Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor (43351 Views)

President Buhari Receives Madagascan Covid-19 Herbal “drug” From Guinea Bissau’s / "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN / Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by dre11(m): 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nigeria chartered a special flight between Abuja and Dhaka on Sunday to collect a small dose of the Bangladesh-produced anti-viral drug remdesivir in an effort to treat one of its officials suffering from Covid-19, officials in Dhaka said.

Dpa International reported that the plane returned home nearly 20 minutes after landing at Bangladesh’s major airport in Dhaka in the evening carrying 36 vials of the drug and some medical protective gear made by Bangladeshi companies, Foreign Ministry spokesman Touhidul Islam said.

At least 342 people with the Covid-19 disease have died in the West African country, where 12,233 cases of novel coronavirus have been confirmed up to Sunday.

“The Nigerian government sent the chartered plane to collect the drug to treat one of its governors affected by coronavirus,” a Foreign Ministry statement said.

The arrangement was made following a phone conversation Saturday between Nigerian Foreign Minister Geoffrey Onyeama and his Bangladeshi counterpart Abul Kalam Abdul Momen, according to the statement.

Two Bangladeshi companies last month produced the first generic version of the remdesivir, which is currently being tested as a possible treatment for Covid-19, the potentially deadly disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

The drug was developed and patented by Gilead Sciences in the US.

A Nigerian team collected 25 vials of the drug produced by Eskayef Pharmaceuticals Limited and 11 vials by Beximco Pharmaceuticals Limited, Kabir Ahmed Bhuiya, a businessman who supplied the drug and the equipment samples, said.

Nigeria is interested in importing the drug from Bangladesh subject to its efficacy, according to the Foreign Ministry statement.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/nigeria-flies-in-covid-19-drug-from-bangladesh-for-an-infected-official/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by festacman(m): 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
Who is this guinea pig governor?

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by XXLMANDIGO: 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
Lol.

Ipob Kerosene Governor tongue

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by chariisGRACE(m): 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
I smell Okezie Ikpeazu

Veqtor:

Where did they say..it was for a governor?

Keep spreading unfounded rumours.

"The Nigerian government sent the chartered plane to collect the drug to treat one of its governors affected by coronavirus,” a Foreign Ministry statement said.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by Veqtor: 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
dre11:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/nigeria-flies-in-covid-19-drug-from-bangladesh-for-an-infected-official/

Lalasticlala

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by FlordFlorez(m): 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Abia Gov?

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by yanabasee1(m): 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
So, just like that... The Madagascar herbal isn't functional anymore??

W.H.O just killed Madagascar efforts......

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by yanabasee1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
So, just like that... The Madagascar herbal isn't functional anymore??

W.H.O just killed Madagascar efforts......

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by ModestGal(f): 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hmmn
Nigerians are raised to be parasitic in nature, that is why we would never think of producing our own, always looking for where to run to for help. It is well

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by ModestGal(f): 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hmm
Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by kcute(m): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hdhh
Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by NOL2dworld(m): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Everything work together for good to them that love God.

For those who wish to know, no matter what U are going through, there is still hope, don't give up.. You are not alone on this journey. Keep pushing you will overcome.

Is life not fair to you? I know someone who can give U everlasting Peace, Joy and rest of mind, his name is Jesus.. Jesus Christ is the answer..

Accept Jesus Christ, surrender to him, rededicate yourself to Him and accept him as your personal Lord and Saviour. Accept Him now, for next minute may be too late..

Make this confession loudly. Father! Forgive me, I'm sorry, please help me, I love U, I need U, hold me Jesus!!!, my heart, my soul please take control of it right now. Lead me in your ways and teach me your path so I can forever abide in your words. Save me Lord, have mercy on me and forgive my sins in Jesus name. Amen

Thank U for saving me and thank U because U have deliver me from the bondage of sins, I know my sins has been forgiving, I give U all the praise in Jesus name.

If U make this confession with an open heart, your sins have been forgiving and the Lord has removed your name from the book of death to the book of life. He has giving u peace and everlasting joy. Ask continuously with faith any good thing U want the Lord to do for U with believe in Jesus name and he will answer you.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by StubbornGENIUS: 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Why not tell us the name of the Governor?And why is it even for just one patient when we have tens of thousands of infected people.Lemme just be watching sha.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by cryptotech: 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Good one
Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by Elslim: 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ok woo
Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by AuntRose(f): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ikpeazu!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by lilfort(m): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
wat is the difference btween him and other ppl wif the virus

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by EkwulobiaTV: 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Na wa
Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by waledeji(m): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
festacman:
Who is this guinea pig governor?
The one that looks like guinea pig cheesy cheesy cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by Samylekey(m): 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
Naija we hail thee

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by babag93: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by handsomeyinka(m): 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
They probably bought foreign paracetamol...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by Atheistan: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nawa oo
Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by realstars: 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
So Where Is The Home Made Drugs?
Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by Atheistan: 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
Veqtor:

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by betterpikinn: 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
grin
Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
For the infected governors undecided undecided. What happened to the infected Citizens, any hope for them..
It's okay, Las Las. We go dey alright, I tell u cry cry cry

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by Commonsense99: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
shocked
I don't like the tone of urgency in this info , is the patient deteriorating at a fast pace? Okezie Ikpeazu comes to mind. , the dude is Co - mordid obesity, and covid-19 does not pity obsessed patients.

Here is a governor who refused to work for Abians, for reasons best known to him.
May he (and other Governors) live to learn some lessons from his ailment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor by StubbornGENIUS: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
ModestGal:
Hmmn
Nigerians are raised to be parasitic in nature, that is why we would never think of producing our own, always looking for where to run to for help. It is well
Maybe you can produce our own for us, Ma'am grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have Just Been Diagnosed With Herpes / Sexsomnia: A Misconception For “Spirit Husband” / Mango Worms Aka Mango Fly: What You Need To Know About (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.