Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,324 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

My Ear Is Making Noise - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Ear Is Making Noise (1156 Views)

Fly Entered My Ear Last Night / My Friend's Ear Is Abnormal Please Help -graphics Picture- / My Right Ear Is Damaged! Nairalanders Please Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ear Is Making Noise by BonPatrick(m): 5:41am On Jun 08, 2020
Yesterday afternoon after I cleaned my ear with cutting board though is been a month I cleaned it. I found out it was very dirty. After using two cutting board to clean it I started hearing noise in my ear like cricket it seems like one of my ear is blocked. What could be the cause?
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by matrix199(m): 6:23am On Jun 08, 2020
That cricket-like sound is a condition called Tinnitus.

It seems you have earwax blockage.

Sadly, drugs can't cure Tinnitus, but can reduce its severity. Anti-anxiety/Anti-depressants do work fine

1 Like

Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 08, 2020
It's cotton bud.
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 08, 2020
cutting board
It's cotton bud.
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by BonPatrick(m): 10:02am On Jun 08, 2020
Ok thanks
Tadeknkeepcalm:
It's cotton bud.
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by BonPatrick(m): 10:03am On Jun 08, 2020
What should I do
matrix199:
That cricket-like sound is a condition called Tinnitus.

It seems you have earwax blockage.

Sadly, drugs can't cure Tinnitus, but can reduce its severity. Anti-anxiety/Anti-depressants do work fine
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by Haykhay: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
Are u still hearing that noise? My sister is hearing like a banging voice too in her ear since last week Friday
We don’t know what to do
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Wash your ear with water and it will stop with time.
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by chitheo(f): 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
@ OP

please don't pour water into your ear oo. I actually had this issue last year and the ENT doctor asked me not to allow water into my ear.
She prescribed some drugs also and I got better.
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by Tony142: 7:24am On Aug 14, 2021
chitheo:
@ OP

please don't pour water into your ear oo. I actually had this issue last year and the ENT doctor asked me not to allow water into my ear.
She prescribed some drugs also and I got better.

Pls what drugs did she prescribed? I am having similar problem
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by rottenPussy: 9:09am On Aug 14, 2021
Lol, just download some tinnitus masking sound. Most of the time it’s as a result of side effects from drug, and it usually has no cure.
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by chitheo(f): 11:30am On Aug 14, 2021
Tony142:

Hello, I'm sorry you are going through this.
I can't remember the drugs she prescribed because this happened in year 2019.
I will advice you vist an ENT doctor ASAP.

However, before I was able to visit an ENT doctor I treated myself of malaria and I felt better.
The doctor explained to me that tinnitus is not an illness per say but it arises as a result of an underlying illness .

I don't know if you might want to treat yourself of malaria. That's if you won't be able to see an ENT doctor this weekend.

I was also advised not to allow water get in to my ears and also to flee from using cotton bud .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by Tony142: 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
chitheo:

However, before I was able to visit an ENT doctor I treated myself of malaria and I felt better.
The doctor explained to me that tinnitus is not an illness per say but it arises as a result of an underlying illness .

I don't know if you might want to treat yourself of malaria. That's if you won't be able to see an ENT doctor this weekend.

I was also advised not to allow water get in to my ears and also to flee from using cotton bud .

OK, thanks
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by Tony142: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
chitheo:

How long did you take the drugs before u get healed?
Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by chitheo(f): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
Tony142:

How long did you take the drugs before u get healed?

When I took the malaria drugs it refused greatly the next day.

However,it started a month later, but it was not as bad as it was when it first started.
I took the drugs prescribed by the ENT doctor for four days and I felt better.

Ps. It doesn't really stop it only reduces.
I still hear it once in a while but not very serious.
It no longer disturbs me.

Please, stop using earphones .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by bulay: 10:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
Tony142:

Go for an examination. Mine was caused by wax build up. The doctor used a special device and water to wash my ear and flush out the wax and I began hearing very well again.

1 Like

Re: My Ear Is Making Noise by Tony142: 6:55am On Aug 15, 2021
bulay:

Go for an examination. Mine was caused by wax build up. The doctor used a special device and water to wash my ear and flush out the wax and I began hearing very well again.

Wow, nice one, I actually went to hospital, but they said doctor are on strike, i would have traveled home, let my parent look for the cure at home, but I currently have exams to write embarassed

I bought some few drugs from pharmacy, I am still waiting if they will work

(1) (Reply)

Girls Private Parts (mine) Are Too Sensitive For Satisfied Sexual Intercouse / 8 Secrets Of The Naturally Slim / Molue Pharmacists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.