Transformation Pack,
It's a complete Vista OS. tongue
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by hayprof(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2007
bigrovar:

Apple just released a windows os version of its safari browser for public downloads

Actually had a feel of the Browser, Its ok, cool but One good disadvantage >>It loads Multimedia/Pictures etc b4 texts on websites,
Thereby making it slow in loading the Entire page, angry undecided
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by Seun(m): 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2007
Here's what Nairaland looks like on the safari browser. How do you see it?

Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by ehie007(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2007
Safari is ok, cos u can download video clips from you tube.

We just av to get used to it.

I like it cos thats what av been usin for two days now.
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by anusule(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2007
iv tried it, prefer i.e 7 and mozilla to it. u cant add tabs easily like you do in the others.
Re: Apple's Safari Now On Windows by spikyn: 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2007
I've tried it. I downloaded and installed the 3.01 version but upgraded last week to 3.02Beta. It's good, it's fast but it's as buggy as naija roads. I'm back to my Firefox 2.0.0.5 sha. If there's another version I might upgrade and try it again since I love the way the History on the pull-down tab arranges the pages visited with dates.

On it being a beta release; I started using Firefox as at 0.0.7beta and it hung less and consumed way less memory.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Made Ipad!! Inye / Sold!!! Sold!!! Sold!!!!! Hp Laptop Mv4 Core I7 / Dell GAMING RIG, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSHD, 6th Gen. Quad-Core i7, 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.